What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It surprised me too. As I said, I found it by searching for “how to unclog a toilet, when a plunger doesn’t work.”
    I thought of using a toilet snake, but I didn’t have one. If this hadn’t worked, I’d have taken a run to Lowe’s to get one.

brit and richgem like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just to clarify, was it dish detergent that you would use in the dishwasher or in the sink?

brit likes this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I've used Dawn dish soap. Works great.

brit and richgem like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thee kind you use in the sink.

brit likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Picked up another firearm.

Lockback, brit and stuartganis like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thou art thanked. :D

brit and Sara-s like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thou art welcome.

brit, stuartganis and richgem like this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I went to work, and solved peoples problems.

brit and Sara-s like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I was using some leather cement, which has a strong chemical smell. So I wore my face shield. Then I decided it needed a personal touch.
    9CEF809E-6225-4A83-8A05-EC81818AFD50.jpeg 8CD16E26-0176-45FF-9A21-DC99777FAE92.jpeg

Enrico, gorgo2, Primotenore and 4 others like this.
  10. DaltonGang

I mulched and disposed of all the leaves in the yard. Then re-gripped a set of golf clubs, for my daughter. Saved about $80 doing it myself.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Left Friday a few hours after work (8pm), drove straight 13 hours to my parents, slept some, helped finish packing 26' truck on Saturday, slept some, Sunday drove them in their car back here, stayed in hotel, arrived here Monday 3pm, then went to unload truck into storage, which finished today at 2pm. Now I have to be back at work tomorrow and can't sleep yet.

Enrico and stuartganis like this.
  12. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I Took my wife to her sleep study test for possible sleep apnea or other problems . Walked her to the technician. found out the details I need to pick her up tomorrow. I Told her " Everything will be fine and I will see you in the morning " I then told her " Good night my love , Sleep well and have beautiful dreams " and when she said the same back to me I said " I always have beautiful dreams because they are of you".. I left came home and texted Alicia I got home okay. We then proceeded to send text for a few and little cute memes and gifs until it was time for them to hook her up to start the test and we said good night again..... I then proceeded to get our twins who their grandparents had watched for me while I took Alicia to her test , fed , clothed and ready for bed along with helping them pick out their clothes for tomorrow, I kissed and hugged them from their mommy and then I told them good night.. I then did the same for our oldest son and told him good night from his Mom and myself and made sure he had his drink in his room and he went to bed. I just now sat down and ate something for dinner and am about to go to bed.......
    See doing something can be boring and mundane.. Its more important who you do things for , than really what you do. As long as you make sure that what you do is make sure they have what they need , both Physically and Mentally.. Have a good night everyone and cherish the moments you have with those you care about.. Help them succeed and be happy in life and I truly believe it will make you better in return.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    Daywalker, Enrico, MoAllen and 3 others like this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Beautiful. :happy088:

jaro likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@jaro doing for your family simply because you love them is very manly. You remind me of my dear, wonderful husband. It was lovely to read your post.

jaro likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Aaaah, y'know....a guy who charges floats in a parade.

Sara-s likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Serves me right for asking.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. jaro

Thank you.

Sara-s likes this.
  18. jaro

As an addendum to my reply to your post.. I want others to also know it doesn't just have to be doing for family, it could be friends , co-workers or anyone, even complete strangers.. We need to help each other more these days. Some seem to have forgotten or just never been taught to show compassion to others and to Not just think of themselves.. I would like to challenge others to do something simple for someone today, even if it's nothing more than holding the door for someone. Just show a little kindness and enjoy yourselves... Alright enough of that. I picked my wife up earlier so I'm gonna go enjoy some time talking with her..

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    Sara-s and MoAllen like this.
  19. jaro

In response to the question you asked about what are float chargers....

A float charger provides a very small constant amount of electric current to a battery. This current is enough to compensate self-discharge and to give a gentle charge to the cells, still underdosed to not overcharge the battery.

Sara-s likes this.
  20. DaltonGang

Trickle Charger- constant small voltage, runs the risk of Over Charging a battery.
    Float Charger- charges to a certain point, and shuts off. When the battery is detected at a certain drained volt, then the charger automatically turns on, and keeps it at a preset optimal charge.

Or, something like: Trickle is old school, Float is smarter.

Sara-s likes this.