What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I ordered a "High Pitch Dog Whistle", on Amazon today. If those pesky dogs bark at me, I can hit them with the high pitch noise. Two can play at that game.

Frijolero, richgem and Enrico like this.
  2. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I restored an old vintage "bit and brace" set so I could use it on my horse fence out where I have no power. I replaced a torn mud flap on my truck. Put an edge on a splitting wedge (winter is coming). Fixed a work light. I guess those are manly. My wife calls them "jobs around the house." I call it "goofing around in my pole barn."
    :)
    - Bax

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I made custom leather grips for my pistol. (This sounds a lot more manly, if I leave out the fact that it’s a rubber-band pistol.) But hey, it’s still tooled leather.

MoAllen, Frijolero and swarden43 like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're bound...to lose control like the rubber-band....MAAAANNN

Sara-s likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I was shooting well enough to move my target back a couple of feet. After having done so, I got my best shot group of the day.
    9C912F81-0A47-40BC-AB62-922016765F5A.jpeg

Frijolero, MoAllen, swarden43 and 3 others like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Woo hoo!

Sara-s likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's " a little better" than the 3 Stooges did. Seriously, when is your next tournament, and where?

Sara-s likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy036: Enough to even scare Robin Hood.

:)

Sara-s likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Right now, I don’t know. My fractured elbow is still healing, so I can only shoot my lightest bow. It’s too light for competition. Hopefully, I will be back in competing shape around December.

Paul Turner and Enrico like this.
  10. richgem

Frijolero, Enrico and Sara-s like this.
  11. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

Today we have taken care of all our Apple, in total 217 litres of Apple juice. 50 litres is going to be Cider.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

12. lottenhem

Well done Scott, my self I have 3 dogs and the youngest barks quite a lot (Chihuahua…) However all neighbours also have dogs, so no one actually bathers. Sometimes it’s like a little symphony in the neighbourhood. One start and the rest of the pack follows
    Why do you have generators?

13. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I started cutting my firewood for the heating season. I go into my woods and find things that the storms has brought down. Then I cut trees if needed. I have a boiler in my home powered by propane but, word on the wind is we are going to have a bad winter and with energy costing more almost every month, some are saying we may see the power go out all together!!! I can heat this place with my wood stove (I did for 20 years) and can cook on that stove. Nothing beats wood heat!

Lopi Liberty stove.
    fire.jpg

lottenhem, jtspartan and DaltonGang like this.
  14. DaltonGang

Rumor has it, with this booming economy, stock market, and low prices, those who heat their heat their homes with oil, or gas this winter, are going to be in for a very rude awakening. Stock up on that wood.

Hogie likes this.
  15. DaltonGang

Where I live, there are above ground power lines. I also live in a very wooded area, in the Houston Tx area. Lots of tropical storms, Hurricanes, and such. I have had it where we were out of power, for two weeks, in the summer. Also, with these stupid rolling black outs that the USA has had, during brutal cold spells, if you dont have a generator, you are screwed.

16. lottenhem

I see, we have also had that problem that we had power problem as soon as there were autumn storms. The longest period that we were out of power was 48 hours. After that we received $350 from the Power distributor. Here in Sweden there is regulations that stipulates that they have to provide power and penalties depending on how long the cut out is. Luckily they digged down the power lines last year so now we are safer. Biggest problem for us is that we don’t get water from our drilled well..

Enrico likes this.
  17. lottenhem

117 litres filled in BIB. Pasteurised and just cooling off before they will be stored in the stone cellar.
    [​IMG]

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Shot my recurve bow for the first time since I fractured my elbow. Came home with all my arrows.

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad to hear you're well done enough to do so!

MoAllen and Sara-s like this.
  20. richgem

Congratulations! But what about all your marbles?

Frijolero, John Beeman and Sara-s like this.