Holiday Seasonal Fragrances

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Old_Spice, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Old_Spice

Old_Spice Active Member

I'm searching for some seasonal scents ie. Christmas Bayberry, Cinnamon Apple Spice- Wassail ......something along these lines. What's out there?

tks

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    My favorite TSD seasonal scents are Blue Juniper, Christmas, and Crackling Firewood.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

There's a soap in the traveling box that reminds me of Autumn, especially Halloween, which is my my birthday. It's "When October Goes" by Van Yulay and has that spicy apple scent. They describe the scent as "Fall Apples & Leaves with Tobacco" and it's one soap I'll be taking.

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Stirling Christmas Eve Shave Soap and Aftershave is the best seasonal offering in my opinion. It smells like a live Christmas tree. It is so good that I use it anytime of the year.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Stirling has apple cider which is great and christmas eve.

6. Old_Spice

Old_Spice Active Member

With current temps out there = 99F 37C looking forward to these !

awk-m4 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you can find Avon's IMPERATOR, it works as a nice seasonal scent.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

oooh!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  9. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I purchased Southern Witchcrafts Druantia for the holidays last year and I really like it.
    From the SW website:
    A tribute to the druid celebration of the Winter Solstice or “Yule”, Druantia is woodsy and spicy scent perfect for crisp Winter days.

Scent notes: Cedar, Oakmoss, Rosewood, Moss, Cypress, Tobacco, Fungus, Sandalwood, Mitsutake, Myrrh, Amber, Orange, Ginger

Druantia.JPG

Of course I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest TOBS Peppermint. It has a delicious candy cane scent. I purchased this one earlier this year and it will definitely figure prominently over the holidays.
    TOBS Peppermint.JPG

10. Old_Spice

Old_Spice Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, and I'll be looking into many of these for myself and as gifts. I did nail two as of late; and the first one to arrive "bayberry" really nice stuff, I should not have broken in to it until Christmas time. thumbnail-4.jpg thumbnail-5.jpg

11. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Art Of Shaving has / had a scent called Peppermint also and it can be found at places like TJ Maxx and Ross Or Marshalls....
    AOSPEP-1.jpg

Also Stirling Shave Soap Frankincense & Myrrh

29082026.png

And there's
    BARRISTER AND MANN VESPERS SHAVING SOAP
    ezgif-5-b8463fba93.jpg

12. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Beat me too it.
    This is one of my faves too.
    I also like Autumn Glory.

Trigger likes this.
  13. Trigger

I have this soap and I am not a fan of it because it is an earthy scent. I was expecting the scent to be more sweeter.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  14. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

I've tried it in a bath bar and liked it.

Trigger likes this.
  15. Trigger

Scents are a subjective thing. Stirling's F & M isn't a bad scent, but I like others a whole lot more. I have had that soap almost 3 yrs and I haven't put a dent into it.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  16. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I actually like it .....

Trigger likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Blue Juniper is summer/fall, right?

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Same thing that happened to me and the Razorock Lime Burst. I just got to wondering-"How do you put a dent in this thing?". It's dented now, which is nice.

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    If that's what you feel it is, but I don't classify scents by season myself. Blue Juniper makes me think of Christmas trees.

20. Old_Spice

Old_Spice Active Member

got this in the post today ...... thumbnail-10.jpg christmas tree & blue juniper