Frankenrazor Fridays (or any day you wish).............

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by jimjo1031, Dec 3, 2021.

1. brit

brit in a box

brit new milady fangtooth/tech handle

20220604_190037_edited.jpg

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem SE 1912/DIY Handle Razor
    Gem SE Stainless Blade
    Surrey Boar Brush
    Stubble Buster Game Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Old Spice Shulton w/M-Bomb After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Ron R, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thursday, July 7th 2022

Razor: Yaqi Beast#2, Mfg 2022 idea, parts are from different razor heads a lot of folks have, Top Cap from Razorock SLOC(Yaqi melon head top cap Alternative),Yaqi dual "flipside" base plate. Handle is from a Micromatic that was missing a blade stop & handle was salvaged. Basically a adjustable razor on the fly with just a 180 degree flip, open comb side is milder and the solid bar side is more aggressive. Some great shaves this combination produces for myself, very enjoyable shaving.
    Blade : Gillette silver Blue(5) sharp & Smoooth with reasonable longevity. Favorite blade!
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood, nice mid range scented Sandalwood with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Moka 26mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Beast#2 with a GSB blade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

4. jimjo1031

Slant Stroke Bakelite w/Colonial General Handle Razor
    Gillette Nacet Stainless Blade
    Wontshed #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    The American Gentlemen Lavender Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Lustray Draggon Noir Eau De Toilette

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, July 31st, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 type- Mfg 1930's -40's, nice mid range, 1 oz weight, easy to roam the face and can give very close shaves. This morning I thought I would try something different and used a modified a new Kai Protouch injector blade and tried it in the E2 and it was the smoothest shave and fastest shave ever with this razor. It was the most carefree shave with a E2 razor that you usually have to give it respect, turned it to a cartridge carefree shave feeling with out any tugging. It tamed the E2 from a tiger to house cat comparison and I enjoyed it(nice change). If a person is on medications for blood thinning this combination could be a answer to avoiding cuts if you like traditional wet shaving. I have used the modified Kai Protouch blade in the Schick adjustable M3 with better results and so it goes there next week.
    Blade : Kai Protouch AC 50mm modified to 40mm approx(1) excellent blade, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Another alternative Schick injector blade.
    Soap : Razorock American barber- nice barber shop scent with excellent lather qualities. Milder scent than the American barber splash but similar.
    Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a modified Kai protouch AC 50mm blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Hembree, Enrico, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, August 7th 2022, I like to try ideas on possibly improving the blades available for the Schick injectors, I'm still longer testing with the Kai protouch blade sniped at one end and stone any burrs results are good when using the Schick injector adjustable M3 to find that sweet spot for the Protouch. The AC 50mm blades are easy for me to shorten to the shorter 40mm approximately length blades that are in the Schick injectors. Excellent shave this morning with no issues with injector wide open.
    Razor : Schick adjustable razor model 3- Mfg 1970-72, one of the best Schick razors made IMO, I like using the regular blades on lower settings 2-3 works well for me, Kai Protouch works well with a little more aggressive settings IMO.
    Blade : Kai Protouch modified(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. The Kai Protouch helps prevent the blade from digging in, I really enjoy this blade in my shavette also.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, the scent is very nice with a slight lemon scent + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations to design their recent soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi "ever helpful" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
    Post shave : witch hazel cleanse+ Yaqi Musketeer AS (very nice scent but fleeting) + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a modified Kai Protouch blade.(Yesterdays shave was very close with the Yaqi Katana razor Astra SP combo and not much for the blade to take off this morning but it did the job very well!)

