Traveling Box 2022 Tour Round 1

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Enrico, May 6, 2022.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If the handle is unmarked, the handle is a Burma shave, but I restored it with a Maseto knot that I bought in a large group.

Hope you like it.

:)

3. jaro

I do like it a lot. Thank you. I didnt know if it was an ever-ready or c-mon or what it was other than I like it. Thanks for the info on it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  4. jaro

Oh and also while I am asking for info , can anyone tell me about the little travel razor that was an open comb head with 2 piece handle that was in the little metal silver colored mini case. I like it alot too. I actually have it here at the hotel with me currently. It was void of any identifying markings either on the razor or the case.

Ijustmissedthe50s and cliffb599 like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Pics?

:signs002:

6. jaro

IMG_20220819_084447.jpg
    IMG_20220819_084458.jpg

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's German, probably made by Apollo or Merker for someone else. There was a hundred different "manufacturers" of these. They are all pretty much the same, with stylistic differences in the handles. I like the ones with spiral knurling.

They shave a tad bit milder than the Gillette old types they resemble. Great shavers.

MR41, cliffb599 and Frijolero like this.
  8. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Box is on the way!

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Many companies made those travel razors in Germany and Austria, although that case isn't what I've usually seen. But judging by that pic, it looks like a Gillette head because part of the logo is visible on the bottom plate. Guessing a Gillette head with original 2 piece handle.

Frijolero and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  10. jaro

The head in the pic is a Gillette head BUT the original one IS Not. I need to fix a minor bend in the original one so I'm using a Gillette head while I'm at the hotel the original is the same color as the case and handle and has No distinctive markings at all on it.

11. jimjo1031

Gotcha. Some of those German travel razors say Germany on either the head or case, but a lot don't.

jaro likes this.
  12. jaro

Unfortunately this one says Nothing anywhere on it .. I'm kind of hoping that whoever put it in the box might have more.info on it eventually.....

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

The box was delivered to my house yesterday afternoon. I'm currently working my way through it,

14. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Great news!

15. jaro

So does whoever put the travel razor in that I mentioned have Any info on it ??

Enrico likes this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]

I may have dropped it in the box initially this round, but I think I bought it for the case ..... I thought it was a possibly a Russian razor set.

:signs002:

17. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

@jimjo1031,

One of your gives was this 22mm brush: travelingbox2.jpg

Which bears an amazing resemblance to another 24mm brush I acquired last year.

20220824_152520.jpg

Yours on the left in both cases.

20220824_152638-a.jpg

That brush was described simply as "a badger of unknown origin".
    Can you shed any light on the origin of your brush?

Thanks.

18. jaro

Thanks for the info

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  19. jimjo1031

possibly a Frank Shaving brush...........

20. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Got my Vote on the Frank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk