SoS: September 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by James Kleinkauf, Aug 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Fatboy / Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge
    Cravingshaving Synthetic
    Fine Accoutrements / Santal Absolut [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]
    Tatara Masamune with open comb plate.
    Feather blade (2).
    Yaqi two band badger brush.
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.

3. brit

brit in a box

awesome rfb Joseph.:cool:english or french market?

Primotenore likes this.
  4. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Friday Shave

Lather: melt-and-pour home blend soap
    Brush: Doug Korn blue steel
    Razor: Henson AL13 mild
    Blade: Tatra Platinum

20220804_114141_2_copy_1024x592.jpg

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, SEptember 23 2022.

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping system that works, very enjoyable shaving + affordable to most. I receive excellent shaves with this razor.
    Blade : Feather Pro AC 50mm- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea, nice unique scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Feather pro AC blade.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Gary.
    Made in England for the French market.

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

saturday
    brit #44 rfb
    platinum
    soc boar
    geo.f.trumper's
    proraso red

20220923_115601_edited.jpg

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

And here we go for Saturday(24th):

prep-Stoylin Bath soap(Sandpiper)in shower
    shave-Old Gold soap*
    brush-Jayaruh #59
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Stoylin Spice

*from OSP artistan(I don't k
    now what OSP is). Inspired by Old Spice. Ordered from Pasteur's Pharmacy in New York

9. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Saturday 09.24.22
    RAZOR: Blackland Blackbird SS Polished 101mm handle
    BLADE: Personna
    BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus SHD Badger
    LATHER: Noble Otter Barrbarr Shave Soap

10. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Today's shave: Freestyle Friday

Warm shower - face brush-washed with Yardley Shea Buttermilk soap
    Gillette Pre-War Tech with Ball End handle
    Derby Extra Super Stainless blade - 2nd shave
    Mama Bear's Aromatic Pipe Tobacco soap
    RazoRock Snowman brush
    Aqua Velva Ice Sport after shave lotion
    Philco 40-120 radio* tuned to station WTMJ

Methodology:
    Face-lathered. Full face WTG; chin and neck XTG; full face ATG
    Shave quality: Absolutely BBS. This blade is such a close shaver, I could have gotten by with a one-pass shave today, and that hasn't happened for about 30 years.
    Nicks, cuts, weepers, irritation: None attributable to the blade. I nicked myself as a result of not having a good grip on the razor.
    Razor burn: Very slight, and expected, given how close today's shave was.
    Shave comfort: Excellent. Couldn't feel the blade.

With 2 shaves logged on this blade, I have to concede that it may become my favorite. Super sharp, yet buttery smooth...if it holds up well, it could become my go-to blade.

[​IMG]

*This 1940 radio has a built-in loop antenna. Philco claimed it was the first model on the market so equipped, thus making it the first truly portable radio--just plug it in turn it on.

11. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Saturday September 24, 2022
    Cold Water Shave
    Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: TOBS Tobacco
    Razor: Henson ++
    Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
    Razor: Gillette Styler

IMG_1075.jpg

Ursa, Primotenore, jimjo1031 and 10 others like this.
  12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD: 24th September 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: /Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Shower Gel.
    Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 10066.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Proraso Sensitive Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
    Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face &Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Benjamin's mentholated bay rum. /L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

It's been a while since i last used the efficient yaqi katana of which i will be using with all my shave sets this week...The Dorco Prime Platinum blade paired together wonderfully with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo...The Katana is one of the very few razors i found my shaving angle after the first 5-7 seconds feeling comfortable shaving with it throughout the shave.

What i like about the Katana is the audio feedback which tells me it's cutting through my stubble and i have found the right shaving angle, the efficiency of this razor is amazingly good.

The recently acquired Omega 10066 boar brush is breaking in wonderfully. My rekindled love for my humble boar brushes is growing with each use.

A phenomenally close comfortable head/dome shave from the Katana! WOW.... 'It's the best that I've had with the Yaqi Katana to date'. On equal par to my Supply V2 and Injector razors.

