Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

12th November 2022.

1.jpg

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

That there is stunning ^

GAW9576, Ron R and SlimGem like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221112.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

The Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  4. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

1914_RR_Semoge620_CC.JPG
    11/12/2022
    Growth: Two day beard
    Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
    Pre: Washed face with Stirling unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering (warm water).
    Brush: Semogue 620 (boar)
    Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap
    Bowl: Captain's Choice standard copper shave bowl (rolled edged)
    Blade: GEM Personna SS (D6)
    Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 "Little Lather Catcher", no shim
    Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  5. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Thank you, Arthur. This one turned out to be a sweet shaver.

GAW9576 and Electrif like this.
  6. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Soap: AoS - Sandalwood Shaving Cream
    Brush: #375 Synthetic by @Jayaruh
    Bowl: 3D Printed
    Razor: Wilkinson Pall Mall
    Aftershave: Fine - Santal Absolut
    20221111_185353-01.jpeg

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  7. Electrif

Sunday 13th November
    Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #2 - Eco Warrior Bergamot and Lime Bar - RazoRock Plissoft - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

We will remember them!

SlimGem, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 4 others like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 12th November

Stirling Syn 28mm
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai CT Protouch MG ( 8 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion
    An extremely pleasant Shave despite the blade being on its 8th outing, the Shave was not only smooth and comfortable, but the finish was super close and has proved to be long lasting.

82AD94DE-2B7F-4DE9-87B0-143CD96C0F95.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    SlimGem, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 4 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221113.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar
    J.A. Henckels Rapide
    J.A. Henckels Wedge
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

The Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Lather Catcher Razor and the J.A. Henckels Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, November 13th, 2022, experimenting with a DE blade, Subie shaves double stack blade hack.

Razor : Schick injector E2 type, Canadian variant- MFG in the 1930's- 40's, Mid range, light weight 1OZ, well built to last with some care, one of my favorite injectors & a joy to use.
    Blade : Personna red DE (4) sharp & smooth with great longevity, experimenting with a double stack blade modified to fit the E2 injector. It can be done with reasonble success if a person is willing to take effort and care needed to not get cut. I use 2 small strips of electric tape & then place the blade on the sticky part + then fold the edges of tape over the cutting edges and trim away. The blade will curve slightly from the scissor cutting and then stack the blades together and place in the injector with care. Not sure it is worth the effort but I do enjoy challenges. This is much better & safer than using 1 half blade because it is to flexible but with 2 blade half's you are getting very close to the thickness of a injector blade. The shave was close and comfortable and do-able but not sure it is worth the risk of cutting yourself. Take care if attempting!
    Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", nice unique bright sharp cleanish scent with excellent lather qualities. This soap is very addictive with matching aftershave splash IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger (3band) excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock"The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Subie double stack DE blade hack.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221114.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    TNNSER Classic by Tom
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

It was 20 degrees out this morning and a great day for a cold water shave. The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap did not disappoint. It lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Classic by Tom and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    jimjo1031, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  12. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

1924_RR_RV_CC.JPG
    11/14/2022
    Growth: Two day beard
    Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
    Pre: Washed face with Stirling unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering (warm water).
    Brush: Rudy Vey 25mm STF
    Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap
    Bowl: Captain's Choice standard copper shave bowl (rolled edged)
    Blade: GEM Personna SS (D7)
    Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 "Shovel Head", half spine shim
    Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum

jimjo1031, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, November 14th, 2022

Razor : Star bar #4 model lather catcher(Rare)- Mfg 1929-30, upper mild>tame mid range depending on blade # usage, a new blade and this razor performs very nicely. Built to last with some care, very enjoyable drama free shave this morning(the kind we all enjoy)! Favorite lather catcher of 3 I own.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove + excellent lather qualities(slightly pastier side on a wet face works well for myself). Very affordable.
    Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle hair- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very enjoyable boar brush.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave :Witch hazel beard cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood (some clove)[​IMG]+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 lather catcher with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 14th November

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
    Tabac soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 9 )
    Tabac A/S Lotion

A rare outing with The Tabac today, it really is nice to use as I like it’s scent and it produces a superb lather.

3EAC1F5F-31FB-4467-B099-6C5DDC6CE608.jpeg

jimjo1031, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  15. Electrif

Tuesday 15th November
    General Steel - Schick Proline P #3 - Palmolive Stick - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

20221114_164526-03.jpeg
    Smooth Operator
    I used the Supply Pro for the first time today and it went well. I set it on six because I use my Futur on six without problems. The Pro seems a bit lighter than the SE, but it is every bit as smooth. I got one small weeper on my neck, but I'll dial down there next time. I felt the blade more, but not in an unpleasant way. This razor seems like a keeper.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Supply Pro
    Blade: Supply Black label SE
    Brush: Lutin Chubby Lightning
    Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
    Lather: Tabac Original
    Aftershave: B-M Muir(e) Wood Balm

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221115.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    TNNSER Classic by Tom
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Classic by Tom and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    This week (M-F) I have designated as TNNSER Classic Week. I am using the original aluminum TNNSER. I am two shaves into the week and have no regrets. I find that my usual spots that need touch ups almost don't need touch ups. This is a very cool little razor. The curved handle and the roller safety bar make it a unique experience. Thanks to twhite for this amazing razor.

tnnserclassicweek.jpg

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, November 15th 2022

Razor : Gem Junior Bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, excellent mild>tame mid range, this razor has been around in time yet it performs very well, excellent razor to use on the 1-3 shaves with a new blade IMO. Built to last with some care and just a joy to use with a 120 + year old razor.[​IMG]
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor blade to handle.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove + excellent lather qualities. I like a slightly pastier lather applied to a wet face does the job every time with no drama.
    Brush : Yaqi "Cavern lake" 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum + Sandalwood (some clove) AS [​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 16th November

Omega 11126 boar
    Hampshire Woolfat soap
    Schick Type F
    Schick S/S single- Japan [ ? ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Rather lost track of the number of Shaves with this blade, but the patchy finish tells me a blade hangs is due.

IMG_04.jpeg