Shave den soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Oldfashionshaves, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Oldfashionshaves

Oldfashionshaves New Member

So my favorite soap was the one made here at the shave den. Last time I had gotten some way 5 or so years back. At the time I had gotten an assortment of soaps that had lasted me well the last few years. Now I came back to get some more to be saddened by the news that the shop has retired. I was wondering if anyone knew of a general ingredients list of the soaps that were made to aid me in my search for a new favorite shave soap.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

@Queen of Blades aka Joanna made them and I hear that she's partial to homemade cookies. So.....

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My only TSD soap was Russian Leather. Really liked it and made me study the origin of Russian Leather....found it an interesting story.

4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the aftershave milk. It was a good combination of balm and splash with a great variety of scents.

5. Oldfashionshaves

Oldfashionshaves New Member

Yeah I never found fault with any of her products. I remember them being lanolin based. But I don’t remember if they had shea butter or what other oils if any. I just want to find soaps on the market with the same general ingredients list even if they smells will never quiet be the same. Because her products were honestly amazing.

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Here is the ingredient list from the shop page for the original soap formula

Glycerin, Aqua, Olive Oil, Bentonite Clay,
    Sodium Borate, Sweet Almond Oil, Sodium Palmate,
    Sorbitol, Sodium Cocoate, Palm Acid, Coconut Acid,
    Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate,
    and fragrance (except Sensitive)

TSD soaps are very good and just recently used the Iced Havoc Aqua Velva type soap, great scent that is different from AV but compliments each other very well.

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

It appears TSD soaps are back up for sale. Just placed a order last night. So if you are looking for a replacement look no further.

Have always liked the TSD soaps they are different from other glycerin based soaps and are different enough to stand out among others in this category of products.

8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I just received my order from The Shave Den Store. It will be my first experience with these soaps. I chose the lanolin base. I also got the matching aftershave and the M bomb.

20220810_140358.jpg

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Niiiiiiiice!
    You've got options with that M-Bomb:
    3-4 drops in your palm with a squirt of shampoo
    2-3 drops in your shaving bowl with you soap or cream du jour.
    1-2 drops in you palm with a splash of your aftershave

Let us know how you use it and what you think:)

Frijolero, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  10. Trigger

Thanks Steve. Tomorrow, I will be using the orange scented soap and aftershave without the menthol. I want to get an unadulterated fragrance from her soaps before I add menthol. When the time comes, I will bowl lather and then add 3 drops toward the end of the process. I shave with Chiseled Face Cryogen so I know that 3 drops of the M bomb will not freeze my face. However, I know that I will enjoy soaps that I have mentholated whatever the cool factor.

11. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Sweet

Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Thanks Danny.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not only is the Shop open, JoAnna is running a buy 2-get-1 free deal until Oct 3.
    These are some fantastic soaps. Lather easily, slick, great scents.
    I just placed my order for some TSD Lanolin soaps: Lavender, Frankincense & Myrrh, Christmas, Barber Shoppe, Cedarwood, Brut type

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Trigger like this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

Is there a Coupon code or does it automatically take off the 3rd at checkout?

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No coupon code. Details are here.

I will be leaving on vacation today, though.