One Last Soap?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by TheBurgh, Apr 30, 2022.

1. brit

brit in a box

it's a great traditional soap ,,so i would have to be in the mood for it.:)

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

In that little cup in the dishwasher or in the tank of the toilet. :happy102:

:signs081:

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

:happy102::eatdrink047:

Paul Turner and Enrico like this.
  4. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

From the back of a drawer, I recently pulled out an old puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat. I had tried it some time ago and thought it left my face feeling pretty good, but was a bit thin on lather, Well, I must have been running it a little too wet back then because it's been lathering wonderfully for me all this past month.
    I'm not ready to make the final choice, but Mitchell's would be high up on my list, along with Arko stick and Prorasso red.

5. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

I’d most likely change my mind at some point, but as of today, I’d choose Zingari Man Nomad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have a tiny sample of Zingari Man(Watchman) and signed up for their newsletters.

jwr3265 likes this.
  7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

MWF getting lots of love, deservedly. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try it. B&M is probably the brand I use the most of. My wife buys me a tub or two for almost every gift-giving occasion. So going with the odds, that'll most likely be it and I'm ok with that. Right now I'm about a week into a puck of L'Occitane Cade I've had in my stash for several years. I hear it's been reformulated for the worse and that's a shame so I'm enjoying this one for now. SV has been on my list to try for a long time but I just haven't got around to it. From the reviews, I'm expecting it to be a facepalm moment because I waited so long.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Same answer I always give; the stuff I make.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What you're saying here is that if it was a lousy, untraditioal soap you'd be in the mood right away? :D

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

if it were lousy untraditional soap it would be in the bin.;).i have to be in the mood for the scent.

SterFry and Paul Turner like this.
  11. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

Man... That's a tough one. Fortunately I'll never have to choose. It's between:

Mike's Natural
    Barrister and Mann
    MacDuffs v4
    Speick
    Grooming Dept

If I really, really had to choose... I would choose Barrister and Mann. I have enormous respect for Will and the effort he puts into customer service. Mike's Naturals would be the runner up.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i want to try the McDuff's.on my list..readily available here.:):eatdrink047:

SterFry likes this.
  13. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

It is my personal estimation that MacDuffs v4 may very well be the best base currently in existence (Ymmv etc). I highly recommend it if you like the dense, heavy, 'melted marshmallow fluff' soaps like Omnibus.

14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

If I had to choose, I think my last shaving soap would be Tabac. A great soap with a very nice scent. Realistically, my last shaving soap will be whatever I used that morning. As long as I have a top notch shaving soap, and there are many available now, which one is of no great concern.

In my own experience, trying dozens of different blades, soaps, razors, etc. can be a waste of time. Once a great razor / blade / soap or cream / brush combination is found, why not run with it? The shaves will be excellent every single day.

awk-m4 likes this.