30 Day Rule/Focus; Sept 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific Thursday shave Gary!

brit likes this.
  2. Trigger

Marvelous shave Hogie!

brit and Hogie like this.
  3. Trigger

Terrific Tabac shave Danny!

brit and Hembree like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thank Joe

brit and Trigger like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

84334632-2AE5-40F9-9653-7C4ACEE9A1B0.jpeg

SRS # 764

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Double Duck Twin Duck Special #1
    Brush: Shore Shave Creamsicle Swirl 24 mm White Synthetic
    Lather: PAA Atomic Pumpkin Bay Rum
    Aftershave: PAA Atomic Pumpkin Bay Rum
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

brit, ewk, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Nice shave, pic and setup Joe.

brit likes this.
  7. Trigger

Looking forward to tomorrow's shave because it ends another month and I will be hitting a significant milestone.

brit, Hogie and GoodShave like this.
  8. Trigger

Well, I finally finished with October's introduction for this thread. It's a great feeling to know that I didn't have to put the final touches to the text at the very last minute. Lol!

brit, Hogie and GoodShave like this.
  9. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Last shave of the Single Edge month! Cool morning! I am off to play some guitar with an old friend. He is a very good guitarist and I learn from him.

Razor - GEM Micromatic MMOC
    Blade - GEM Personna SS (7)
    Pre-shave - ProrasoWhite
    Soap - MWF
    Brush - Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Post-shave - Thayers Tone with witch hazel "Rose Petal" & Geo F Trumper Skinfood
    AS - Pinaud Clubman "Vanilla"

Washed face and warmed the scupper mug and brush with HOT water. Nice warm lather on a cool morning. It was 35 here. Theo is back to atching me but, e raced out of the bathroom....he gets the zoomies when he is in a good mood.

Pleasant 2-pass shave WTG & ATG with cleanup along the jawline. The blade is getting dull so, it is binned now. I really thought I would get feedback from the alum due to the extra passes but, none at all! Very nice shave to end the month! Clean and smooth!

Washed face with the brush squeezings. I hope to ride the bike this afternoon to go the my fav restaurant for lunch.

DSCN0291.JPG

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    brit, ewk, Primotenore and 3 others like this.
  10. Trigger

That's the way to end this month Hogie. Are you sure the Italian restaurant is open for business?

brit and Hogie like this.
  11. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

09/30/2022

Growth: Two day beard.

Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap

Pre: Washed face with Stirling Glacial unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering.

Brush: RV 25 mm STF

Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap

Blade: GEM Personna SS (D5)

Razor: Blackland Sabre
    Base Plate: L2
    Handle: Blackland Sabre

Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum

Last night, I was watching a lathering video and decided to give bowl lathering another chance with one of the soaps that is more challenging to get a thick lather (DG Taxes). I was impressed to get a thick lather with nice sheen and cushion. I almost shaved last night since it was so nice!

So this morning I decided to go with a bowl lather (instead of my usual face lather) for the last shave of September. I don't normally bowl lather as it does a number on my wrist.

The RR XXX soap lathered nicely but I am not sure it was a better lather than I normally get with this soap when I face lather. It had a nice consistency but was not at thick as with DG Taxes last night.

I did two passes for most of my face. For my chin, I did a N-S pass then an E-W pass. That was adequate but I could have gone S-N if I wanted to really have it extra smooth in all directions.

For the mustache area, I did N-S, E-W, W-E and S-N (a fool's pass). That was excellent and smooth in that area. I had a little razor burn in the mustache area. Maybe I should skip the W-E pass.

For years, I have avoided the fool's pass. I figured it got that name for a reason, but when I traded emails with Shane at Blackland Razors, he suggested it to get the hair right under the nose since the head of the Sabre is so large.

The blade is well guarded even in the L2 plate, so I didn't have much to worry about in doing the fool's pass. I do think I needed a better angle when doing it so not get as much irritation. My initial angle was a little off and I think that gave me irritation. I did start a little too much to the right of my mustache area on the fools pass and nicked a cheek. That was the only nick of the shave.

BBS-

Overall, I am really impressed with how efficient of a shave I get with such a mild razor.

