30 Day Rule/Focus; Nov 2022. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I have had my eye on the McDuff software for a while. As you may be aware I am on a NB for the time being. Perhaps down the road. Excell shave Barry.

brit and Trigger like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Loved the “Frampton Comes Alive” album.

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Super duper Joe.

brit, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

another fine shave Gary.

6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary.

7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Wonderful Wednesday shave Joe. Btw, I am not thrilled with this weather, but I prefer this over a snowy, blustery day.

brit likes this.
  8. Trigger

Thank you Joe.

brit likes this.
  9. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe!

- David

10. Trigger

Nov 30 SOTE

Good evening.

Mühle R102
    Gillette Winner Blade (2 and 3)
    JR #290 Cashmere Brush
    Mühle Sandalwood SC
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 1 day
    Dome Growth: 3+ days

20221129_211810.jpg

I decided to change things up a bit for my last shave of the month. I am not only doing an above-the-shoulder shave, but I am using a shave cream out of a tube for my task at hand. I have used the Mühle Sandalwood Shave Cream once before, but it's been over a year and quite possibly 2 yrs since I used it. The scent is nice, but faint. It's not a brushless cream, and it will not provide a voluminous lather. However, it is slick to get a nice shave and that's fine with me.
    I did 2 passes (WTG and XTG) on my face and neck; 3 passes on my dome (WTG, XTG and ATG). I got BBS on the face and Cueball smooth on the dome without bloodshed or irritation. The alum was mostly silent throughout my shaved areas. Just a slight zing under my chin was evident that I had a very nice, close and comfortable shave. I don't have any Sandalwood scented aftershave so I went with the neutral Aqua Velva. Honesty, the scent from the cream didn't stay around by the time I was ready for the aftershave so I could've used anything to finish this session. Take care.
    PS The intro to Dec. will be downloaded approximately 12 AM EST.

brit, palmolive fox and GoodShave like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Joe....Safari's nice.

palmolive fox, brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I only heard the opening song.."Something's Happening".

13. GoodShave

RR_Hawk_MH_SR_Folding_SSS_RV.jpg
    11/30/2022
    Growth: Two day beard.
    Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
    Pre: Stirling unscented pre-shave soap
    Brush: Rudy Vey 25 mm STF
    Lather : PAA Supreme Sandalwood Science shaving soap (CK-6 formula).
    Bowl: Captain's Choice standard copper shave bowl (rolled edged)

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
    Base Plate: A
    Handle: Muhle chrome (came with my Muhle R89)
    Blade: Feather Professional (D2.5)

Razor: Feather Artist Club Super Razor (SR) folding AC-style razor
    Blade: Feather Professional (D2.5)

First time shaving with PAA Supreme Sandalwood Science. I was surprised on how soft this croap was. If it were any softer, it would be called a cream. I put an almond size amount in the shave bowl and bowl lathered. I should have worn my glasses while I lathered as I found out after the shave that there were still bubbles in the lather. The lather had the right sheen, so I shaved with it (not knowing about the bubbles). The lather did not build with as much volume as I am used to with Razorock XXX but it did generate a decent volume. Next time I will either start with less water (use a dry technique) or use more soap (or do both). It will take a little work to dial in this soap.

Today's shave was really about seeing if I wanted to order more Feather Pro blades as I am currently using a blade from TryABlade. JATAI has 30% off Feather blades until December 5th, so this was the time to order if I wanted them.

On the first pass, I did one side of my face with the Feather Artist Club Super Razor to see what I thought of the Pro blade with that razor. It was OK but not as smooth as the Schick Pro Line P-30, but since the lather was off, that could be the issue. My constant struggle is to only change one thing in my shave but I have so many things backlogged to try out that I cannot help myself at times.

I had read that somebody somewhere really liked using the Razorock Hawk V3 with a light handle, so I pulled out my lightest handle I have which was the handle that came with my Muhle R89 (my first DE razor). This definitely makes the razor head-heavy but also lets the razor head do the work for you with no added pressure from a heavier handle. Despite the lather issue, this was a very pleasant two-pass shave. This may be the best shave so far with the Razorock Hawk V3. It was pretty efficient.

The alum only stung in the mustache area and in the chin area where I did two passes and touch ups.
    DFS

- David

14. Trigger

Very nice shave Daniel. I like the setup. I am glad you realized that going from one razor to another and so on doesn't help to master your technique. It is part of the process. I don't know if you are new to traditional wetshaving, but just using one setup for the entire month will definitely help your journey. The other option is that you Cann change the software, but not the razor and the blade. It's this thread's instruction on getting better shaves. It's why every monthly intro suggests doing a focus or a rule since this thread's inception. It's really a reminder for newbies and vets to go back to shaving basics when one has trouble diali o ng it in as we say. You are doing fine, but if you want to expedite your process, then consider doing a rule or focus.

palmolive fox, brit and GoodShave like this.
  15. GoodShave

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it.

I am not new to traditional wet shaving. For November's focus, I was doing the no-repeat option that was mentioned, so that is why I have been using different razor/setups each time.

Thanks!

- David

palmolive fox, brit and Trigger like this.
  16. Trigger

I realize that you were doing the no repeat theme. I just was reminding you and everyone else about why we sometimes do a rule or focus. You are a gentlemen and a scholar. Thanks for putting up with this old gent. Lol!

palmolive fox, brit and GoodShave like this.
  17. GoodShave

Thanks Joe!

I appreciate it.

- David

18. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20221201_185356.jpg
    Colibri (Hummingbird) with 1.30mm open comb plate.
    Razorock Thick Bar stainless steel handle.
    Astra SP blade (fresh).
    Shore Shave Cool Water Ribbon synthetic brush.
    Tabac shave soap.
    American Tobacco by Andy Hilfiger cologne.

Terrific Thursday shave even with a good weeper for some reason. :signs002: Tabac soap is an excellent performer.

Ain't that a purdy brush....I'm still on love with it. Thanks Joe.

I've got a couple of new razors on the way in. One should be here tomorrow a TRC (The Razor Company) all aluminum three piece and a Pearl Flexi adjustable.

I hope everyone is doing great! It is hard to believe it December already.

19. Trigger

Wonderful shave Danny! That brush is just breathtaking!

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.