highlight logo

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by neiasden, Nov 21, 2022.

1. neiasden

neiasden Member

is there a way to paint or darken the Maker's Mark stamps? the paint wears off so many of them and regular paint won't stick I guess so what would somebody do?

Karl G likes this.
  2. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    You can use Gun Blue

Birchwood Casey Super Blue is the longest lasting I have found

Blue it using a qTip lightly sand with high grit, the bluing will stay in the letters if it is deep enough

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. neiasden

neiasden Member

awesome. thanks Glenn

gssixgun likes this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Pics of before and after would be nice.

5. neiasden

neiasden Member

imageedit_1_9656524247.jpg I don't have any after pictures because my question was what do I do LOL but if I get any I will post them. the adoration is nice and black another one has none at all another one has a little I just wanted to be like the adoration one

gssixgun likes this.
  6. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Gunsmithing trick on Cold Blue, Alcohol is always a good recommendation for a solvent to clean the surface before Bluing
    I have been using a Spray Brake Cleaner with excellent results for at least a decade now

Either will work

7. neiasden

neiasden Member

sounds good. I actually have some alcohol, being in a nursing home it's readily available LOL. I'm hoping that's the only preparation, don't need some way to heated up or any kind of special anything?

8. neiasden

neiasden Member

here's a stupid question. have you ever found any extra tightly wound q-tips? q-tip brand is the best brand I know of and they are just kind of loose I wet it a little bit and twist it, let it dry with a point

TE="gssixgun, post: 2058872, member: 2180"]You can use Gun Blue

Birchwood Casey Super Blue is the longest lasting I have found

Blue it using a qTip lightly sand with high grit, the bluing will stay in the letters if it is deep enough[/QUOTE]

9. Gasman

Gasman Active Member

The letters need to be deep enough then when you sand use a hard backer like a flat hard stick. You don't want the sandpaper to pull the color out of the letters. No heat just be careful and don't make a mess.

Steve56 and neiasden like this.