Blue's Shave soap?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Frank Shaves, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Frank Shaves

Frank Shaves Well-Known Member

I see this inexpensive shave soap on eBay. I am curious has anybody tried it?

Blue's shave puck.jpg

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Guess not. ;)

Frank Shaves likes this.
  3. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Not I. Hopefully someone has and give you feedback.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Haven't tried that one, but I have used soap with goat milk, very rich lather.

5. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I have! I posted about it quite a while back but got no feedback either. Fantastic lather that punchez waaaay above its price point. At the time of my posting it was a steal. Great post shave feel from the goats milk. Virtually no scent, just clean and soapy. There were members here at tsd a few yrs ago singing it's prases both quality and cost wise. I find it easy to lather with both boar and synthetic brushes. I easily get 3 pass lather and it rinses clean in my very hard water. Easy to lather in hard water too. I posted about it here some time back.. So yeah...guess yes.

6. Frank Shaves

Frank Shaves Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! I was wondering about the goat's milk, and you answered my question. I do have a new tub of Proraso (which I love) but for the price of the Blue's I may just order one to try.

Zykris and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I've heard of it before, and it's been around for a few years now. That sums up my knowledge of this soap. :)

Frank Shaves likes this.
  8. Ijustmissedthe50s

This soap has lasted me a long time. I use it regularly as part of my routine, and while not a strong scent, continues to smell fresh and delivers a great shave. Post feel is great...rinses clean after a fine shave and is very moisturizing. Has held up extremely well for a soap not used up very quickly.

Zykris and Frank Shaves like this.
  9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Can't seem to find a vendor for this one. Any hints/clues?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  10. Ijustmissedthe50s

Go to the bay. Search blues goat shave soap. Forgot to mention it's from China. Lowest price I see right now is 7.76 plus 1.59 shipping but I might have missed something. Was cheaper when I got my puck quite a while ago.

11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

China? Mmmmm, not a fan of them but a fan of good soaps. Conundrum.

12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I'm such a wussy. Gave in and order some. Hope it's as good as reported. Since my bout with covid, my smeller is so messed up. Very mild or unscented seem to be the way to go for me right now. We'll see.

Herm2502 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Goat milk is supposed to help with "aging" skin.

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. Ijustmissedthe50s

In that case maybe I'd better start drinking it lol!

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

It's a wonderful soap don't be put off because it's made it China it's perfectly safe to shave with, you won't look like a lightsabre in the dark, i guarantee. It has a babies Milk, White Chocolate, mint scent to my nose and most importantly produces an excellent lather and a good post shave. However, since I bought my few tins, which was a while ago, its price has trebled. A great shaving soap though.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

LOL indeed! Makes me wonder jf it's sold in natural food stores. Ahhhh, I'll begin by using the wet-shave aspect of the thing.