Post random photos here

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Oct 2, 2022.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Whatever catches your fancy. Rainbow Drizzle-01-02.jpeg

Frijolero, Silvestris, MR41 and 7 others like this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

My beautiful Martin custom shop 000-18. It needs to go in for warranty repair work...the binding is separating from the body. Top & back. I talked to the repair shop and it is a 2 hour drive from here. Sciota, Pa. But, it is under warranty so, no charge. I may have him ship it back to me to save the drive back. He said 2-3 weeks for repairs like what I need. This is my most expensive guitar and it is the only one with a problem! The guy said the binding has most likely shrunk! It is acetate material.Prone to shrinkage. I shoulda had them put maple binding on it! Hindsight is 20/20.

Beautiful guitar. Quilted mahogany. Amazing sounding too! DSCN3487a.JPG DSCN3491.JPG

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  4. brit

brit in a box

Resized_20191010_144420.jpeg
    Resized_20191010_144347_edited.jpg

shaving shop in France..buddies pics​

5. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

What a beautiful instrument!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Hogie and Hembree like this.
  6. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Ijustmissedthe50s and Hembree like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The first time I Robin-Hooded an arrow.
    D5464C02-A6EB-44DB-B093-792996C5B776.jpeg

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

9. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

A little research identifies this as a yellow silk orb-weaver, or banana tree spider. Genus is Nephila, which is Greek for "love of spinning." However, when I discovered it Saturday morning, all I could call it was "*$&%^#(!@!!!! Get that thing off my car!!!)

IMG_20221001_121830624.jpg

10. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

This photo has to be from about 1995 when I came back to NY for a visit and purchased the 20 acres of land I am on right now for $14,200. Me on the left (notice the full beard....I HATED shaving!) my sister next to me died back in Nov2017 form PKD complications during dialysis. Her husband next to her and last is my youngest brother. Little brother is on dialysis now 3 times a week. The 3 of us have PKD plus one more not in the photo. It is a hereditary kidney disease. I am still managing mine pretty well. I go for blood work next Monday. I made big changes in lifestyle and eating habits while my sis and brother did not. Healthy eating does help!

My sister got meningitis from the clinic doing the dialysis. I say NOPE! I ain't doin' it! So far, so good!

As you can see, I am the runt of the litter! And I am the oldest boy! Sis was a year older than me. LOL
    Image (7).jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  11. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have seen them here during the summer. Nasty looking critter! I would freak out if I saw it on me!

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

What kind of diet? Low oxalate?

Hogie likes this.
  15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  16. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I cut out salt and eat no more processed foods. I also stopped drinking altho, I never did drink much. I have been quit smoking cigarettes for 12 years now too. All of these have helped lower my blood pressure which goes up with this disease. High BP will make the disease progress faster.

17. jimjo1031

I quit smoking, except a cigar every so often, about 2 1/2 years ago. The first test for my A1C was 9.6. After taking some new meds, it dropped to 6.9. And now it goes between 6.0 and 7.0. Depends on how much sweets I eat, can't stop that. I also have raw sugar in my coffee. I tell my Doc that and she said as long as it's low, it shouldn't be a problem. I eat some processed foods for something when I'm hungry and don't want to cook, usually tortilla wrapi instead of a sandwich. I also lost weight from last year, over 250lbs to 215lbs in 3 months. It varies during the year, but not by much. I actually weigh less than when I graduated high school in 1975, of course I had more muscle mass compared to now. Blood pressure has dramatically dropped. I wasn't taking anything for many years. First time I did it here, it wouldn't register on the monitor, it was very high. And now it's great. But I still keep a bottle of Ouzo in the fridge and gat a pack Of Guinness every so often.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Hogie like this.
  18. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

19. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I quit cigarettes but, I have recently started puffing on cigars. I like the smaller ones called "Cigarillos". I buy them only from "Cigars International." I even bought a humidor for them. I only smoke a couple a day and not in the house. This place has some really nice cigars! I like the mild ones so, that is what I get. They have fresher cigars than the local smoke shop does and the ones I like can't be found locally. I am happy with the ones I have tried so far. Some are pricey but, many good ones don't cost a lot.

I never dreamed that I would be a cigar puffer! If you get good ones, they are not bad at all. I like the flavored ones. I do not inhale them.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/

These are my favs so far.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/cuban-honeys-stingers-cigarillos/1410150/#p-2040794

Ijustmissedthe50s, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  20. jimjo1031

Same place I buy my cigars, nice prices and selection. I usually buy 150 or more at once to refill my humidors when running low. The new ones I let age for a while, and smoke the ones that have been there for about a year. The taste gets better that way.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Hogie like this.