Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220808.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #340
    Schick 66 G-4
    Schick Plus Platinum
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #340 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick 66 G-4 Razor with a Schick Plus Platinum Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Tdmsu, MPF9, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

awesome black handle Jim.wanted one for the longest time but wasn't willing to pay the high prices.:):eatdrink047:

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thank you Gary. It wasn't described as Canadian, black handle or E. At first I thought it was a blue handle taken in low light. Had to look at it real close and bought it up real quick before someone else did.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

a true score.:):eatdrink047:

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. jimjo1031

I think it was about $13.00 or so shipped.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

well,if you see another..;):eatdrink047:

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. jimjo1031

I know on safetyrazors.net it mentions the black handle E is rarely seen. but I'm guessing the Canadian version more so.

GAW9576, Ron R and brit like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday, August 8th 2022. I have been experimenting with shimming the spline of the modern Gem blade for years with my Everready streamline razor and it mellows out that razor nicely. So this morning I used a spent regular flattened spine that I use in my ER Streamline and installed it in the MMOC button less model to mock the thicker splined blades of the 1930 era and results where it also tilts the blade enough to smooth it out a little. I would suggest trying it at least and used it with a new Gem PTFE blade also.
    I'm not the only person to try this and only works best in the Micromatic 3 different models (because of the way those razors clamp the blade) with a flattened spline from a spent blade. I have not tried it in the MMCP or MMFW yet and I not sure it would benefit the MMFW(AKA, Bullet tip or MMBT) because it is the milder razor of the 3 Micromatics.

Razor : Micromatic open comb button-less- Mfg 1930-32, excellent mid>upper mid range depending on experience, well built and designed for that time era, it was the first mass produced TTO razor world wide. The button-less model was before the newer Micromatic open comb models 1932-41 that held the double edge blades and used button shims to mock the spine blades. I used a flattened spent spline in MMOC to mellow it out and performed well. Hard to believe just tilting the blade a few degrees would make a difference but it sure felt like it and performed like a nice smooth mid range razor.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Very sharp with excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier- nice scented soap with excellent lather qualities. Has a slight lemon look and scent works for me.
    Brush : Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer aftershave + a dollop of Neutrogena hydro boost moisturizing lotion(scentless)testing).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my MMOC buttonless with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Tdmsu, MPF9, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

9th August 2022.

7.jpg

10. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 9th August
    Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #2 - OSP No8 Test V1 - RazoRock Plissoft - OSP No8 Test V1 AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Tuesday 08.09.22
    Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
    Razor: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
    Soap: ‌Signature Soaps Leodis Hybrid Shaving Soap

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220809.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #340
    Schick 66 G-4
    Schick Plus Platinum
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #340 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick 66 G-4 Razor with a Schick Plus Platinum Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, August 9th 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready 1912 with a modified Gem Micromatic handle, Mfg 1936- 53, nice mid range, well built and takes the modern Gem blade still. Joy to use and easy to shave the face with.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Speick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled soap in a stick very nice.
    Brush : Yaqi Bali 24mm silvertip badger, new brush, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of Neutrogena Hydro boost moisturizing lotion(scentless)testing).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Ever-Ready1912 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

14. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Great shave this morning with the Schick E.

IMG_20220809_211152_(1050_x_1049_pixel).jpg

Ron R, Tdmsu, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #340
    Schick 66 G-4
    Schick Plus Platinum
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #340 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick 66 G-4 Razor with a Schick Plus Platinum Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

11th August 2022.

8.jpg

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 10th August

Alpha Classic G4 Syn 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Ever Ready “ Streamline “
    Gem S/S ( 1 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

After a long run of AC/SE shaves I switched to a Vintage rotation. I used my favourite, a “Streamline “ which used without pressure and no rush delivers great Shaves. Today was no exception, a mishap free Shave with a finish the equal to the best I get with other Razors.

B81DE6F1-FCFD-4121-AEE5-819B6FB8E858.jpeg

palmolive fox, Ron R, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  18. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 11th August
    Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #3 - Vitos Red Super - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

palmolive fox, Ron R, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    LaToja Shaving Stick
    Jayaruh #340
    Schick 66 G-4
    Schick Plus Platinum
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman

The LaToja Shaving Stick lathered well with Jayaruh #340 badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick 66 G-4 Razor with a Schick Plus Platinum Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

IMG-PHOTO-ART--1896222004-01.jpeg
    Excellent Shave today with a great scent and top performance.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Supply SE Fin
    Blade: Supply Black label SE
    Brush: Lutin Chubby Lightning
    Pre-Shave: Beard of God Face Wash
    Lather: Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli
    Aftershave: Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli
    Additional Care:
    Chatillon Lux Yuzu Rose Patchouli EdT