Titanic and 3017...?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Primotenore, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Why do you "3017" a product?

1. For the Challenge

24.0%
  2. Because I was Challenged

16.0%
  3. Because I am Challenged

16.0%
  4. None of the above

24.0%
  5. All of the above

48.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Myrsol has excellent face feel. I really regret not going to their shop when. I was in Barcelona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 16, 2023
    Feather AS-D2
    Feather
    Mondial Boar
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

Happy Friday Jr everyone. This week is just about in the books. This lineup could easily be my favorite. Everything just flat works for me in delivering a drama free shave each and every time. I am really started making a dent in the Fat. ​

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I made a mini run of them back in the day. You, Neal and I all have very similar ones. I’m making a bowl for @Primotenore , maybe he’ll want to be in the cool kids club…
    I’d make another pallet/windstorm/plywood joke, but the Maestro is under the weather.
    :eatdrink047:

4. jtspartan

Day 20
    F83CEB4E-5367-4668-8C5B-627AD510928C.jpeg

I’m going to be in a big meeting with about 40 other folks. They can thank me in advance for the Shulton AS and Cologne…

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

They will thank you even more for not using Clubman.

Frijolero, wristwatchb and jtspartan like this.
  6. jtspartan

I like these people (most, anyway)!

Frijolero, wristwatchb and clint64 like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

If you want to have a very short meeting, using Clubman may just be the ticket. :D

And if the meeting leader even hints of plans to rock Midnight Stag, the meeting will automatically convert to Zoom. :rofl:

Frijolero, Keithmax and jtspartan like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 17, 2023
    Ikon B1
    30 DC LE
    Feather
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

Happy Friday Everyone! Another excellent shave to start the day. ​

Frijolero, brit, Primotenore and 2 others like this.
  9. jtspartan

Day 21
    92ED9600-34B9-4B1F-8C0D-F39135DAA405.jpeg

Inspired by Clint’s Ikon to reach for the New Deluxe. A very efficient shaver that is, to me, not as smooth as most Gillettes of the era.
    I can now see the bottom of the bowl. Given that this is a triple milled soap, there are still quite a few shaves on it, though.

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

"rock Midnight Stag??" I thought you LIKED MS. Course I know where you stand with Clubman.

Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  11. Paul Turner

The old bookstore space next to me became an Asian food market. Gee, a Clubman Store mighta worked real well(there I go again, talkinabout muhself).

Frijolero, wristwatchb and clint64 like this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Midnight Stag is OK in some respects but a bit strong. I'm giving it a chance to percolate in the garage to see if it'll smooth out. I don't think it'll ever be as smooth as an Austin gearbox, though.

(as smooth as an Austin gearbox was a line I picked up from an Agatha Christie story. I bet @brit would appreciate it. :))

Frijolero, brit, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

I have my eye next on PAGES from Hub City Soaps. From its description, it could be a Midnight Stag clone, but I'm betting it will be less strong as MS. PAGES could be more like SHERLOCK(from Chiseled Face, where Midnight Stag resides).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    clint64 and wristwatchb like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Short meeting: "Thank you for coming...let's get right down to business. See ya next time". .

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Frijolero, clint64 and wristwatchb like this.
  15. jtspartan

You always make that brush look so good…better than live! :eatdrink047:
    I love the look of it with that boar. I probably should have put a similar knot in them all.

Frijolero, clint64 and wristwatchb like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you for the kind words. The brush looks fantastic and works even better. I am honored to have one of your brushes. I do need try my lathe and see if I can make anything worthwhile.

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 18, 2023
    Denali
    Shavemac D01 Flat Top
    Feather
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

Happy Saturday Everyone. At least we have some sunshine today. It seems that I am making progress with the Fat. Honestly it is going much slower than I anticipated. I decided to move onto the Denali razor. The Denali is a near twin of the Rex Ambassador razor. The designers worked together up until a certain point before deciding to go their separate ways. Since I have both the Denali and the Ambassador, one really needs to go. Over the next week or so, I will spend time with both to decide which one makes the cut. ​

Frijolero, Primotenore, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Day Twenty of the challenge. While I am still testing positive, I feel like I have turned the corner.
    To all of my "well-wishers", your thoughts and concerns meant a lot to me. Thank you.
    [​IMG]
    Seven days of growth was too much for me to tolerate. And if you want to mow down that kind of beard, NOTHING does it more efficiently, than a 2011 Mühle R41.
    Right, @Keithmax ?
    The second-use Feather blade took no prisoners, yet all the while left every bit of epidermis intact.
    Eschewed stank.
    See you all in the funny papers.

Keithmax, Frijolero, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Day 21
    IMG_6026.jpeg
    Never under estimate the Cooper MonoBilt. It's a tiger.
    Great lather, as usual.
    Tabac EdC is vintage, but in a modern bottle. (wanted a spray, not a splash)

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Glad you’re feeling better Joseph.