3 piece safety razor from Dollar Tree

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Frank Shaves, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Frank Shaves

Frank Shaves Well-Known Member

Hey all! I have not posted anything new in awhile since I have basically been using the same 2 razors, blades, shaving cream and aftershave for a year and a half with no complaints. However today I was at my local Dollar Tree and picked up a couple of these 3 piece razor and 5 blade combos they had on display in the shaving section. I tried one out today since I needed a shave. First off the blade alignment on the one I opened was not the best and the plastic handle was difficult to screw onto the head after installing the blade. I went ahead and shaved with it anyway just for kicks. I didn't bother to use the included blades since I know what they are like so I used a Shaver Boy blade that had been use twice already. It's very light in weight. After one pass it actually does a decent enough job but it's certainly not "mild". I only had a couple of small nicks on my neck under my chin but that was it. Not a bad deal for $1.25 if you're travelling close to a Dollar Tree and need a cheap shave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ursa, gorgo2, Jorvaljr and 5 others like this.
  2. Frank Shaves

So I decided to use the Dollar Tree shaver for the rest of the week and today was day #2. I opened the other package and that razor had a better blade alignment so I put away the 1st one I opened. I used a brand new Shaverboy blade and I'd say the results were similar to a Gillette 3-piece razor after one pass. So far it's crude but it does actually work.

3. Frank Shaves

So day #5 with the Dollar Tree Assurance razor and day #4 with the Shaverboy blade. This time I used the last of my Wilkinson shave puck. Generally I use Barbasol for the convenience but when I have time I enjoy a nice shave with the puck. I also did two passes this time. I must say I am somewhat impressed with the cheap razor. It's giving excellent results for me. I may keep it in the rotation with my Gillette and my Wilkinson razors. Also having not used the Wilkinson soap in longtime was also a pleasure to use with this razor. Now I am on a search for another inexpensive shaving soap or maybe I will go with what I can find locally like Proraso. :happy088:

Ursa, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

looks like a copy of this gillette..
    [​IMG]

5. Frank Shaves

Yes this is exactly what I thought when I saw it at Dollar Tree! However I would be inclined to believe that the Gillette razor it's a copy of is a better made product.

Ursa, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

it's possible,does the dollar tree version state where it was made?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. Frank Shaves

Yes, it's made in China. ;)

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

then it could be a copy of the made in India version..:)

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Another earlier variation.
    g8.jpg

Just goes to show that these 'new' cheap 3pc razors coming out of where ever are nothing more than copies of older designs.

10. Frank Shaves

Yes, while using cheaper materials. The head pieces seem to be made of some sort of cheap lightweight pot metal.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  11. Frank Shaves

I just ordered one of those from India off eBay so I can compare it to the Dollar Tree one. :happy088:

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Enrico like this.
  12. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I have one of the India-made ones. They're pretty aggressive. Much more than any Tech. It can give decent shaves though. I take it on trips once in a while.

Ursa, Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and 2 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

very cool.will follow along to see the results..:):eatdrink047:

Frank Shaves likes this.
  14. Frank Shaves

Cool I like an aggressive razor now and then. The original Gillette version can't be any more aggressive than the Dollar Tree version. The blade exposure on that one is insane! :eek:

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  15. Frank Shaves

When I do a comparison, I will post the results. :happy088:

brit likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I had a couple of the Dollar Tree razors and swapped to heavier handles. They shaved like later Gillette Techs, no difference.

17. wheatshocker

wheatshocker Guest

If it shaves as good as a high dollar razor, who cares. I'm all about budget AND quality shaves. It can be done.