SoS: October 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by awk-m4, Oct 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That must have taken you a long time to get all that Vaanilla Sandalwood out of the Stoylin puck and into the mug.

stuartganis likes this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Razor - Shave Nation SN-250 with Razorock handle
    Blade - Rapira fresh blade (last one I have) single use and binned
    Soap - Captain's Choice "Land Ho" (very thristy soap!)
    Pre-shave - Proraso Red
    Brush - Simpson "Commodore"
    Post-shave - Thayers toner "Rose Petal" & Captain's Choice "Land Ho" balm
    AS - Pinaud "Whiskey Woods"

It was a pleasant 1-pass shave with some cleanup. I showered before bed so, I warmed face with HOT washcloth with I warmed the scupper & brush with HOT water. I had to add water to the soap 3 times! Then it was a bit soupy. Not one of my favorite soaps for whisking but, I do like the scent. I even had left the brush full of water! The scent is one of my stronger soaps and very pleasant. It is a cream so, it surprises me that it needs so much water! I did a single pass WTG and that was good enough to stop right there! I went ahead and did a little cleanup along my jawline and neck. I guess the blade/razor combo was very efficient! Shame that was the last of those blades. Pleasant and close shave. No cuts, nicks, or weepers and alum bar was pretty much silent.

I plan on working on wood today.
    DSCN0367.JPG

3. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

4. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

I bought a refill Puck from Stirling, fit right in with a little help into my Fine Accoutrements bowl.
    Since Fine stopped selling their soap pucks.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

5. stuartganis

Gillette Black Tip / Polsilver Super Iridium
    Yaqi Synthetic
    TSE Cherry bomb [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, you just dumped it into the Stoylin refill, or did you carve it out and place it in the refill. I ask because I just finished the bath soap of same name and just used it to wash my hands at the sink.....made a mess of its surroundings during each use and it took a while to clean around the area before it was finished. The one I use now isn't as messy.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    Hogie likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

tuesday
    brit new rfb 2 piece
    polsilver
    rr 400
    sc bignoli
    acqua di gio

20221003_100757_edited1.jpg

8. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Today's shower...

Warm shower using Kirkland Signature Bar Soap with Shea Butter
    Hair washed with Mane 'n Tail shampoo
    Beard brush-washed with Yardley Shea Buttermilk soap

Friday was my last shave. I have a new Significant Other, and they have expressed a wish for me to be bearded. Ah, the things we do for love ;)

The Kirkland Signature soap was furnished by my SO and I have to say it's really nice soap for what it is. As wit the Yardley, it can be whipped up into a nice lather that quickly goes flat on the face, making it not quite usable for a shave.

Will still do weekly manscaping shaves with my shaving gear.

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, MMMonday, OCtober 3rd 2022

Razor : British Ever-Ready 1912- Mfg 1936-53, Excellent mid range, well built to last and still cranks out excellent shaves. A joy to use.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable & safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent + excellent lather qualities, triple milled and lasts a long time.
    Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, very soft split end bristle hair, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor [​IMG] + witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my ER 1912 with a coated Gem blade.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

10. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD: 4th October 2022.

tues.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 48.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: OSP Neroli Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Schick S/S Twin-Japan. (D9)
    Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care Witch Hazel. / 4711 Original EDC-ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together superbly.

The Schick I1 Injector is such a great user-friendly shaving tool which is a pleasure to shave with...The Schick Japanese Twin blade on its 9th outing has exceeded beyond my expectations with their longevity, still feeling smooth and efficient.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

11. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Tuesday 10.04.22
    RAZOR: Tatara Razors Masamune OC
    BLADE: Perma-Sharp Super
    BRUSH: AKA Brushworx 26mm G5C Milky Way Handle
    LATHER: JabonMan Eufros Tobacco Shaving Soa

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221004.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Gillette Single Ring
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Single Ring and the Astra SP Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

ERA OC L5
    Personna Super Blade
    MDV Original Soap
    Maggard 2 Band
    Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Shaving Pineapple Bay Rum
    ERA.JPG

15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday morning:

Hot shower
    Two hot towels
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 7
    Stirling Sharp Dressed Man SS
    Proraso Blue ASB
    Max Disinfecting AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

After not using the Sharp Dressed Man for a long time it felt wonderful to get it on my face and enjoy that gorgeous Green Irish Tweed type scent and awesome rich, super slick lather as well as that soothing, comfortable postshave care. The Proraso Blue balm has a nice scent which I find hard to describe and it’s very moisturizing and soothing. Finally the Max Disinfecting aftershave from Bulgaria went on with a big sting but then it felt great - its scent is nice but it doesn’t interfere with the magnificent scent of the Bleu de Chanel. Three passes gave me a dynamite BBS shave that was so pleasurable!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Tuesday October 4, 2022
    Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
    Razor: Henson ++
    Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler

IMG_1198.jpg

17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]

Frankenrazor

Rockwell 6S top cap.
    Karve aluminum solid bar D plate.
    Yaqi Globetrotter handle.
    Astra SP blade (2).
    Yaqi synthetic brush.
    Lakewood Soap Company Honeymash shave soap sample.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Royal Copenhagen cologne.

First time using this FrankenRazor combo and I have to admit this is a fine shaver. I completed three very nice efficient passes. The alum was quiet.

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Monday, October 3
    [​IMG]
    Tabac~~Semogue~~Gillette SR/Spoiler~~Aramis Tobacco Reserve
    Have a great day!

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 4th,2022

Razor : Yaqi Katana SE- Mfg 2019>, excellent mid range, steep angle (riding the bar) with a short handle(Yaqi re-tracking head) gives stellar shaves, small head parts make it interesting to assemble. I bump the blade with a paper tuck box when assembling for alignment. Very affordable head MO.
    Blade : Gillette Astra (1) sharp and smooth with great longevity. This blade works well in the Yaqi Katana razor head.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice sweet clean smell with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather also.
    Brush : Yaqi Moka express 24mm Mew knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor AS[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Katana razor with a 1/2 Gillette Astra SP blade. Very nice shave & results
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  20. stuartganis

Gillette Gold Tech / Nacet blade
    RajonCajonBrushes / Maggards Synthetic
    Stirling Sandalwood 20221001_085505.jpg 20220630_115536.jpg [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.