What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

It is a B2320 so, I think it's 23 horses. It has a 3 cylinder diesel engine in it. Hydrostatic drive & 4-wheel drive. Front and rear PTO. I got it new in 2009. I am very happy with it. Before I got this, I used a 1940 Ford 9N with a back blade. I did find an old front mount blade but, It was raised with the lift arms in the back via cables which stretch and slip in the clamps. It was a royal pain! Plus, the blade would only lift 6 inches.

Yes, a modern tractor is best. I also have a dozer blade for lighter snows and I also put the back blade on so I can plow both directions. I now only use the blower for snows of a foot or more. It is much easier. I have had snows here of 2 feet or more that was wet snow and the dozer blade could only push out from the garage about 20 feet befor tractor stopped and simply sat there spinning it wheels. Even with the chains on it. ROYAL pain! This will be my second year with the blower and I LOVE it! Stock up on sheer pins tho. LOL

I have learned to drop it into low range and go slow. It also helped to get the rears filled with molasass (beet juice) non-corrosive.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    BamaT and brit like this.
  2. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Stogie for Hogie! :):)

Hogie, brit and richgem like this.
  3. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

My 2009 Kubota B2320 when it was brand new just before delivery. It has done a LOT of work for me that the old Ford could never do. That dozer blade is great!

IMG_2130.jpg

DaltonGang, brit and BamaT like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just turned 54 and I'm starting to feel it. Dragged the bike and weight bench out of mothballs. It's now or never.

Paul Turner, brit, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I fed and petted alpacas.

brit and BamaT like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This morning I took apart my little Hoover vacuum cleaner (yes, I named it Herbert) and cleaned the innards. Manliness will continue later, when I put it back together. I can and will do this without the instructions.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I was replacing an external building light with a new LED model (about 15' - 20' up). After removing the cover unwiring it and unbolting it from the building, pulled it from the building. When I reach the ground, I was setting down the unit when noticed a very large spider (body the size of a dime) on the back curled uptight. I didn't think too much and brushed it off to the ground thinking he'd/she'd scamper away. I continued to work on the light when I notice it hadn't moved from where it landed. I realized it's only 40 degrees and too cold for it. I felt bad for the cold spider and scooped it up and brought to a heated entry area between our buildings. I later noticed it had scampered away if nothing else, but to live for another day.

:)

brit, MoAllen and Sara-s like this.
  8. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Got the vehicles ready for winter. New oil, air pressure, checked transmissions, differentials, etc, for fluid levels. Put new grease in some of the implements for the tractor. Didn't maintain the tractor, though, as it was recently done and I'll be using it this winter (it's my snow plow). Got camper up on blocks (wheels off the ground), winterized, and covered. Got the motorcycle plugged into a float charger. Ran all the small engines dry. Those that couldn't run dry had Sta-Bil added to the fuel and run a bit. Not difficult, but time consuming.
    - Bax

Enrico, Sara-s and brit like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What is a float charger @Bax

Enrico likes this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Unlike trickle chargers, they don't charge batteries, they maintain them. Although they can't recharge a dead battery, they can be used frequently and left connected to a battery without any risk of overcharging. Float chargers automatically shut off when the battery is fully charged.

Sara-s and brit like this.
  11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Normally I'd say shocking but apparently only if you misuse them. :scared007:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That's what I like about you, Rich. Always adding a little spark to the conversation. :signs107:

richgem likes this.
  13. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

He's just wired that way. :eatdrink047:

richgem and swarden43 like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's what he does behind closed doors that's truly shocking (and illegal in many states).

:eek:

richgem and brit like this.
  15. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

In his defense, pretty much everything is illegal somewhere.

Enrico, richgem and brit like this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Lifted the toilet seat...

brit, gorgo2, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I hope you aimed.......

brit and Primotenore like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    One outta two ain't bad...
    :scared003:

brit and Enrico like this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

1) Toilet clogged; plunger wasn’t helping
    2)Searched net for ideas
    3) Added a little dish detergent into mostly empty bowl & added hot (not boiling) water. Dish detergent is to lubricate pipes.
    4) Waited half an hour. Flushed & plunged; clog is gone.

Lancre, brit, MoAllen and 3 others like this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Huh never would have come up with that trick. I'll have to file that one.

brit, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.