Ogallala Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Good day. Anyone here using/have used the Ogallala line of soaps. I have this and the regular Bay Rum. For me, it is as good as any soap I have used. Easy to lather, loads easy, rich and creamy lather, slick. A nice scent. Dollar-for-dollar a good deal. Thanks

OGA.JPG

Shaver X and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Used it 6-8 years ago.
    If it's still the same, yup, good bang for the buck. Been thinking about revisiting it, but my wife isn't a bayrum fan.
    And I do enjoy a good :angelic013:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

I am a Bay Rum fan. It's my opinion that Ogallala makes a good---not great soap. The company make killer Bay Rum aftershaves. I just picked up a small spray bottle of the Double Strength Special Reserve. This stank will test your olfactory senses. I use it as a cologne. Not on my face.

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I enjoy Ogallala soaps and aftershaves. My favorite Ogallala soap and aftershave is the Bayrum & Sandal wood, it has a good strength of Bayrum with some clove and when it dries down and a 1hr later the Sandalwood sweetens everything up nicely.
    Also enjoy the Ogallala Bayrum Sage & cedarwood soap.
    Ogallala Bayrum.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

5. brit

brit in a box

i had the straight bay rum soap and aftershave a few years back.i liked it very much but my wife not so much,so i passed them along to a friend.seems i'm not chosen.;)

6. Chappy_Stan

Chappy_Stan Well-Known Member

I use the Bay Rum with Sweet Orange. Love how strong the soap and aftershave smells.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Those would be my two picks.

Ron R likes this.
  8. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Been around forever, long enough that what we use today is NOT his first offering of Shave Soap, the original was so damn slick you couldn't stretch your skin hehehe

Love his scents

Ron R, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  9. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

I have not bought that soap in a long time but for a while, it was a staple in my shave routine.

10. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the clovey bay rum scents but I did find a non bay rum one in Lincoln NE. Been waiting to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Just used the used the Ogallala Lime scent for the first time and loved it, will sit on my shelf along with my Cella and Arko. The sent is a bit strong at first but dissipates. will be trying other scents in the near future

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.