30 Day Rule/Focus; Sept 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

Awesome signature set Joe.:cool:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Seaforth has a good reputation. If I was inclined, then I would go for the Seaforth Spice and the Seaforth Lime.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  3. Trigger

Thanks Gary.

4. brit

brit in a box

i am hoping to score the Black Watch set when it comes more widely available.:)

5. brit

brit in a box

up for tomorrow.. 20220928_112244_edited1.jpg

6. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Yes, wedge or near wedge.
    Thank you guys!

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  7. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Today's shave. Very nice. Nice and smooth. 2 days growth. I decided to do a 2 pass straight shave today for the first time in a looooong time. I'm regaining my confidence so thought I would try again. Glad I did.
    B69AC8FA-DBA1-460D-BBB6-5708672DF7D6_1_201_a.jpeg

ewk, GoodShave, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  8. Trigger

Excellent shave and setup Ken. It's great to see you getting more comfortable with straight shaving.

kjbarth, JACarbone and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

fine autumn shave and pic Ken.:cool:

kjbarth, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

early b-day present from wife..:)
    [​IMG]..on the way..:bounce015:

ewk, kjbarth, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  11. Trigger

That's a very thoughtful wife. You are blessed my friend.

12. brit

brit in a box

i am most grateful.:)it's described as a modern barbershop.i may get the matching splash in future but i have many that could pair with it.the soap is the best part.if i like the base i will aim for the black watch set..we'll see.;)

13. Trigger

Based on what I've seen on YouTube shave videos, I believe you will love its performance.

14. brit

brit in a box

from what i've seen,myself also.i was intrigued and suggested it to my other half.;).i may invest in the spiced lime in future for next summer season:)

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

kjbarth, Trigger and brit like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. Waiting to here from some friends. I know I have lost power. Hopefully not for to long or else I will have some mildew to deal with.

Trigger and brit like this.
  17. Trigger

September 28 SOTA

Good afternoon!

GEM MMOC
    Daylogic for Men SE Blade (4th use)
    MrEE Tuxedo Brush
    Stirling Tsuka SS and AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 28 hrs

20220928_170119.jpg

I just couldn't resist using my newly arrived Stirling Tsuka soap and aftershave. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't an exact copy of the Stirling TSD Blood on Steel LE 2019 because this soap has more of a masculine, woody scent instead of a fougere/cologne one. However, I still like this version so I don't have any buyer's remorse. This scent is laid back and not overpowering. Of course, it has the great typical Stirling performance. As you can see by the pic below: 20220928_170901.jpg

I had enough lather that I did a 3 pass shave and a 4th lather non-shave pass. I was surprised because I haven't used this bowl in a very long time because I have to work a little harder to lather soaps due to the smooth insides of this bowl. However, the lather that I got was a better quality than previous ones with my porcelain bowl with bumps. Go figure. Lol!
    Did get a nice BBS shave without any errors or irritation. In fact, I didn't even open my wounds from yesterday’s shave.
    Did get an adequate amount of alum feedback and I think it's because I did a third pass when it truly was unnecessary.
    Finished with the witchhazel and the Tsuka aftershave. The Tsuka aftershave is almost identical and wasn't overpowering. I am happy with this shave. Enjoy your evening.

ewk, kjbarth, GoodShave and 2 others like this.
  18. Trigger

I pray that it won't be a long blackout.

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

2309FE70-1F97-4ED0-B0A1-E14D9CF751E3.jpeg

SRS # 763

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Genco-Old Dutch 3/4”
    Brush: Epsilon Horse Hair
    Lather: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
    Aftershave: Stirling Pharaoh Dreamsicle
    Additional Care:
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Stirling Pharaohs Dreamsicle EdT

Perfect Stirling shave to keep my mind off of the events down by the Southern Den. The house lost power around 1:30 this afternoon. Hopefully it will be restored in the near rather than later future.

The Pharaohs Dreamsicle is a great citrus forward scent. This soap was the first of many Stirling soaps to grace my den. Perfect refreshing shave to uplift the troubles of the day down south. Excellent close three pass shave. I am tempted to do a repeat performance tomorrow.

Hope you are having a great day gentlemen. So thoughts and prayers to those in harms way of Ian today. Talk about a Beastmode of a Storm. Almost the same intensity as Joe, @Trigger, when he puts on his Silver Sneakers. :D

ewk, kjbarth, GoodShave and 2 others like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent lather and shave Joe.

brit and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.