Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221017.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger
    Gem MMOC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem MMOC and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Yehuda D, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

What a Grand Freeze!

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 13
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

One thing I must say is that this Glacial Electric Sheep is not for the faint of heart because it’s a menthol atom bomb so unless you can tolerate intense menthol, stay away from this soap - don’t touch it. For me it’s perfect in every way imaginable - the scent is exactly the same as the regular version - it’s a lovely blend of lemon, citronella, and eucalyptus, the mutton tallow formula gives it such wonderful lather that’s so rich, creamy, and super slick, the menthol sensation hits like a ton of frigid bricks, and the skincare is superb. The Prep gives unbeatable postshave care, and the Snake Bite aftershave is pretty much unscented and it freezes like an S.O.B. Three passes got rid of my tough stubble and gave me a brilliant BBS shave that was so much fun!

Have a good week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221024.JPG

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

My custom made Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Astra Green day 6
    MSC Wintergreen SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Wintergreen AS Splash
    Lagerfeld Classic EdT

Wa Allahi Azim, my brother Fernando made me this Wintergreen soap and aftershave at my request because I wanted something that could match the mighty Glacial Wintergreen in terms of scent, lather, and menthol power - let me say that he succeeded BRILLIANTLY. This soap is a tallow based menthol atom bomb with the exact same beautiful scent as the treasure from Rod, the lather is friggin THICK, rich, creamy, and super SLICK, the menthol sensation is so POWERFUL that it even passes the Glacial Wintergreen slightly, and the skincare is A1. The Prep gave me so much loving skincare, and the Wintergreen aftershave smells so gorgeous just like the soap not to mention how it freezes the crap out of you - it must be used sparingly because it makes the Arctique from B&M feel like nothing. Notice there are no labels on the soap tub and aftershave bottle because they’re not being sold yet. Three passes gave me a splendid BBS shave!

Have a good week - be well and safe![​IMG]

5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221031.JPG

Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #432 Synthetic
    Segal
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #432 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Segal Razor and the Segal Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Astra Green day 13
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash

As if yesterday’s shave wasn’t frigid enough this one was even more frigid - my brother Fernando’s Frosted Lavender soap and aftershave are two menthol atom bombs with the most gorgeous lavender scent I’ve ever experienced in my entire life. The soap is tallow based like all of his soaps, the lather whips up so thick, rich, SUPER SLICK, and protective, the menthol sensation is so friggin intense that it easily competes with any of the Stirling Glacials, and the skincare is perfect. The Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel has almost no scent but it does such a fantastic job of soothing my skin, the Prep needs no explanation because it’s so awesome, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is also witch hazel based like all of Fernando’s aftershaves, it smells as beautiful as the soap, and the menthol kick that it gives is off the charts. The Astra Green blade is still holding up so it helped me achieve a magnificent three pass BBS shave that was so much fun!

Wishing y’all a great week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221107.JPG

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar
    Schick C
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger/Boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick C Repeating Razor and the Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

8. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

What a Grand Freeze this was!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 6
    Stirling Glacial Citron SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash
    YSL Pour Homme EdT

My first Stirling Glacial shave in about two weeks or so and let me tell you - the Glacial Citron soap and aftershave really shook me up. The scent is so beautiful - lemon, lime, grapefruit, and a little tangerine all come together to give such a wonderful refreshing effect, the soap’s tallow formula promotes such thick, rich, mega slick and protective lather, the menthol sensation is off the friggin charts, and you can’t get better skincare. The Prep gave me lots of additional loving care, and the Glacial Citron aftershave is another menthol atom bomb, and it’s lovely scent doesn’t clash with the YSL edt which is another beautiful old school fragrance and a favourite of mine whenever I could get it. Three glorious passes gave me such a dynamite BBS shave!

[​IMG]

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221114.JPG

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    TNNSER Classic by Tom
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

It was 20 degrees out this morning and a great day for a cold water shave. The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap did not disappoint. It lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Classic by Tom and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Yehuda D and brit like this.
  10. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Not really a Grand Freeze but still cold enough!

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 13
    Bundubeard Kudu’s Kick SS
    Prep ASB
    Alt Innsbruck AS Splash

This morning I had to show my brother Jaco’s soaps some love so I selected his Kudu’s Kick and I’m happy that I did. It’s a glycerine based soap like most of the shaving soaps he produces and it has such a nice coffee/peppermint scent, the lather whips up so easily, it turns real thick, rich, quite slick as well as protective, there’s a pretty strong menthol sensation, and it’s very skin friendly. I really enjoyed my massage with the Prep when I finished shaving, and the Alt Innsbruck aftershave not only smells so gorgeous, it doesn’t lack menthol - is it ever cold. Another three pass BBS work of art - what a terrific shave I had!

