July 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave. Hope you and your wife are fully recovered.

3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe ..The Supply V2 is a pleasure to shave with.

JACarbone, Hogie and Trigger like this.
  4. palmolive fox

31st July 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream.
    Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D4)
    Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./La Toja ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently, resulting in a wonderfully smooth 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish the month off on a high.

My introductory to injector razors this year has totally amazed me.

The shave's that I've had throughout the month from the injectors & SE razors vintage new & old have all been close comfortable,& enjoyable. No exaggeration!....I repeat myself and say if i had the choose a vintage SE razor as a daily shaver then the Schick G type injector would be it!

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

JACarbone, Hogie, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Awesome shave, setup and pic Barry! You're enthusiastic posts are appreciated. Thanks.

JACarbone, Hogie and palmolive fox like this.
  6. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe. It's hard for myself to believe, that before i introduced myself to traditional wet shaving i had no enthusiasm what so ever for shaving, in fact i despised it with a huge passion!...Now it's a wonderful hobby/pastime of mine.;)

JACarbone, wristwatchb, Hogie and 2 others like this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I can relate. I look forward to a nice shave now.
    Nice setup today!

8. Trigger

I think everyone here agrees Barry. I look forward to my shaves so much that I can't stand that I have to wait a little over a day to even think about shaving. It's why I usually don't shave my head and face at the same time.

9. palmolive fox

I could ,and i should shave every day, but i don't as i find it's more beneficial & enjoy my shaves more if i miss a day...My normal routine with my head/dome shaving was once a month, doing a 'no guard' buzz cut every week, but now i do a full head/dome shave every Saturday, which is wonderful.;)

10. palmolive fox

:signs001:

JACarbone likes this.
  11. Trigger

July 31 SOTD

Good Morning!

Straight Razor Shave # 386 (26)
    13/8 ArtRazor 1000
    MrEE LE #10 Cashmere Brush
    Cella SS
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 46.5 hrs

20220730_221014.jpg

I can't believe this is the last day of July. Therefore, I wanted to end the month in a grand way and decided to shave with my über straight Artie. Moreover, it's my last day on my bowl lathering focus. It's been fun sharing my lather pics, but I am glad that I will be going back to face lathering. However, it doesn't mean that I won't bowl lather, but not as much, probably once or twice a week,
    Anyway, Evan's brush is very soft and always whips up a nice lather as you can see below.

20220731_090438.jpg

Did a 2.5 errorless shave that resulted in a very close and comfortable shave. There was very little alum feedback. Finished with the witch hazel and the soothing Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave. Enjoy your day!

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I closed the month with a much better shave than that of yesterday. At first, I didn't think it would be good because I had the ;large-sized brush going into a small soap tin. But I got a good amount on, wigh little trouble on the brush size persuasion. Zero Cuts, Knicks, and red polka-dots :). The only problem was I left too much astroturf around the Ingrown Swamp area....no more Ingrowns please. The Stoylin Glacial Lime felt gooood, and I closed with the Mutamayez cologne from The House of Swiss Arabian. Most Excellent(what a bounce from 24 hours ago!).

13. Trigger

Good one Paul. You want to get rid of ingrown hairs, then you need to graduate to shaving with safety razors. You have been given a nice safety razor and I just don't understand why you won't use it. Yes, I know you have issues that make it hard for you to load a razor, but you have been given good advice to overcome it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    JACarbone likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

It's still missing, for one. RFemember, I think my cleaning lady put it somewhere-obviously not in the bathroom. Also remember, I DID try it out a few times-the angling problem I have is too much. And yes, the setting up of it. Frustrating. Maybe this Abraham Lincoln joke might help you understnd what it's been like for me.:

Lincoln:How many legs would a dog have if you call his tail a leg?
    Friend: 5.
    Lincoln: No, 4,,,,calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.

Point being-you're right, you guys have given me good advice to overcome my issues, but it's up tp ME to put that advice into action-and I just can't.

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Shave any way you want, Paul.

16. Paul Turner

Thank you Joseph, although I would substitute "can" for "want. It's really becoming a hobby :).

17. Paul Turner

I just moved my Stoylin "Bath/Hand Soap" to the shower area. First try with it will be tomorrow....onr of these days I'll list a "Shower Of The Day". Next "Hand" soap-Vanilla Sandalwood....it's pretty nice, all right. Next batch of 6 arrives tomorrow. I substituted Coniferous for Eucalyptus Mint. Haverford and Sandalwood remain from the current batch.

18. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Same here, Barry. I used to hate shaving. Now I look forward to the shave routine.

I have not shaved yet today. I got involved with the bike again and went for a nice ride. It sounds meaner now. LOL I may shave before bed. I still have to see what to use! But, I won't be able to post it since this is the last day of July! Or I may wait til tomorrow morning to shave. I'll prolly shower and shave then go to bed. I had a good day. Now all I need is for the replacement exhaust Vance & Hines is sending me to arrive. Then I can do the final treaking with the computer. ;)

19. Trigger

Glad you had a nice day Hogie. You can post your shave up to midnight and possibly a little after on the July thread. Waiting for August thread is an option as well.

palmolive fox and JACarbone like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Phoenix AA sent me an e-mail about brands that will be discontinued soon. I'm glad the two I am considering are safe.

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.