Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 11th August

Omega 11126 boar
    Cyril Salter Solid soap
    ER 1924
    Gem S/S ( 7 )
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A very pleasant Shave, as the 1924 teamed up with a Titanium Handle was a delight to wield as it was so well balanced. The finish was surprisingly good for a blade on its 7th outing.

EB7B2DC3-690C-4034-B1D4-FA7ABE59A109.jpeg

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220812.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    LaToja Shaving Stick
    Jayaruh #340
    Schick 66 G-4
    Schick Plus Platinum
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman

The LaToja Shaving Stick lathered well with Jayaruh #340 badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick 66 G-4 Razor with a Schick Plus Platinum Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Still using my Schick.

Guess I ain't got much else to say.

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, Aug 12th, 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 chrome Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021, excellent tame mid range, easy to handle when assembled, small head parts to assemble, I get nice consistently excellent shaves & a joy to use + affordable!
    Blade : Schick Proline P30 (6)- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream- Very nice rich scent of Sandalwood + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Bali 24mm silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse of soap residual + Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi chrome SE V2 Excalibur with a Schick proline p30 blade.
    After using my Yaqi plastic travel bowl I realized I like my home made altered ceramic modified bowl a lot more because of handle design + nickel coin agitators epoxied on the bottom with shallower wall height but same 5 inch diameter makes a better bowl for myself lathering when tailor made for my needs. Yaqi plastic bowl would be good enough for travelling IMO.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 13th August
    Stoll Junior 3D - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Old Spice Original - Yaqi Robin - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

brit, GAW9576, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220813.JPG
    Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    LaToja Shaving Stick
    Jayaruh #340
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman

The LaToja Shaving Stick lathered well with Jayaruh #340 badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor with a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, GAW9576, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor SOTD, Sat, Aug 13th 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready 1924 (AKA= Shovel head)-Mfg 1924-33 excellent mid range, different way of loading a blade from the back of head. Excellent shave this morning and the more I use this razor over the years the more I enjoy it.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) very sharp blade , great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream- nice 6/10 scent of Sandal wood spiciness + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Black marble 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Proraso Red sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Ever-Ready 1924 Shovel head with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, palmolive fox, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 13th August

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 2 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Another long day out officiating on what for UK is is going to be rather hot. Such an effortless Shave with this combo, almost like waving a magic wand. Most definitely the Razor for me on special occasions.

4B7EB6AD-9AEA-467D-9BE6-F57191EBFD6F.jpeg

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    LaToja Shaving Stick
    Jayaruh #340
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman

The LaToja Shaving Stick lathered well with Jayaruh #340 badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, palmolive fox, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, August 14th 2022, Still enjoying my test with the modified Kai protouch guarded blade, settings 5,5 + pickups 9 and the blade is very smooth with good results + very unlikely to get irritation or weepers and still get a close shave. Any adjustable injector or Schick adjustables are best suited for this blade IMO for tweaking to person desire of shave wanted.

Razor :
    Schick adjustable injector model 3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable, well made, fairly long handle but manageable + one of my favorite Schick razors + will take any injector blade (Twins, different brands +modified blades) with ease.
    Blade : Modified Kai Protouch (3) excellent sharpness & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a modified AC blade.
    Soap : Razorock Fresco XXX mild mentholated[​IMG], very nice masculine clean scent when dried down with excellent lather qualities. Very nice soap IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi Aqua High mountain 24 mm silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great mild scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3 with a modified Kai protouch guarded blade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, palmolive fox, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  11. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an exceptional shave today with the Pat. 1901 Gem with custom acrylic handle.
    The Rubber set 400 with Zenith Boar knot didn't disappoint either. And Cella is a great soap every time. Clubman Pinaud aftershave lotion finished things off very well.

IMG_20220814_204751_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

12. Electrif

Monday 15th August
    Stoll Junior 3D - Gem Stainless Coated #2 - Palmolive - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, brit, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  13. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

A fantastic shave set up..:love055:

GAW9576 likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220815.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #98
    Schick C3 Repeating Razor
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Ingram Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C3 Repeating Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, brit, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, August 15th 2022, spline bumped up a little for testing!

Razor : Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model 17 nib SB)- Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, built near end of world war2 and is made of solid brass, built to last, very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade :Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Fresco XXX[​IMG]- nice mild mentholated soap with the nice fresh masculine scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Deep stones 24mm boss synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock Fresco XXX[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my MMCP Peerless model with a Gem coated blade!
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, brit, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 15th August

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    ER 1912
    Gem S/S ( 1 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

A nice forgiving Shave, managing not to aggravate a couple of insect bites acquired whist officiating on Saturday. The finish was rather good in the main.

C6F960BB-8812-42B2-891A-5CD210B6635E.jpeg

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220816.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #98
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C3 Repeating Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, August 16 2022, spline bump testing.

Razor : Ever-Ready SE 1914- Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, built to last, very enjoyable shave + one of my favorite for the audio feed back of whiskers getting sliced.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) very sharp with excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, very nice unique scent with a touch of lemon + excellent lather qualities, Yaqi commissioned artisan Master soap creations S.A to create their soaps and aftershaves.
    Brush : Yaqi 24mm timber wolf, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Witch hazel face cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Ever-Ready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

19. Electrif

Wednesday 17th August
    Stoll Junior 3D - Gem Stainless Coated #3 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - ArtSecret Synth - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 3 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220817.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #98
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #98 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C3 Repeating Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 ASB. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...