Dropped My Safety Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by FurryFan93, Sep 25, 2022.

1. FurryFan93

FurryFan93 Member

Hey everyone, So when i was shaving earlier today I dropped my razor in the sink (It's a hard plastic sink), and It bounced around and i noticed on two corners of the safety bar there is a piece that looks like the chrome plating is off a little exposing some brassy coloring to it.. Is it safe to keep using the razor since this happen or should I just consider a new one at this point?

(Shave Soap made my hands slippery and the razor slipped right out!)

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

a little brassing won't hurt anything,make sure there isn't any plating that is flaking off,it could be sharp.more importantly make sure nothing is bent that could affect how the blade sits..

Enrico, awk-m4 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:signs011:

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

What type/brand of razor?? Pics???

brit likes this.
  5. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I've purchased a couple of razors via ebay, and they came with bent safety bars. I checked 'em with the thin metal feeler gauges. I used a tiny screwdriver to bend them back where they belonged. Not sure where they "belonged," but I got the gap on both sides of the razor to match and also have an even gap across each bar. All of them ended up being dandy razors. So I'd say (1) check the gap with feeler gauges, and (2) bend 'em back if they're out of whack. Easy!
    Oh, and I don't care much about the finish; I've got some pretty nasty-looking razors that are terrific shavers!
    :)
    - Bax

6. jdwhitak

jdwhitak New Member

It's ruined. You should send it to me and buy a new one ASAP!!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    brit likes this.