oh my god

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gatto, Dec 11, 2008.

1. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

I was speaking to a friend of mine about shaving and he was saying oh yeah I've used the same razor the whole time I've been shaving, about 5 years. So I said well yeah, you don't throw the handles out, just replace the blades. (he uses a cartridge) and he said ... um.. no.. I mean the blade part. How the hell is that even possible!? for the record he never looks like he shaved with anything other then a butter knife but wouldn't that start to hurt and get rusty and gross after a while?

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

You need to point out the little plastic cover over the blades. The cartridges shave much better when you remove those plastic covers :)

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

I feel kind of sick...
    What must be GROWING in that thing?

4. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

maybe I'll get him a DE for the holidays :happy102 he'd get so pissed at me though.

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Does he have whiskers?

6. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

What, no way.

7. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

I didn't realize the Infinity razor had been how for so long :happy102

8. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

I told him I replace my blade every 3-4 shaves and he was absolutely shocked.

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Get him a tetnus shot for the holidays.

10. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

That's disgusting- IF he's telling the truth. :eek:

11. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

I very seriously doubt he was lying, he said it like he had absolutely no idea you're suppose to change them.

12. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Wow! Can you say poorly shaven masochist? :happy102

Back in my dark shaving days I'd stretch it just to save a few $'s but I doubt I ever went for more than a month with the same cartridge. The horror!

13. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Does he have a beard or does he just shave really really light peach-fuzz type hair?

14. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

he has a pretty coarse beard, definitely not just shaving peach fuzz

15. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Oof. Well then that sounds brutal.

He might as well be shaving with a camping knife.

16. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

the weird thing is he really didn't seem to think it was weird. Like nobody told him you change the cartridge at least once a week. He also said it works fine :happy102

17. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

It sounds like the whole Gillette multi million dollar advertising campaign was lost on him.

I hate to say this but slip a couple cartridges in his stocking this year, that oughtta hold him for the next few decades!

18. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I wasn't thinking of a straight up lie, but more like exaggeration or otherwise modifying the truth.

But how could he miss the fact that the blade gets dull and clogged? I could never get more than one shave per cartridge. I'd get serious irritation and burn if I pushed it past one. I can't imagine what this guy suffers through!:sick007

19. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

This is awful. 5 years on a cartridge. Heck, D.Irving79 doesn't go that far. He only uses a blade for a month or so before he get rid of it. :happy001

Your friend is nuts I think.

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Maybe he has a really good prep method and the whiskers are just super softened. A dull knife can slice butter. :happy102 Something tells me that is not the case...