What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks!

Sara-s likes this.
  2. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I went fishing. Caught four largemouth bass. I fillet them, as well as my left index finger. Owie!

If my bride had cleaned the fish, she wouldn't have cut herself. But I did it, and it was a bloody mess. Injury, blood, and pain made it manly!
    :)
    - Bax

Hogie, DaltonGang and gorgo2 like this.
  3. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Took out the metal posts and put in some Cedar posts that I took down off our ranch

Had to dig the holes by hand because of all the rocks from the road hehehe

I swear not 3 hours after I changed them, somebody drove right by and came into our driveway, they just don't care..
    I always love the look on their face when I walk out and say "What part of Private/No Trespassing confused you"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting a Private Road sign tomorrow

BamaT, Hogie, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Only if you tunnel out and puke.

(I did)

5. richgem

Thankfully, it did not get to that point. I reserved the puking for the hot appendix I had almost 30 years ago.

BamaT, Sara-s and gorgo2 like this.
  6. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

gssixgun said: "Getting a Private Road sign tomorrow."

Not sure that's going to help... if they're already blasting by your admittedly hostile-looking entrance, another sign won't likely do much. A steel cattle gate would certainly end the problem, though. They're pretty cheap and easy to install (I've done two this month). They're a pain in the neck when you're coming and going, though (especially in rain or snow), because you have to get out of your warm/cool vehicle to open it up. Powered gates with a remote are too expensive and too much of a hassle to install (for me, anyway). Hope your additional signs help...

Good luck with your interlopers!
    - Bax

BamaT, Enrico and brit like this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I always thought large anchor chains, strung up between posts, would detour those who want to ignore the signs.

Hogie and brit like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Had a nice haircut from a barberette.

BamaT likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A minigun would work better ......

[​IMG]

Or this sign
    [​IMG]

:transport024:

BamaT and gssixgun like this.
  10. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    @Enrico I like how you think, we need to sit out on the front porch and have some beers together hehehe

:transport024:

Hogie and Enrico like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A bit of a drive from Buffalo, but sounds great.:eatdrink047:

12. TheBurgh

TheBurgh Active Member

Have watched a single baseball game for 6 hours (17 innings) AND STILL WATCHING!

BamaT, MoAllen and Enrico like this.
  13. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I changed the oil and filter on my Kubota to get it ready for winter. I also greased all the grease zerks. My mailbox is several years old and I really need a bigger one so, I went and got a BIG one and reset the post. It is all clay here and the mailman drives onto the shoulder to reach it. All the years of this made it lean at almost a 45 degree angle! So I reset it so, now he shouldn't need to go onto the shoulder anymore. Now that I have a brand new mailbox, I bet the snowplow takes it down this winter! :angry019: I do need to get more 3 inch reflecvtive number for the other side of the box...I didn't get enuff "1"s and for some reason I got two "0"s...brain fart...there are no zeros in my address! It's fun getting old...I need four "1"s and I only got two!

I needed a bigger one for the packages of cigars I have been getting. The package will fit in this box!

It was SO hard not to just say fudge it and ride the bike. VERY nice day. But, now I am mostly caught up!

BamaT, brit and MoAllen like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I put in a new lightbulb for my refridgeratr&freezer. Same one lasted me 17 years. I hope I'm still alive when this one goes out. Course maybe I'll be in a different marital and geographical persuasion.

BamaT and Hogie like this.
  15. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners? I watched that one to the 18th inning finish. I am a long time Mariners fan, so I wish it had turned out differently, but that was an epic game!

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Shot one of my heavier bows (only the third time since my elbow healed) and wasn’t struggling to pull it back.

BamaT and Hogie like this.
  17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Question is, does the light go out when you close the door?;):p

BamaT and brit like this.
  18. richgem

Ah yes, the lesser known quantum paradox: Schrodinger's light bulb.

Sara-s and Hogie like this.
  19. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I'm up late....feeling all the work I did today. Had a cigar and a cup of coffee. I would do a shot of bourbon but, I took a pain pill and that don't mix well with bourbon....
    Maybe tomorrow nite....gonna take it easy tomorrow. Get my numbers for the mailbox and look for extra sheer pins for the snow blower. Last winter I went thru a few so, I best have some on hand! I have learned to go slower when throwing snow and not rush it. It will snap a sheer pin if I push too hard. That Kubota has some torque!

It will be here before ya know it!
    Clip.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    BamaT, MoAllen and brit like this.
  20. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

So what is that tractor's hp, Hogie? About 24 hp or so? I wanted to move snow with my '49 Ford 8N, but finding front attachments for that oldie is just too darned difficult. It's easier to use the FEL on my MF 1526.
    - Bax

Hogie likes this.