Trouble with inflammation?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Nov 26, 2022.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've gotten back into keto but with a twist. After seeing a video describing all the potentially* inflammatory substances found in pretty much every plant, I decided to eat more strictly for a week...meat, eggs, limited dairy, and of course coffee. No fruit, veg, grains, or seed oils. That's it. I've changed nothing else in my life.

That was a week ago. The slight but nagging ache in my hip and knee (have had these for at least a year, off and on) vanished. Now going into week two. Yesterday I allowed myself half an avocado and some grilled asparagus along with bacon and eggs. I don't feel anything different so I'll start adding a few things back gradually and see what happens. No other issues either...nothing digestive, no gout, energy is fine.

If you have issues with inflammation, this might be a harmless experiment you could try. You'll know soon if it's working for you.

*I've never believed that most dietary "rules" apply equally to everyone. There's a few that must but a lot of things depend on your own system's unique processing, genetics, etc.

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Have you tried chondroitin for the hip and knee issues?

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Chondroitin can be effective for some- mostly the extreme cases. It doesn't work for everyone, but it is pretty safe to try it. At best, it helps; at worst, it doesn't work, but also doesn't hurt you.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've removed apples, tree nuts and limit tomatoes, corn and oranges from my diet. It has stopped my trigger finger locking up, tinnitus, skin issues along with digestive problems. I've learned to listen to my body and not to feed it things it doesn't like.

:)

gorgo2 and Paul Turner like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Heard of but never tried. Have tried turmeric, ginger, etc.