I now have second thoughts of putting in an order for the Leaf Twig razor as a Christmas gift to myself do i really need It? I think not as my Supply V2 & other injector razors Gillette Guard & Yaqi Katana are now my chosen razors for head/dome shaving.

A new batch of Schick Twin Injector blades a Semogue 2000 boar brush & a refill puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat is now on my Christmas list to the big fella with the white beard instead.

A very close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220924.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #395 Badger
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice AS

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Stando Rod2 OC Ti Razor
    Feather Pro Super
    Stirling Bay Rum Soap
    Semogue SOC Badger
    Aloe Vera
    Dana Canoe
    Stando Roc2 Ti AC.JPG

15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Obsessive Soap Perfectionist in London, England. They make terrific soaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Yehuda D

Damn, I have an Old Spice cream but I haven’t used it in ages. What am I waiting for?

Ursa and Jayaruh like this.
  17. Yehuda D

Saturday morning:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 11
    Gada Cool Mint SC
    Nip Man ASB
    Brut Deodorant Spray
    Brut AS Splash
    Brut Cologne

This Gada Cool Mint from Lebanon is probably the cheapest cream I ever had - a friend of mine here in Montreal has a convenience store which we call a dépanneur and he sells it to me for $1,50 CAD which is a helluva price even for a 65 gram tube. This cream smells so nice - minty/lemony, the ease of lathering is unbelievable because just a small dab on both cheeks is sufficient, it has a most pleasant menthol sensation, and the skincare is A1. The Nip Man balm from the UK also has a lovely minty scent as well as lots of moisturizing, soothing, and cooling. Finally the beautiful old school scent of the Brut aftershave and cologne left me ready for a nice, relaxing weekend with the family - this morning I’ll treat my daughter and my nephew to breakfast. Two passes left me mega BBS - another super duper easy peasy BBS shave!

Be well and safe, my peeps![​IMG]

18. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

You know, you can have 150 razors and 25 different brands of blades and somehow not manage to realize how good some combinations are for years after the fact. Case in point, the Merkur 34C and a Feather.

Normally I've never liked the feel of the Feather in most any razor I've used. Not the Feather Popular, not the Feather Adjustable, not the ASD2, Tech, Timeless, and on and on. The grind angle of the Feather makes it feel uncomfortable in more efficient, wide gap razors, or in a very mild razor it still doesn't do enough to get the closeness I'm looking for.

Then again, the 34C usually languishes unloved due to its relative mildness. Give me a Rockwell 6S with plate 5, a Merkur Progress loosened about a 1/4 turn or on several days beard, a Timeless .95 Ti SB.

Then this a.m., I looked at the 34C sitting there, loaded it up with a Feather, and dang if that didn't just work. Not as surgically close as a Timeless .95, but very smooth, very comfortable, auto pilot shaving was going on. Now, if I can get several days out of a (admittedly not bargain priced) Feather blade in that razor, this is something that will see alot more use breaking up the monotony of my weekday work shaves :)

[​IMG]

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Jeff....After the first try, I most certainly agree.

Yehuda D and brit like this.
  20. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Razor - 1907 Ever Ready "Lather Catcher"
    Blade - GEM Personna SS (2)
    Pre-shave - Proraso Red
    Soap - MWF "Original 1893 Formula"
    Brush - Classic Shaving synthetic
    Post shave - Thayers Toner "Lavender" & Geo F Trumper "Skin Food" Sandalwood
    AS - Pinaud Clubman

This razor is always a joy to shave with. It is even trying to knudge the Hawk from it's top spot of the single edges! They just didn't improve on this razor! (IMHO) I did a 2-pass shave WTG & ATG with no cleanup needed. Super smooth and feelin' clean! Alum bar raised no feedback.

This razor is NOT for beginners. I can really feel that blade! Angle must be steep and very light touch. It is even lighter than my GEM Featherweight! I find it to be a most efficient razor that does not require multiple passes. I could stop after one pass if I was in a hurry but, who wants to hurry with such a pleasant tool to use? I look forward to enjoying this one again tomorrow! ;)

It was also nice to warm up and use my scupper. Nice warm lather!

DSCN0208.JPG

DSCN0211.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.