-Gillette's-Finest-Razors-

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Jun 16, 2021.

1. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Thank you

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221006.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Gillette US Army Old Type
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette US Army Old Type and the Astra SP Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MacDaDad, Ron R, stuartganis and 2 others like this.
  3. stuartganis

Gillette Fatboy / Gillette Silver Blue [​IMG]

4. stuartganis

Gillette Flare Tip (black handle) / Gillette Silver Blue [​IMG]

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

OCtober, 8th, Saturday 2022

Razor : Gillette Canadian variant NEW long comb, Mfg 1930's, great mid range, these New razors where introduced for the Gillette new blade design that is used to this day world wide. The razor was built to last other than the ball end handle that tends to split. Some blade tab over hang but still a joy to use once in a while.
    Blade : Gillette Wilkinson sword Saloon(1), sharp & smooth. These blades are made in India and work well.
    Soap : Tabac, mild clean flowery scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Orbital ring 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb with a Gillette Wilkinson sword blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MacDaDad, stuartganis, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    This Gillette Old Type was upgraded by @twhite. He did the red and black Gun Kote and carbon fiber handle. It is a very nice shaver.
    sos221007.JPG

7. brit

brit in a box

fabulous gillette shaves gentlemen.have a fine weekend.:cool:

MacDaDad and stuartganis like this.
  8. stuartganis

Thank you & have a great weekend.

brit likes this.
  9. stuartganis

Monday Shave
    Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue [​IMG]

MacDaDad, Jayaruh, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221010.JPG
    Gillette NEW DeLuxe (1930)

11. stuartganis

Gillette Gold Aristocrat / Nacet blade [​IMG]

12. stuartganis

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221015.JPG
    Saturday's Cold Water Birthday Shave
    :bounce017:

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Badger
    Gillette NEW SC
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette NEW SC and the Astra SP Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Saturday, OCtober 15 2022

Razor : Gillette old type open comb + tech fat handle, Mfg 1920's, upper mild to tame mid range, this razor was bought in a lot purchase on the big Auction house and was owned by a person who was frugal or a poor person because it came with a ball end handle that was split and was wedged with paper to keep it usable and was used a lot to wear the nickel plating on top cap. How he shaved with it took a lot of skill because you had to pinch and pull at the same time to make a pass or the handle fell off. I added the tech handle to enjoy this interesting razor head.
    I like to use it once in a while to be grateful for having a few things in life that some folks just can not afford and it will not be sold as long as I'm around as a reminder of my blessings.
    Blade : Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon(4), sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Made in India.
    Soap : Mitchell's wool fat hard soap, nice very mild clean soap scent with excellent lather qualities. I bought this soap thinking it would be a challenge to lather with and I had no issues using my method. All I did as cut a few fine slivers off with my pocket knife into my shave bowl and pressed into bottom of my bowl, wet my brush and squeezed out most water (2 good brush flicks will work also) and started to lather until a paste started and added some spray mist(hand drops of water equivalent) and just stirred some more and added a few drops more ......... until it was time to shave 1-2 minutes later of getting it ready. Secret is just don't add a lot of water at first and this soap is wonderful and a classic great soap formula that has been around since some of the first safety razors where developed in 1890's. Very nice soap IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Irish spring AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gillette old type with a Gillette Wilkinson sword blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

15. stuartganis

Gillette Flare Tip (black handle) / Gillette Silver Blue [​IMG]

MacDaDad, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  16. stuartganis

Gillette Gold Aristocrat / Nacet blade [​IMG]

17. stuartganis

Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue [​IMG]

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Open Comb OCtober continues, and I shaved with my Gillette New Improved today. I had it replated in rhodium. It is a very fine razor.
    sos221018.JPG

19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221020.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger
    Gillette Sheraton
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm

The Palmolive Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Sheraton and the Astra SP Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

20. stuartganis

Friday Shave