Wishing y’all a great week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lemongrass Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #1 Badger
    3D InjecTR v1 Razor
    Personna Injector blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The TSD Iced Lemongrass Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #1 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D InjecTR v1 Razor and the Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Yehuda D and brit like this.
  12. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

What a Grand Freeze!

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 6
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash
    Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

The best way to describe this Frosted Lavender soap and aftershave is a whiff of soothing relaxation on a twenty below zero morning - that’s how frigid this stuff is. IMHO, this is the most gorgeous lavender scent I’ve ever had, the soap’s tallow formula - in fact ALL of Fernando’s soaps are practically identical to the delightful Stirling soaps in terms of texture, ingredients, and performance. This Frosted Lavender gave me tons of beautifully scented lather that was so thick, rich, creamy, SLICK, and protective, the menthol sensation began to pummel my face immediately exactly like a Glacial soap would, and the postshave feeling was so soothed as well as relaxed. The Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel has very little scent but it still feels great on my skin, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is also witch hazel based, it never stings or burns, it smells as beautiful as the soap, and it’s so friggin frigid. The wife loves the smell of the Eau Sauvage on me and so do I - this fragrance is an old classic. This little Junjie razor is so efficient in spite of how mild it is - three passes left me completely stubble free - what a cracker of a shave this was!

Have a great week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221128.JPG

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick
    Jayaruh #4 Badger
    3D InjecTR v1 Razor
    Personna Injector blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Another sweet shave with this 3d printed razor by @SlimGem . I will be shaving with this razor through Friday of this week.

The TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #4 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D InjecTR v1 Razor and the Personna Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  14. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday
    brit rocket/kcg
    soc
    arko
    rr lime mentholated

[​IMG]

jimjo1031 and Yehuda D like this.
  15. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A tremendous Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 13
    Stirling Glacial Margaritas in the Arctic SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Polo Green EdT

If a setup like this doesn’t freeze your face off then nothing will. The Glacial version of MITA has three times more menthol than the regular version which is also pretty damned cold, the scent is the same lovely tropical/citrusy type, it has the same great lather that’s so rich, slick as well as protective, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and the skincare is numero uno. The Prep and the Rubby Dubby Doo were a perfect finish. Three passes left me mega BBS - what a dynamite shave this was!

[​IMG]

16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Canadian Schick E5 Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Rubberset 200-2 Boar (restored) Brush
    Stubble Buster Game w/M-Bomb Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Shulton Old Spice w/M-Bomb After Shave

Untitled.jpg

brit likes this.
  17. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A quickie but a goodie with Proraso Green cream!

Hot shower
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Canadian Tech/Astra Green day 6
    Proraso Green SC
    Proraso Green Crema Pre/Dopo Barba
    Proraso Green AS Splash

Two lightening fast passes did a good job of cleaning me up - the Plissoft 26mm Monster churned up terrific lather with the Proraso Green cream and the menthol sensation was very nice even though it felt almost insignificant compared to the stuff I normally use on a Menthol Monday. The matching pre/dopo cream works perfectly as a balm because it’s very moisturizing as well as soothing, and it’s really cooling. The matching aftershave went on nice and chilly and I enjoy the scent now and then. Would I call this a BBS shave? Yes!

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  18. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Not a Grand Freeze but still pretty cold.

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Astra Green day 13
    Lea Menthol SC
    Prep ASB
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS Splash

I’m not feeling well at all - this bloody covid seems to be worsening. Two quick passes and back into bed. Still no fever but I’m so weak and tired and I hope it’ll pass soon. The Lea Menthol cream smells really nice, it lathers like a champ, it gives more than enough of a chill to satisfy me, and it’s very skin friendly. The Prep and the Aqua Velva felt so good afterwards. Would I call this a BBS shave? Yes, I believe so.

Guys, please pray for my recovery.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You had a nice shave at least. Best wishes for you to regain strenth and get back to being you.

Yehuda D likes this.
  20. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A helluva Grand Freeze!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Goodfella 3 Piece/Astra Green day 3
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

Man oh man oh man is this Glacial Electric Sheep soap ever something for the books - it’s the first and only Glacial soap with a mutton tallow base and IMHO, it’s absolutely WONDERFUL. It has the same delightful scent as the regular version of Electric Sheep which is a blend of lemon, citronella, and eucalyptus, the lather works up magnificently, the menthol dose is lethal like all the other Glacials, and the skincare is numero uno. The Prep and the Snake Bite aftershave gave me so much additional soothing and heavy duty menthol goodness. Finally, a little Aramis and I’m smelling super sexy. (According to the wife!) Three passes with this Goodfella/Astra Green combo gave me an unbelievable BBS shave that was so much fun!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

brit and Paul Turner like this.