Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Let me say this about no more Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo-shux.

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 6
    Stirling Glacial Citron SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash
    YSL Pour Homme EdT

Damn, my face is so frozen that it’s going to need all day to thaw out after all this menthol. The pre shave soap is pretty chilly but this Glacial Citron soap…….friggin WOWWWWWWW, it feels like liquid nitrogen on your face. The scent is so beautiful - lemon, lime, grapefruit, and a bit of tangerine all come together to make this smell so refreshing, the lather works up so easily not to mention how rich, creamy, and slick it is, the menthol sensation really jumps on you right from the get-go, and the skincare is perfect. The Prep and the Glacial Citron aftershave completed the job superbly. The YSL Pour Homme edt was a gift from my lovely sister-in-law when she was in Paris last year - it’s a gorgeous fragrance which I get a lot of compliments on when I wear it. Three passes gave me a helluva cracking good BBS shave!

Happy Labour Day to everyone in Canada and the US!

Be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Micromatic Menthol Monday! MMOC with a fresh blade! Pleasant 2-passer with cleanup. I had to work a bit to get close on my neck/jawline and so, got a little bit of tingle from the alum bar but not bad at all. I have to work harder to get that area and thusly, give myself a bit of irritation. Nothing like what I used to get when I first started. Very pleasant shave!

Razor - MMOC open comb Micromatic with TEETH!
    Blade - fresh GEM Personna SS
    Pre-shave - Proraso Green menthol
    Soap - Chiseled Face "Cryogen"
    Brush - Simpson "Commodore"
    Post shave - Thayers toner "Rose Petal" & Geo F Trumper "Skin Food" (sandalwood)
    AS - Pinaud Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum"

Washed face and warmed bowl & brush. I may have added a bit too much water as I got the soap a bit soupy but, it worked fine. 2-pass shave with cleanup got me super close! I can feel the blade with this razor but it is pleasant. No cuts, nicks, or errors to report. My right jawline gives me trouble prolly due to the angle I hold the razor. It is kinda awkward so, I can't get as close in 2 passes there. Left is fine. Just my right jawline. I did get it close today! Alum bar gave me minor feedback on neck. I mark this one down as an excellent shave!

DSCN9733.JPG

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Clix E-Z-Flo 500 w/Heavy Handle Razor
    Bic Chrome Platinum Blade
    FS Extra Dense Two Band Badger Brush
    Viking Revolution Peppermint Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

5. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A true blue Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 13
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash
    Calvin Klein Obsession for Men Deodorant Stick
    Calvin Klein Obsession for Men EdT

Truthfully and honestly Fernando is not only a wonderful friend of mine and one of the nicest guys you can ever deal with, his soaps and aftershaves are absolutely MAGNIFICENT. His Frosted Lavender is the most BEAUTIFUL lavender scent I ever had - the soap’s tallow formula gives the lather such thickness, richness, and slickness, the menthol sensation is off the charts just like a Stirling Glacial soap, and the skincare is perfect. The Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel is lightly scented and very soothing as well as comfortable, the Prep balm is another treasure from South Africa, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is also witch hazel based, it’s so frigid, there’s no burning sensation, and the scent is exactly the same as the soap’s, and it seems to somehow pair well with the Obsession for Men. Three passes cleaned me up fantastically and gave me a brilliant BBS shave but this Wilkinson Sword blade is getting tired.

Have a good week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

6. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Micromatic Menthol Monday!

Razor - GEM Micromatic MMOC in gold
    Blade - GEM Personna SS 5th shave
    Pre-shave - Proraso Green menthol
    Soap - Chiseled Face Cryogen
    Brush - Classic Shaving synthetic (really nice and soft on the face)
    Post - Thayers Toner & Geo F Trumper "Skin Food" Sandalwood"
    AS - Proraso

DSCN9920.JPG

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Eskimo Tuxedo is very cool. Osage Rub makes a great finisher.

sos220912.JPG

8. Yehuda D

It’s a treasure of a soap - damn, I wish it was still around because my tub is reaching the end…..

9. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Another true blue Grand Freeze!

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 6
    MSC Peppermint Latte SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Peppermint Latte AS Splash
    Lagerfeld Classic EdT

It just doesn’t get any better than this - the gorgeous peppermint/espresso scent of the Peppermint Latte soap and aftershave - the soap’s tallow formula gives such magnificent lather with a helluva strong menthol sensation as well as soothing, gentle skincare. The Prep balm felt so good when I massaged it on, and the Peppermint Latte aftershave’s witch hazel formula gives absolutely no burning or stinging, the menthol kick can flatten an elephant, and it’s so soothing. The scent profile of the soap and aftershave pairs very well with the Lagerfeld Classic eau de toilette. What a cracking good BBS shave this was!

Wishing y’all a great week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

10. Paul Turner

No Menthol Monday for me tody-it was more like Tabac Tuesday(without the Tabac). Most of my Menthol Mondays happen in the late spring-summer period.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Yehuda D like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221003.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tea Tree Body Bar
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Gillette Double Ring
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Tea Tree Body Bar and Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Double Ring and the Astra SP Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A true blue Grand Freeze for Thanksgiving Day!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 13
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash
    Polo Green EdT

OMG, the best way to describe this Frosted Lavender soap and aftershave is a whiff of soothing relaxation while sitting in a freezer - this is definitely the most gorgeous lavender scent I’ve ever experienced. The soap’s tallow formula is splendid - it promotes such thick, rich, slick, creamy lather, the menthol sensation is easily a match for any of the Stirling Glacial soaps, and it’s so gentle on my skin. The Prep became my favourite balm - it’s hard not to love it because it’s so moisturizing, soothing as well as cooling, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is witch hazel based so there’s never any burning or stinging from it and it’s so damned FRIGID. The wife loves the Polo Green on me so I’m happy that she’s happy. All in all a most enjoyable three pass BBS shave!

Have a good week - I wish my American friends a happy Columbus Day and my Canadian friends a happy Thanksgiving. Be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

13. Yehuda D

Big time icicles from the Cryogen!

Paul Turner and Hogie like this.
  14. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I thought about using it today but, nope. I need to work outside and don't want my face frosted off! LOL
    I will use the Micromatic tho. I have the MMBT out and ready. Whenever I get around to it.
    I am working on splitting firewood so, I will need a shower when I quit and will shave then. Could be a late one.

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  16. Paul Turner

Never too early for firewood.

Hogie likes this.
  17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I split enuff for another row 6 feet high and 12 feet long and a start on a 4th row. I still have more to split but, the pile of split got so high that I had to stack it in an organized fashion.
    I am wiped out for the day! Tomorrow is music at the senior center with my friends. I feel good about my progress. The Lord provided me well. And there is still more in the woods!
    It looks like I will have 5 or more rows! And here I was worried about it! For sure, I can't do it like I could just a few years ago! I got soft not doing due to my putting in the boiler.
    Something tells me that I will need it this winter.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

Ever-Ready Gold 1912 Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Lord Chesterfield Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Viking Revolution Peppermint Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Jayaruh, brit and Hogie like this.
  19. Paul Turner

You'll relax and please the seniors tomorrow.

Hogie likes this.
  20. jimjo1031

Kampfe Bros Star Lather Catcher Razor
    Gem (de-spined) w/Adapter Blade
    Rubberset #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Speick w/M-Bomb Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Speick w/M-Bomb After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Yehuda D, Jayaruh and brit like this.