SoS: November 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Oct 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221128.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick
    Jayaruh #4 Badger
    3D InjecTR v1 Razor
    Personna Injector blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Another sweet shave with this 3d printed razor by @SlimGem . I will be shaving with this razor through Friday of this week.

The TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #4 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D InjecTR v1 Razor and the Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

What a Grand Freeze!

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 6
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash
    Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

The best way to describe this Frosted Lavender soap and aftershave is a whiff of soothing relaxation on a twenty below zero morning - that’s how frigid this stuff is. IMHO, this is the most gorgeous lavender scent I’ve ever had, the soap’s tallow formula - in fact ALL of Fernando’s soaps are practically identical to the delightful Stirling soaps in terms of texture, ingredients, and performance. This Frosted Lavender gave me tons of beautifully scented lather that was so thick, rich, creamy, SLICK, and protective, the menthol sensation began to pummel my face immediately exactly like a Glacial soap would, and the postshave feeling was so soothed as well as relaxed. The Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel has very little scent but it still feels great on my skin, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is also witch hazel based, it never stings or burns, it smells as beautiful as the soap, and it’s so friggin frigid. The wife loves the smell of the Eau Sauvage on me and so do I - this fragrance is an old classic. This little Junjie razor is so efficient in spite of how mild it is - three passes left me completely stubble free - what a cracker of a shave this was!

Have a great week - be well and safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday
    brit rocket/kcg
    soc
    arko
    rr lime mentholated

20221128_071148_edited.jpg

4. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Monday Shave

Lather: PAA Scentsless soap
    Brush: Ever Ready
    Razor: Henson AL13 mild
    Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword

Pleasant shave. I'm still trying out blades in my Henson AL13. First impressions of Gillette Wilkinson Sword are mixed: maybe not as sharp as I would like in this mild razor, but the result is acceptable and smooth without irritation. I'll try it again tomorrow.

20221128_083447~2_copy_1024x721.jpg

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Nov 28th 2022

Razor : Gem Junior 1912 with baton handle, Mfg 1943 variant, excellent tame mid range, well built to last and the baton handle is a very nice handle to work this razor. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice scent of Sandalwood with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Bali "24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly soft pillow tips, gentle scrubber+ excellent painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Nov 28th
    British ‘Crat Jr w Feather (2)
    APShave 2Bed/ MrEE Aluminum
    Castle Forbes Lime- 3017 day 12
    Thayers
    Stirling Baker Street
    11E61F67-D0AE-4131-89CA-264DC58173F6.jpeg
    The Feather blade has made this ‘Canadian Rocket’ sing the past few days. Just perfect in a mild shaver…I need to use these blades more for sure.
    Have a great day all!

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I like your shave gear, Mike. Are you sensitive to fragrances, or is a partner?

stuartganis and MoAllen like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Monday, November 28
    [​IMG]
    Arko~~Simpson CH2~~Cobra Classic/Feather Professional Super~~Jerry Juice~~Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Have a great day!

stuartganis, Ron R, ilts and 11 others like this.
  9. BroRat

BroRat Well-Known Member

Blackland ERA Level 4 OC / Personna "Lab Blue" / Yaqi Aqua 24mm High Mountain Silvertip / RazoRock Santa Maria Firenze Shaving Soap & AS

[​IMG]

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here it is for Tuesday(29th):

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(in shower)
    shave-Stoylin Sheep*
    brush-Jayaruh #59
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Safari 4 Men

*-
    Unscented

stuartganis, Ron R, ilts and 9 others like this.
  11. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Tuesday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Steampunk Gillette Slim Adjustable I-4
    Blade: PoliSilver (Wizmet) (D2)
    Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White 27mm Anodized Bronze
    Bowl: Symmetrical Sheet Metal
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: Spa
    Shave Soap: Tabac
    Balm: Tabac
    Cologne: Tabac

12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Tuesday 11.29.22
    RAZOR: Stando AC Single Edge “Rod”
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5C Synthetic
    LATHER: ‌Luna Cosmetics Mentolado Shaving Soap

stuartganis, jtspartan, ilts and 9 others like this.
  13. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Tuesday SOTD

Soap: TABAC
    Brush: 3D Printed Simpson Alexander Trafalgar
    Razor: Rolls
    Aftershave: TABAC
    20221128_181834-01.jpeg

stuartganis, Ron R, poppi and 11 others like this.
  14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 11/28/2022

Weber DLC razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Dr. Selby 3X SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Nice start to the week. The Dr Selby is hard to get hold of but, to me, it's worth it. Makes a very nice lather, smell fantastic and I like it. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

drselby028.jpg

15. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Awesome set-up! Stunning lather bowl! I have a similar bowl coming from the same vendor. Can't wait

jtspartan, awk-m4 and ram57 like this.
  16. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you.

I really, really like these bowls from Symmetrical Pottery. I have one in green and another they call brown but looks yellowish to me.

SlimGem likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

tuesday
    canadian rocket
    polsilver
    yaqi silvertip
    mcduff's autumn cabin
    burberry

20221128_201810_edited.jpg

SlimGem, stuartganis, Ron R and 11 others like this.
  18. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I suffer from rosacea. Many facial products cause me to have red patches on my cheeks and forehead. It was only when I began using a fragrance-free shave soap that my face cleared up. It was a significant change - my dermatologist noticed and commented "whatever you are doing, it's working!".

So I avoid fragrances and menthol in soaps, shampoos, lotions, and aftershaves. Many artisan soap makers offer fragrance-free versions of their products, so I have plenty of variety to play with! I can allow myself an indulgence once a week - Williams Wednesday. I have some vintage Williams soap that lost most of its fragrance years ago. Once a week with that soap doesn't bother my face.

19. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD: 29th November 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Arko Hydrate Shaving cream.
    Blade: V12 Super Platinum Blade. (D1)
    Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub. /Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne. / Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up paired together wonderfully.

Maiden shave with the V12 Super Platinum Blade, which I've had for quite some time and only got round to try them out. the verdict? A surprisingly good blade I find they have a good balance of smoothness & efficiency, something I really like in a blade.

They paired together with the Baili BD 191 exceptionally well making a mild smooth comfortable duo. As for the longevity if i can get two good acceptable outings from them, which i assume i will then I'll be content.

I normally bowl lather when using tube shave creams but this morning i tried putting it directing into the damp synthetic and face lathering, dipping the brush tips when more water was needed building up the lather to the consistency I prefer.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SlimGem, ram57, stuartganis and 10 others like this.
  20. Nem22

Nem22 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.