The Haul; January 2023

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Queen of Blades, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks, Jim.

I was thinking the same thing E2 and E3. The E2 spring can be swung to the leftt to be cleaned but the E3 is fixed.

Herm2502 and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Any time I can help.

:)

3. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thursday’s mail call is from The Razor Company. Today I got Extro Cosmesi British Leather shave soap, 444 Alum block and 100 Parker blades. CB04DED2-0A4A-4853-B0A0-C06556E17786.jpeg

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick 3C repeating razor arrived today. The best part, no plate loss..........
    20230121_131210.jpg

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Declaration Grooming B14 Washington.
    IMG_5087.jpeg

6. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Well then, here is my humble contribution.
    Found these 3 at a vintage/antique shop y'day, figured I would take them all as the shop was around 1.5 hour drive away, no idea at the time what they were, seemed in good working order.

123front.jpg

123back.jpg
    Labelled No 1, No2, No3.
    No 1 I have cleaned up. The other 2 are as is.
    Not sure the boxes all match up. All 3 razors are made in England. One of the boxes is made in the USA.
    Boxes look a bit on the shabby side...

To save space I will post the full pictures here online in case anyone is interested/can tell me more.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-syzEH6elVCqJpN2rWYj1VCi_BFvBexY?usp=sharing
    Online images are labelled 1a 1b 1c, 2a 2b 2c, 3a 3b 3c etc to match the labelling above.

interesting that 2 of the razors seem to have a drill mark in them just above the A of England.

drill hole or what.jpg

7. brit

brit in a box

very cool ,nice score.:cool:#1 is a late 50's flaretip set,#2 is a rocket in a slim adjustable case,#3 is a late 50s rocket hd

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm impressed. You managed to get three completely different razors. The HD (Heavy Duty) in particular is a very well liked and desirable razor. It will be a tad bit more aggressive than the other two. The flare tip will probably be the mildest shaver of the three, though the difference between them all will be pretty slight.

You will probably wind up with a Gillette Slim Adjustable at some point if you keep collecting razors. Now you have a box to put it in when you do. :)

jtspartan, ChrisB, brit and 2 others like this.
  9. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I agree. Remember, only the E2 should be opened for cleaning. E3 doesn't open. I think you'll find the E2 a very efficient razor. I love mine

Herm

brit, ram57, Frijolero and 1 other person like this.
  10. jimjo1031

It's the early E2 razors that were made to move. Later E2 razors have bumps on each side and weren't made to move.

jtspartan, brit, ram57 and 1 other person like this.
  11. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    IMG_1674342878684.JPEG
    eBay mystery stone. Ended up being a very fine grained Dalmore Blue. I'm still flattening it out, so I don't know if it's of a quality suitable for razors, but it's already a keeper for knives and scissors.

twhite, jtspartan, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

cool score.one never knows with old stones..:cool:

jimjo1031, PLANofMAN and Enrico like this.
  13. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

@brit thanks Gary, at least now I know what I bought! No idea apart from the fact they were Gillettes!

@PLANofMAN thanks Ryan, once I get a good Slim I will stop. I will prepare the other 2 on the weekend and give them a whirl in Feb.

14. brit

brit in a box

you are most welcome.i meant to say that #1 is a brit flare tip/rocket set.late 50s.one doesn't see them complete very often.cool score.as for the drilled holes i have no idea.:)

ChrisB and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. jimjo1031

If the clear tops of the cases seem cloudy, use a polish and they should clear up. Flitz works really well, but most polishes will do.

ChrisB, PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  16. jimjo1031

Unused Schick L gift set and Schick I arrived today..............
    20230123_144426.jpg

17. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I suspect that might have been done to identify the razor from others, for instance, in a military barracks setting.

I can't imagine any other reason to do it.

ChrisB and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

good point.i used to tag my wrenches that way back in the day.:)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  19. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

What are the three containers? Shave cream, aftershave and deodorant?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. jimjo1031

Yes sir. I wish I had some of the after shave in a bottle, Wood Lime. I gave it a little squirt, smells good.

brit and John Beeman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.