Hi to all!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by ChrisB, Nov 5, 2022.

1. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Greetings from Perth Australia.

Newbie to the forum: first up thanks for having me and all the great resources and knowledge that I can see are available here!
    Been using my Muhle R89 for about 2 weeks now, so much fun, so much to learn! I think this could get addictive!
    Regards to all,
    Chris

ewk, Shaver X and swarden43 like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi Chris!
    Welcome to the Den!!

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

4. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.

5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Hi ChrisB, and welcome to The Shave Den! Glad to have you here!

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome, @ChrisB , to The Shave Den from the North Cackalacky Division. I spent a week in Sydney back in 1969. I was shaving with a Schick L1 at the time. Happy to help you in any way.
    zwelcome2aus.jpg

7. wheatshocker

wheatshocker Guest

Welcome Chris, from another newbie.

8. TheBurgh

TheBurgh Active Member

You think this might become addictive?

Think no more, addiction is assured (with our help, of course)!

Welocme!

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @ChrisB glad you decided to join us at TSD.

:)

10. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

11. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind welcomes! Well, before I even officially started the bug has bit me!

New razor and goodies arrived in the mail y'day! First tentative shave with the new Muhle Rocca R96 ss black handle this morning. Better grip. Needs more care.

Different to my R89, took it slowly with a Derby at this stage. 2.5 passes and left it at that for the moment, some of the more tricky areas can wait for another day for when my skills improve!

Now, just need to review the board's rules, photo uploads etc.
    Love looking at some of the impressive dens!

Oh dear, I see hours and hours of indulgent shaving ahead!

PS @Jayaruh , hope you're not suggesting I try this upside down (yet, anyway ...:))

Best to all.

12. swarden43

@ChrisB
    psssst...no space between the @ and the name, the link should turn red when you hit post

13. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Great thanks ! I didn't know that created a link! Nice.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

15. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Hi Paul!

Great forum, lot's to wade through and read.

Seems like most active posters are experienced shavers, the threads go back quite a few years.

I was just wondering if there was separate thread somewhere for newbies? Maybe something like Dumb Newbie Questions Here?
    Apologies if it already exists, if so feel free to point me in that direction.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

There are no "dumb" questions from newbies. We're all here to help everyone, and we do our best to do just that.

17. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree, the only dumb question is the one never asked, so here goes, if this is the wrong place to post these questions, feel free to move/replace or advise.

Q1. Some very good youtubers shaving tutorials show off their fancy stuff and techniques and generally always have 2 - 4 day growth when they do. Hence they advocate Reduction, ie going from maybe 3 - 4 mm stubble down further with each pass. I know Reduction is also advocated on this and most other forums.

My thought is this: if I were to shave every day, my beard is already only 1 - 2 mm to start with, so do I need the first reduction WTG pass or go straight to XTG?

Might try this and see, at least for part of my face to start with and see how it goes, but would be interested in any comments.

Regards, Chris.

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  19. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thanks @Primotenore great to be aboard. So much to read. So much to learn.

Primotenore likes this.
  20. swarden43

Hi Chris, check out this thread ---> https://theshaveden.com/forums/forums/shave-school.37/ for future questions such as the one you're asking.

I shave every day, three passes. First pass WTG, second XTG, third ATG. But that's me.
    Try what you like. You'll never know what works or doesn't work for ya unless you do. Nicks and cuts heal, razor rash clear up ;)
    And, despite what others may insist on, always remember, never forget - It's your shave. Enjoy it your way. :)