SoS: August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Time for the big blade. Three days of stubble effortlessly wiped away for a very smooth and close shave. Surprisingly a razor this size can still produce that satisfying velcro ripping sound :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    Wade & Butcher 9/8 The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor FBU
    Castle Forbes Lavender After Shave Balm

CFCAE65F-44F8-491D-8D20-15AD660BD0A4.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Fabelhaft!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Hogie and Karl G like this.
  3. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Danke!

Primotenore likes this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD ,Friday, August 5th, 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur, MFG 2021> great tame mid range, interesting clamping with a small head design, very enjoyable to handle and results are usually stellar for myself. The Chrome head design model is accurate and well built IMO.
    Blade : Schick proline P30(5) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" unique tranquilizing scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Atlantis 24 mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 50 mm blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

5. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Saturday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Valet AutoStrop
    Blade: Feather FHS-10 (6)
    Brush: Heritage Collection Merit 99-5
    Scuttle: Georgetown G12
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
    Shave Soap: APR Coolabah LE (Aventus inspired)
    Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: APR Coolabah LE (Aventus inspired)

6. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Saturday 08.06.22
    Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
    Razor: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Manchurian White Fan
    Soap: ‌Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 6th August 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head
    Pears Transparent Soap.
    Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
    Face & head Lather.
    Frankensoap: Arko + Palmolive Classic grated Shave sticks.(grated)
    Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D4)
    Razor: Gem Micromatic. (OC) 1930

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool AS-Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

Early morning shave..

I had all intention's to do a Turkish theme week, but changed my mind at the last minute, and decided to carry on for another week using my SE razors after the wonderful shaves i have had with them over them last month, with the addition of some Turkish shaving assortments to keep the Turkish theme intention in mind.

Starting the weekend off with the Gem Micromatic (OC) which is the most assertive of all my vintage SE razors. A wonderfully efficient razor that treated with respect applying good technique this vintage lady rewards you with sublime smooth shaves.

The Lider turkish boar brush i will be using with all my shaves throughout the week.. After a 5 minute soak in cold water then a quick squeeze to release the excessive water it built up a wonderful lather from the grated Arko & Palmolive classic sticks adding water to the tips of the brush until i got the consistency of which i like. The Franken-soap classic duo never fails to give a superb lather, with a equally good post shave feel.

A wonderful face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Cool ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

8. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Saturday August 6, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology
    Razor: Henson AL13 +++
    Blade: Feather (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!

upload_2022-8-6_7-34-48.png

9. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

10. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Holy Black SR71 Slant
    Timeless Ti Handle
    Voskhod Teflon Blade
    Frank Shaving Silvertip
    MDC Original Soap
    Aloe Vera
    Old Spice Musk
    HB slant Timeless ti hdls.JPG

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220806.JPG
    Supply Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Musgo Real Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS

The Musgo Real Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injectorr Razor with a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 4
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade AS Splash

For this steamy weather I decided to select some of the coldest stuff I have - the Glacial Strawberry Lemonade soap and aftershave have such a gorgeous scent which is more strawberry but the lemony notes are there too. The soap is tallow based like all the Stirling soaps so the lather is so awesome as well as slick and protective, the menthol sensation is so intense, and the skincare is perfect. The Prep gave me lots of additional postshave love, and the Glacial Strawberry Lemonade aftershave’s delightful scent lasts all day, not to mention how frigid it is. Am I ever as smooth as silk from three glorious passes!

Have a great weekend - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Very Nice! One day, I may graduate to the straight razors. I have a couple of really nice ones that need to be sharpened. I have stones but, I don't want to destroy these razors. For now, I use the Feather DX at times (it's been a while). Lavender is always nice and the Forbes is exceptional!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Karl G and Ron R like this.
  14. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Another excellent shave with the Hawk v3 and a fresh Feather Professional blade

Hawk v3
    Feather Professional fresh blade
    Proraso "Blue" pre-shave
    Proraso "Green" Menthol soap lathered with cold water on the brush (no blooming)
    Simpson "Commodore" brush
    Thayers Toner with Witch Hazel & Aloe
    Dab of Geo F Trumper "Skin Food"
    Pinaud "Clubman" Vanilla

Pleasant cool shave with the menthol Proraso. I may add a dab of Peppermint to the mix tomorrow. I don't bloom the Proraso but, rather, simply load the brush with cold water and commence to whisking to load it with the soap. This seems to work well. Nice lather that I didn't have to add much water to. Cooling for the face! WTG, ATG, and a bit of cleanup delivered a BBS shave. Alum bar gave no feedback. No cuts, nicks, or weepers! The Hawk is my fav modern single edge razor.

DSCN8951.JPG

15. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Saturday Shave

Lather: home blend glycerin soap
    Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite
    Razor: Henson AL13
    Blade: RK
    After: witch hazel and aloe
    Cold water shave :Animatedfrozensmily:

20220806_065921~2_copy_1280x890.jpg

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Saturday August 6th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Katana with Yaqi rocket handle & Yaqi retracting handle- Mfg 2019> excellent mid upper mid range, this razor uses a 1/2 DE blade, using a steep approach angle(riding the bar) works the best with a short handle 2 3/4 inch, it will give a great close shave from my experience. Very affordable for those who are budget minded.
    Blade : Gillette Astra SP 1/2 blade(1) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" very nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities. I enjoy this scent very much.
    Brush : Yaqi Cola 22 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great spray scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Katana with short handle with a Astra SP blade.
    SOTD August 6 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

If you want an excellent edge, send one or two to Glen @gssixgun. You can use films to touch them up :happy088:

Hogie likes this.
  18. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Super Speed / Gillette Rubie Plus
    Yaqi Synthetic
    Razorock / Don Donato 20220720_142655.jpg

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's what tomorrow(Sun)-looks like:

prep-Nivea 4 Men Bodywash (Fresh Ice)in lukewarm shower
    shave=Wet The Face (Frozen Lemon Ice)
    Brush-Stoylin(No Name)
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Clubman Pinaud Reserve(Gent's Gin)

20. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here my SotD from Wednesday (03.08.2022)

BFF2C47C-855C-4A48-A461-337633222554.jpeg
    Razor: Merkur Progress // Blade: Gillette Wilkinson India // Soap: Soap Commander Vision // Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite // Aftershave: Anherb Aftershave Conditioner

Again a great shave.

Enjoy your shaves, take your time and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.