30 Day Rule/Focus; Dec 2022. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Gary.....I hope to get that new brush soon(course the weather could cause a shipping delay).

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.you as well.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary

Trigger and brit like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent looking shave Gary.

5. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.excellent feeling shave as well.:):eatdrink047:

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Dec 27 Tribute Shave/ My Parents' 75th Wedding Anniversary

20221227_162607.jpg

Exactly, 75 years ago, NYC was hit with a blizzard and it was the day that my parents got married. She was 17 and he was 20. The other dapper gentleman was my mom's father. I never met him because he died when I was 5 months old.
    Although they are gone, this shave is to honor them. I don't know what my dad used to shave that day, but I do know he was not a traditional wetshaver. The only thing in my setup that he would have used is the Old Spice Aftershave. My Schick E3 is the only safety razor that I have that predates their special day so it gets the call.

Schick E3 Injector razor
    Pella Injector Blade ( 4th use ? )
    Omega Pro 49 Boar Brush
    Cella SS
    Old Spice
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 1 day

20221227_171044.jpg

The shave went well. Cella gave a nice, slick lather. The Schick E3 was sliding on my skin without any problems. 2 passes gave me a nice shave. The alum wasn't silent, but it wasn't harsh. Splashed on the Old Spice to end this tribute shave to my parents. Take care.

7. brit

brit in a box

cool tribute shave and pics Joe.:cool:

8. Trigger

Thanks Gary.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Joe. We did and I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas as well.

10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20221227_174400.jpg
    Tatara Masamune with open comb plate.
    Feather blade (fresh).
    Razorock 400 Plissoft synthetic brush.
    Razorock P160 shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Royal Copenhagen cologne.

No shave since Saturday so a fresh Feather with the open comb was in order this morning. All I can say is it was beautiful with no feedback from the alum. The Masamune was a finely tuned lawnmower this morning.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a Merry Christmas!

Did anyone get any shaving goodies for Christmas?

11. Trigger

First class shave Danny. My Christmas was quiet, but nice.

Hembree, brit and JACarbone like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful tribute shave Joe. I would venture a guess that your dad may have started out as a traditional wet shaver but quickly changed for convenience once all the new fangled goop and razor came out in the late 40’s or early 50’s.

13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Danny.

I did get a few shave related items from my daughters.
    Cella aftershave and Halston Z-14 AS and Cologne
    Another tub of Pre de Provence No. 63 soap. (My daughter, Dana, gave me a tub four years ago for my birthday. Since it is triple milled I have barely made a dent in it). The newest tub will go to the Southern den.

Hembree and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Danny.:cool:.had a fine Christmas,got a new Burberry edt.:):eatdrink047:

Hembree, Paul Turner and JACarbone like this.
  15. Trigger

Thanks Joe.. I think not because he was 16 in 1943; his father was 58 and spoke very little English so it would be difficult to communicate the methods of straight shaving. Also, straight razors were expensive and King C Gillette flooded the market with safety razors before my father was able to shave. Besides, my father never mentioned that he ever used a straight razor. It is these reasons that I concluded that my dad never used a straight razor, brush and regular shaving soap. What really solidifies my conclusion is that I have always seen my father shaving with a tto safety razor.

16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

C2C81E10-6B4F-42C8-A4E8-82B30FBFE0D4.jpeg
    Shavette Shave # 186 - 1508.5 Project - Prairie Song

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: RenRen Shavette
    Blade: Perma-Sharp
    Brush: Ever Ready 200T
    Lather: Lakewood Soap Company Prairie Song
    Aftershave: Floid Genuine Vigoroso
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum

Today the Shavette delivered a super close shave even though a weeper developed under my chin during the second pass. The post shave routine easily resolved the issue.

A little warmer today in the Sunshine state. I am ready for another fun filled day. Tomorrow we travel to the Southern den where more great shaves await.

palmolive fox, brit, ewk and 2 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thanks for the clarification but I included the use of safety razors in my theory regarding wet shaving. To me anything which incorporates the goop is disqualified.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    brit and Trigger like this.
  18. Trigger

I agree. My father always used the canned lather.

19. Trigger

Terrific shave Joe. Enjoy the sunshine.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

This morning, I closed out(for now)the Stoylin Sheep soap/Bill Neumann Signature 1907 A.S. I had the Crown King Duro Spindle Tali brush. I was very happy with how it was going until I got to the Northern border of Cactus Nation-a cut just under the jawline at the center. Painless, but it happened. Elsewhere, great job at the cheks&sideburns, and on both ends of Porcupine(chin and are just above the upper lip). Also did well under where the cut happened. I put some extra Bill Neumann over the cut, let's see what happens as the day progresses. Most Excellent.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.