What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Actually, close: Olde City Quilts in the historic section of Burlington, NJ.
    Benny F had a print shop along this street back in the day.

Sara-s and richgem like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Designed & made a quilt to be donated to a children’s hospital. (I consider my sewing machines to be power tools, so it counts.) Didn’t use any instructions.

Hembree, lottenhem, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Once you said "donated to a children’s hospital" ....... it counts!

:eatdrink013:

Hembree and Sara-s like this.
  4. swarden43

Designed and built something - check
    Donated it to kids - check
    Power tools - check
    Didn't use directions - double check

Yup, very manly! :)

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

All it needed was some duct tape! If only I had some that fit the color scheme.

288E0C05-46C5-43A9-A887-A0F2684FAC4C.jpeg

6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

1. Deposited my first pension check! It's real now!
    2. I started volunteering with CASA to fill some of my time
    3. Put new pedals on 2 of my 4 bicycles

DaltonGang, Frijolero, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Congrats @Troy M !! Enjoy your life as a retiree!:bounce017::bounce017:

What is CASA?

Troy M likes this.
  8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Thanks @Sara-s !
    CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates for children. We focus specifically in advocating for children in custody cases - not for parents or guardian or fosters or other adults, not DHS, but specifically the best interests of the child - the organization has been active since about 1996 and is in all states and most court districts.

swarden43, Sara-s and Enrico like this.
  9. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Congratulations on retirement!

Enrico and Troy M like this.
  10. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

FTFY.

richgem likes this.
  11. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Congrats @Troy M !! Enjoy your retirement! :poze:

Troy M likes this.
  12. swarden43

Congrats Troy!
    And good on ya for your work with CASA :happy088::happy088:

Troy M likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

About directions-I'll ask for directions so as to avoid driving around, not knowing where I'm going, and wasting gas in the process.

Sara-s likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Asking for road directions is very manly. Stubbornly refusing to ask for help when you need it is not. But in the case of the quilt I made, I designed it & therefore didn't need directions from someone else.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Asking for directions ruins *all* the fun of being lost! It'd be like buying a plastic model airplane kit and having someone else assemble it! Where's the fun in that?!?!?! The adventure of going the wrong way is the "adventure," after all!
    ;-)
    - "Wrongway" Bax

Feldman.jpg

gorgo2, Enrico and Frijolero like this.
  16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Congrats. I still have 3-4 yrs to go, before I pull the pin.

Troy M likes this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

But even that is no fun unless you have someone in the passenger seat "persistently indicating" their discomfort with the present heading and course.

Troy M and swarden43 like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My sister has banana trees in her yard and I removed the one that just put out about a dozen so the smaller ones can get big. Never been crazy about bananas (store bought only) and now I know why. This one was super creamy and tasted like a cross between a very flavorful banana and pineapple. It was a revelation. Would make a phenomenal pie.

Frijolero likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My lovely neighbor( I jest ), has a habit of putting her two Pit Bull mix dogs on her balcony, early in the.mornings, and throughout the day. I cannot go outside without these things barking incessantly at me. I cannot even enjoy the peace and quiet of my back yard. It drives the neighbor on the other side of her crazy too. We've asked her, many time, to bring them.in, when they do this. But, she rarely does it, anymore. Today, at 6am, they were at it again. I waited until my wife was up, daughter was up, then decided to do the annual generator test. I have 2 of them. At 0830hrs, I fired them up. It Was very very loud. Probably worse for the dogs, because thats the direction the exhausts were pointed. The dogs went nuts, she brought them inside, and they continued to bark in her house, for 2 1/2 hours. Funny thing is, my wife was perfectly fine with doing that. She usually doesnt condon my shenanigans, and usually talks me out of it.
    So, manly or not, I feel better.

lottenhem, Frijolero, gorgo2 and 3 others like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

;)

brit likes this.