30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Danny. :happy088:

Hembree, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

March 16 SOTA

Good afternoon

GEM MMOC
    DayLogic SE Blade (2)
    MrEE LE#10 Cashmere Brush
    Stirling Executive Man SS
    Fine Accoutrements Platinum AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 30 hrs.

20230316_162053.jpg

I made a nice boatload of lather that was creamy and slick; thanks to Mr. EE's LE #10 brush. I did three passes of WTG, ATG and a hybrid of ATG/XTG. BBS was the result without incident. It looks like I will be deep-sixing this soap tomorrow. Yea!
    I did have some alum feedback on my neck and did get a nice aftershave burn. However, I didn't mind because I gave myself a nice shave. Take care.

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice barbershop shave Danny.

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice MMOC shave Joe.

Hembree, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  5. Trigger

Thanks Joe. Tomorrow will be Fatboy Friday and the sinking of the Stirling Executive Man SS.

Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

CC0B51F0-4A7C-4B8E-B037-B1F6C8CD4C4A.jpeg

SOTD 03/16/2023
    SRS # 850

Rating: 5 / 5
    Razor: Thiers-Issard Super Gnome Extra
    Brush: PAA The Green Ray 24 mm
    Lather: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
    Aftershave: Stirling Arkadia
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Love the Trismegistus soap. I am happy to report that the Trismegistus soap is now once again available on the Declaration Grooming site. Currently I am resisting the temptation to purchase the soap and splash for the Southern den.
    The TI delivered a super close three pass shave. He alum gave a very minor report while the witch hazel was very soothing. The Stirling Arkadia matches the Trismegistus soap. I decided mid 2022 to pick up the splash as the Trismegistus splash was unattainable at the time.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen

7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

That a boy!

8. Trigger

Wonderful shave and setup Joe.

Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Joe....I have not done barbershop in a while.

Trigger likes this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

11. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe. Yes my Ever-Ready 200 looks and feels like boar. Looking at older images on the web it seems mine has been replaced with a shorter loft. Well, if yours lathers well and you have enough boars that also work, would you not just leave the 200T as it is?

Hembree, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  12. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

16 March 2023
    March Focus: Mapping.

Growth: 1 day.
    Lather Bowl: Blue
    Brush: Puro Tasso Boar
    Razor: Gillette Tech aluminium
    Blade: Feather (1)
    Face Prep: HWS x 3,
    Pre shave: Proraso Green for a change.
    Cream/Soap: Arko stick which I grated, melted with Imperial leather AS. Hmm, nice. Lovely latherer.
    Post Shave: HWR, CWR, alum/silent, Thayers. No damage.
    Aftershave: Old Spice to the face and neck.
    Scent: Jo Malone of London Orange bitter strategically placed. Lovely combination of scents right till the end of the day.

3 Passes with touch ups were needed: it seems like I can't do this in just two passes yet.

Super clean shave. Still needing lots of micro-buffing to the top lip even after WTG, and XTG both ways: not keen to go ATG here
    The Feather couples well with the Gillette Tech. Being aluminium it is nice and light and easily manoeuvrable around all the road bumps and chicanes. And it is much easier for me to use a really light touch ATG. No wonder there are so many Techs out there. I am no longer fearful of the Feather. It cleans up a little faster in the first pass than the other blades I have tried. Need to order more of these, too.

Beard mapping: there are areas where this has to be followed strictly (e.g. around the mouth, the chin and around the Adam's Apple area) and areas where I do not need to be so strict (e.g. cheeks and sideburns areas.)
    I am pretty much following the same pattern of shaving choreography from day to day, but sometimes it's a bit hit and miss.

16 Jan 800 border.jpg

16 March 2023

Tomorrow: Friday 17th is a bit of a day for us. 39th Wedding Anniversary coinciding with my wife's 3rd facial SSC MOHS procedure. Will drop her off early and see what the day brings.

13. Trigger

Excellent shave Chris. I just want to say that it's OK to do 3 passes if that's what you need to get a great shave. It also depends if you use an aggressive razor with an aggressive blade such as a Feather. However, the risk of cutting yourself would be greater at the expense of 1 less pass. I rarely go against the-grain on the stache unless I use a mild razor. Btw, Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A better shave this morning with the same products as yesterday. If I can't have Rise, I'll be happy with Gillette Foamy. I succeeded today with yesterday's missed spots. Goose eggs again on the Cuts, Knicks, and Polka-dotsl One pass. Probably could have done better at South Porcupine(chin), but at least I didn't cut myself there, as I am prone to do. Very pleased though. Super Duper Outstanding.

ChrisB, Hembree, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  15. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nice setup Chris! You're right, the mild Tech and the beasty Feather make a good match! Enjoy!

16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20230317_094605.jpg
    Tatara Nodachi top cap on Masamune solid bar plate.
    Nodachi handle.
    Feather blade (fresh).
    Yaqi Dandelion synthetic brush.
    Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man shave soap and splash.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.

Smooth and smelling good!

The Tatara set up with Nodachi top cap and Masamune plate is an efficient and smooth machine.

Happy Friday everyone!

brit, Herm2502, ChrisB and 4 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most likely I will not do a thing. Only for nostalgic purposes to have it look similar to when my father used it might I consider doing it.

18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

SDM shave for me as well. Well done Danny.

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Happy Anniversary to you and your bride. Celebrating it with a nice shave. Enjoy your day.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

B8A12A9B-EE4D-4F87-89E1-1FA79559FAB3.jpeg

SRS # 851 - March Mug Madness - SDM

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Thistle 5/8”
    Brush: Leo Frilot Custom NYR 26 mm Synthetic
    Lather: Stirling Sharped Dressed Man
    Aftershave: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

I decide to go with the SDM to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Not that is a big deal for me. I prefer March 19th which is St. Joseph’s Day. I would always enjoys the Italian pastry that is associated with the day, Sphinge de San Giuseppe.

The shave was top notch with the Thistle razor easily taking care of a one day’s growth. The Stirling soap does not need me to express it virtues, we all know how well this lather performs. I am smelling and looking good as I get ready to spend some time with my mother.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

brit, ChrisB, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.