David

Hogie, brit, ewk and 1 other person like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Very nice shave today as the Central Texas Soap is whittling down. Only about 10-15 seconds of loading was enough to set up the Stoylin brush. Solid paint job across the face and neck.2 passes. No Cuts, Knicks, and Polka-dots. Actually, I should have done better down the center of Cactus Nation(neck). I certainly don' t want to add another area of ingrown hairs down there. I did a better job with the aftershave today. No Niagra Falls. This Weekend Rodeo comes on leaving the face and neck on the dry side.Ahh, it'll calm down soon. Super Duper Excellent.

Hogie, brit and Trigger like this.
  13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20220930_063522.jpg
    Above the Tie SE1 aluminum.
    Feather Professional Super blade.
    Shore Shave Cool Water Ribbon synthetic brush.
    Above the Tie shave soap by Razorock.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Irish Chestnut by Andy Hilfiger cologne.

It is hard to believe that single edge September is coming to an end. Where has this month gone?

It has been a fun month. A gorgeous brush was added to my den by a generous fellow member of the 30DC crew. Thanks Joe @JACarbone....I'm still in love with it.

Awesome shave this morning. The ATT took care of business and the Shore Shave showed no mercy to the soap......good stuff this morning.

Happy Friday everyone!

Hogie, brit, GoodShave and 3 others like this.
  14. Trigger

Nicely done David! I find that bowl lathering gives a more creamier lather than face lathering. I believe you are whipping in more air to the lather that gives it that soft serve ice cream texture.

brit and GoodShave like this.
  15. Trigger

Wonderful shave Danny. The ATT scent seems to be a nice one. Have a great day!:)

brit likes this.
  16. Trigger

Sept 30. SOTD

Good morning!

Shavette Shave #400
    Dovo Shavette
    Personna Hairshaper Blade (10th use)
    MrEE LE #10 Cashmere Brush
    Stirling Executive Man SS
    Old Spice AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 40.5 hrs

20220928_220123.jpg

Today is the last day of September so what better way to end it than to do my 400th shavette shave with my favorite and first shavette. My Dovo shavette started my journey into open blade shaving. In fact, it will be 4 yrs this October that I got into shavette shblades.

Decided to continue to bowl lather and had enough lather to complete my shave. I have always said that Stirling soaps are a great and they perform well above their price point. The Executive Man scent is clean, but on the mild side. I prefer intermediate to strong frags

20220930_103040.jpg

Anyway, this was a 2.5 pass shave without errors. The blade is not as sharp because it has 10 shaves, but I usually get 15 shaves with these blades.
    Did get some alum feedback, but it wasn't like I was on fire.
    Finished the postshave with the Stirling witchhazel and a heavy splash of the Old Spice. Let us end this month with awesome shaves! Have a great day!

Hogie, brit, GoodShave and 1 other person like this.
  17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

yes, it is open now. It re-opened last week. It may be too cool to ride today plus, I have things I need to get done. Taking the morning and doing music at friend's place ate up a chunk of my day!

brit, GoodShave and Trigger like this.
  18. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Stirling SEptember 30/30 -- Hurricane Ian Edition

It has been a treat to focus on single edge razors this month (and to finally use each of the Stirling soaps I have at least once).

I got to know the Feather AC better, building the confidence to go two passes. I am not fully converted to the open blade format. It does do wonders for trimming around the moustache and chin area. I like the accuracy it gives for detail. I know it is my skill level, but I am not sure I will continue on using it for the cheeks and neck. The safety razors provide for me far more efficiency and comfort.

My final shaves this week featured Stirling Triumph, the BlackBird Vector, and the Feather AC. And I'll also provide a picture of the current state of affairs outside my front door in the South Carolina Lowcountry. I am 25 miles inland and not near any of the inland waterways where storm surge would be an issue. Lights have flickered a few times this morning, but power still on.

IMG_20220930_114030392.jpg

IMG_20220930_1.jpg

Trigger, brit, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  19. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe!

Good observation. Thanks for sharing!

David

Trigger, brit and Hogie like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

fabulous deluxe shave and pic Danny.:cool:

Trigger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.