30 Day Rule/Focus; August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Awesome shaves Barry. I like my MMOC as well because it gives similar results as if I an shaving with a straight. Enjoy your afternoon.

brit, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Alway good when they feed you. Regardless of the heat, I am sure you enjoyed your evening.

brit, Hogie and Trigger like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

47 smackeroos, eh Joe?

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. Trigger

Aug 6. SOTD
    Paulie's Photo Countdown: 46 days

Good Morning!

1959 Gillette Fatboy ( setting 7 )
    Gillette Winner DE Blade (fresh)
    Rockwell Synthetic Brush
    Chiseled Face Cryogen SS
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 40.5 hrs

20220805_200936.jpg

It turned out to be a Cryogen week for me. However, I didn't use the matching aftershave so as to change it up a bit.
    I dryloaded my brush and decided to drown it instead of adding increments of water. Cryogen thrives on water so it will not break no matter how much you add to it. Usually, I wet my face before I lather my Cryogen, but I decided to depart from my routine using this soap.

Did get an error-free BBS result with 2.5 passes. The Gillette Winner blade was quite smooth and enjoyable as it mowed down my 40+ hr growth. Dare I say that setting 7 on my Fatboy is my sweet spot. Lol! I used to go to the max setting, but now I have been enlightened that it is not necessary to go full throttle to get a great shave.

Did get a little alum feedback on my neck, but nothing outrageous. Finished the shave with the application of the witch hazel and Aqua Velva. I am clean and refreshed. Now, it's time for breakfast and then heading to the gym for very light cardio. Have a great day!

5. Trigger

As of today, it's 46.

brit, JACarbone and Hogie like this.
  6. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Another excellent shave with the Hawk v3 and a fresh Feather Professional blade

Hawk v3
    Feather Professional fresh blade
    Proraso "Blue" pre-shave
    Proraso "Green" Menthol soap lathered with cold water on the brush (no blooming)
    Simpson "Commodore" brush
    Thayers Toner with Witch Hazel & Aloe
    Dab of Geo F Trumper "Skin Food"
    Pinaud "Clubman" Vanilla

Pleasant cool shave with the menthol Proraso. I may add a dab of Peppermint to the mix tomorrow. I don't bloom the Proraso but, rather, simply load the brush with cold water and commence to whisking to load it with the soap. This seems to work well. Nice lather that I didn't have to add much water to. Cooling for the face! WTG, ATG, and a bit of cleanup delivered a BBS shave. Alum bar gave no feedback. No cuts, nicks, or weepers! The Hawk is my fav modern single edge razor.

Today, I am keeping low profile for another scorching day! I do need to run to the store for a couple items so, I will ride the bike there. Saddlebags can hold what I need to get. It will be a very nice ride.

Have a super Saturday, everybody!

DSCN8951.JPG

brit, JACarbone, kjbarth and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Nice shave to close out(for now)the Barbasol/Stoylin Lime. Before I began I felt my face and neck. Boy, we get a lot of astroturf as we age!!!! But I took care of all that in fine fashion with a real nice shave. One pass. This time I lifted my glasses at the sideburn area to knock off both. I took a little extra time down at Cactus Nation(neck)to make sure all was well down there. It was. No Knicks, Cuts, or Polka-dots. Again, that Stoylin Lime A.S. was NIIICE. I have just enough of it left to last me through the summer. Mutamayez cologne(House of Swiss Arabian)to close out a shave that was Outta This World Excellent.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    brit, kjbarth, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

C6B166C6-4CB2-40D0-9CED-3470DA3FE7C8.jpeg

DE Shave # 416 - Adjustable August Weekends

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Ming Shi Futur Clone
    Blade: Shark Platinum (4)
    Brush: Classic Shaving Silver Blue
    Lather: Cella Crema da Barba
    Aftershave: PAA Chella Cool
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

The Ming Shi Futur Clone is the only adjustable razor in my den. When I first started using the razor I would open it up to the highest setting, 6, for the first two passes and then drop in down to setting 4. I have since adjusted to a setting of 4 and 3 respectively. The resulting shave is just as close with less of a blade feel.

Cella, which I have not reached for in over a month, was a nice choice for today. Paired with the PAA Chella Cool it easily works to combat the continued heat and humidity. The PAA Chella Cool will surprise you with the intensity of the “chilling burn” upon application which last between 20 and 30 seconds. The scent will last a good portion of the day.

The usual three pass shave has left my face smooth and velveteen. The main task for the day is to try to stay cool. I have a few minor things to do. I will do them at a leisurely pace.

Have a great day gentlemen.

brit, kjbarth, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Time flies..

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

51BCD37B-1815-4567-9451-F033D08A5BD4.jpeg

brit, Trigger, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  11. Paul Turner

You aren't gonna let me forget it are ya?(Course if that man isn't y0u, the message is for him).

12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful Frankenshave Barry. Love my Micromatics.

13. Trigger

Great shave Hogie. Glad you're feeling better.

brit, JACarbone and Hogie like this.
  14. Trigger

brit and JACarbone like this.
  15. Trigger

Terrific shave Paul. Yes, I agree that we get a little hairier, especially in our ears.

16. Trigger

Super Cool Saturday shave Joe. It's too bad the Mets were out of the game after the second inning last night.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  17. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe...Micromatics are such wonderfully smooth efficient shavers..Especially for dome/head shaving.

brit, Hogie, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe..The rigidity of the Gem blade & the firmness of the razor work wonderfully together...Now i understand how it must feel when your shaving with your Straights..Injector razors, give the same feel too..Enjoy your day.

19. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Ryan.

brit and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.