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, August 9th 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready 1912 with a modified Gem Micromatic handle, Mfg 1936- 53, nice mid range, well built and takes the modern Gem blade still. Joy to use and easy to shave the face with.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Speick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled soap in a stick very nice.
    Brush : Yaqi Bali 24mm silvertip badger, new brush, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of Neutrogena Hydro boost moisturizing lotion(scentless)testing).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Ever-Ready1912 with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD August 9 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  8. jimjo1031

Star Tech w/Gillette Gold Tech Handle Razor
    Gillette Platinum Blade
    Surrey Boar Brush
    WSP Formula T Sandalwood Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Nivea Deep After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Hembree, brit and Ron R like this.
  9. jimjo1031

Gillette WW II Gold Tech w/DIY Handle Razor
    Gillette Platinum Blade
    Rubberset 400-3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Speick Shave Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Speick After Shave

Untitled.jpg

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Friday August 26th 2022

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant, Mfg 2016> excellent upper mid range, handle is a modifed Micromatic made of brass with chrome coating. Well built of 316 and machining quality is very accurate for this complicated slant head. Good QC, this razor works well with a steep approach(riding the bar) & light touch with a short handle and results are very good + a joy to use when mastered.
    Blade : Gillette Polsilver SI (5) Sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender[​IMG], nice mid range scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Gillette Polsilver SI blade.
    SOTD August 26 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

11. brit

brit in a box

looks awesome Jim.:cool:

Hembree and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. jimjo1031

Thanks Gary.

Hembree and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

saturday
    new deluxe/karve
    platinum
    omega
    razo-rock

[​IMG]

14. jimjo1031

nice combo Gary. those Karve handles look good on vintage Gillette heads

15. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jim.with the extra weight it's a great shaver.:):eatdrink047:

Hembree and jimjo1031 like this.
  16. jimjo1031

I agree.......

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, Aug28th 2022, Shave #1 with a Twin blade in normal seated position in a Gem Micromatic Flying wing. I have used normal Schick injector blades in these great razors but why not try a Twin2 blade in to experiment with. This razor is the mildest of the 3 different variants of the Micromatics and there is 2 ways to use this blade in this Micromatic normal or reversed and I tried both with very good results. When blade is reversed it bumps up efficentcy and slight increase in aggression because blade & spacer increase gap. It did not feel like a injector razor because of weight and smooth handling ease!

Razor : Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA, bullet tip, Guiding eye, MMBT)Mfg 1947-50, nice mild to tame mid range, this was the final model of these 3 different main variants. Heaviest of all the 3 models and a joy to use for mild shaves!
    Blade : Schick Twin2 injector, excellent blade for longevity + Sharp & Smoooth. I have gotten over 30 shaves with 1st blade. They seem pricy now then when I bought them and they have very long life for a blade at least these ones.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice sweet clean scent with excellent lather protection + makes great ubber lather with remnants of previous soap.
    Brush : Yaqi black marble 24 silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMBT with a Schick Twin 2 injector blade. One of the most comfortable shaves + different and enjoyable IMO.
    [​IMG]

Schick twin
    [​IMG]

A better view of the Twin 2 blade normally sitting in my MMBT razor and the reversed blade in seated position and now becomes only a single edge.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

18. jimjo1031

Clix E-Z-Flo 500 w/Heavy Handle Razor
    Bic Chrome Platinum Blade
    FS Extra Dense Two Band Badger Brush
    Viking Revolution Peppermint Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Hembree, brit and Ron R like this.
  19. jimjo1031

DE89 w/DIY Handle Razor
    Gillette Platinum Blade
    Ever-Ready Master Handle w/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Vintage Avon Cream Shave Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Adidas Dynamic Pulse After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Hembree, Ron R and brit like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Tue, September 13 2022

Razor : DE TARMAX by @twhite , this is one smooth razor shave and it is one of my favorite adjustable razors of 6, settings go from 1-8 on dial and 8 seems to be my sweet spot, it must be the design for this exceptional smoothness + efficentcy of having the blade being flat and riding the bar give just stellar results. The handle is not stock but a modified Gem Micromatic handle that I enjoy and with this combination makes for excellent shaving results. 1 of 4 proto types of the DE TARMAX designed by Tom of the many different razors he has created over the years. Won this in a fund raising raffle on this forum, lucky me!
    Blade : Gillette Super platinum(4) Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent of lavender with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly soft hair tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. (8)WTG +(8) ATG + pickups(10)settings.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my DE TARMAX adjustable with a Gillette 7oClock SP(black).
    SOTD Septemper 13 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Hembree, jimjo1031 and brit like this.