30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Fantastic Friday Frankenrazor shave Danny. Have a super Friday.

2. Trigger

Great shave and post Joe. For the same reasons, I am a St. Joseph's Day fan. Bring on the sfingi!

palmolive fox, Hembree and JACarbone like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. I am going to have to hit up an Italian bakery in the next day or so.

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  4. Trigger

March 17 SOTA

Good afternoon!

1959 Gillette Fatboy (6)
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blade (5th use)
    JR #290 Cashmere Brush
    Stirling Executive Man SS
    Fine Accoutrements Platinum AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 23 hrs

20230317_161723.jpg

Well I finished the 1oz sample of Stirling Executive Man SS. It leaves me with 2 partially used 1 oz samples of Stirling Triumph and Intrepid Man soaps as well as my slightly used 5.8 oz tubs of Stirling Tsuka and Stirling Spice soaps. It means I only have approximately 13 oz of Stirling Soaps. Lol! I am OK with it.
    Anyway, I did a 3 pass shave because I had enough soap to do so. I achieved a BBS shave without hiccups. The alum gave some feedback in the usual places and the aftershave provided a nice burn. Tomorrow will be a Shavette Saturday Shave. Take care.

5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Awesome shave Joe......great gear!

JACarbone, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  6. Hembree

Excellent shave Joe

JACarbone, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  7. Hembree

Congratulations on the anniversary.

Gillette Tech + Feather = Awesomeness

Great shave!

8. Hembree

Great shave Paul!

Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Hembree

Thanks Joe....Sharp Dressed Man is great and the wife likes. :)

Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Hembree

Awesome shave Joe...hope your day was great!

Trigger likes this.
  11. Hembree

Thanks Joe

Trigger likes this.
  12. Hembree

Excellent Stirling shave Joe!

Trigger likes this.
  13. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Friday March 17 - middle shelf March

Prep: hot shower
    Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black injector with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label (2)
    Brush: Simpson's Chubby 2 synthetic
    Soap: TOBS Lavender cream (croap)

Last shave was Monday, so a four-day stubble.

I thought the shave was quick, smooth, and trouble-free. One pass - WTG on the face and ATG on the neck - sufficed to bring me back to cleanshaven.

As I said, I "thought" the shave was error-free, but then I noticed a spot of blood on the right side of my neck . The alum stung there but also stopped the blood without any requirement for use of a styptic pencil. Examining the grievous wound, I concluded that I had probably nicked a tiny pimple. Oh well...

Hope everybody is well heading into the weekend.

Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day! If I had been properly on the ball this morning, I would have used my APShaveCo mixed badger-boar brush with its Elegant Emerald handle in a vibrant green resin... Plus one of my sample tubes of shaving cream made by the Irish firm of Marram Co...

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Danny....course I forgot to mention another great finish with Bill Neumann.

JACarbone, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  15. Hembree

:happy088:

JACarbone, Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Hembree

Excellent shave even with the slight bloodshed.

Screwtape, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

Double thanks Danny.

JACarbone and Hembree like this.
  18. Trigger

Terrific shave and super gear John. Every once in a Blue moon, I get those creepers. They don't show up until after the shave and I am like what the heck.

Screwtape, JACarbone and Hembree like this.
  19. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

18th March 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Geo F Trumper Violet Shave Cream.
    Frankenrazor: Muhle R41 bottom plate with Yaqi Mellon top cap + Schmidt R10 Handle. (Face) - Shark Super Stainless. (D1)
    Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 (Brass) (Head/Dome) - Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL. / L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

After the comfortable close shaved i had with the efficient Muhle R41 in my previous weeks shaves i've decided to experiment pairing the Yaqi mellon top cap with the R41 bottom plate + hefty Schmidt R10 handle which combined together wonderfully making a superb efficient Frankenrazor. The yaqi Mellon cap makes the R41 semi-open comb base plate feel noticeably smoother than the Muhle top cap.

After the shave my skin felt BBS with no irritation, nicks or cuts, and the alum rub was minimal over all areas of my ugly mug.

It's been a while since i last used The G F. Trumper Violet shaving cream and forgot how much i really like it's unique scent only a small amount is needed to create a excellent lather for the full shave leaving a superb post shave feel.

I know from pass experience with the Shark SS i get 2-3 max acceptable shaves after that I bin them. They have a good balance of smoothness& sharpness which for me is a great combo...As always YMMV, opinions are very subjective.

Another close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Screwtape, JACarbone, brit and 3 others like this.
  20. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement Joe, yes I am resigned to 3 passes I guess. I sometimes think 2 is enough that'll do, but I just gotta keep going!
    The top lip/stache area I am still going N-S then XTG one way then the other way and then light touch ups SW-NW and SE-NW but feels very skittish.

Thanks Herm, good combo for a one day growth. Think I will look out for a heavier Tech.

Fair enough, I guess you could just keep it the way is it and try and hunt down one like your father had, but that might be a tough search.

Thanks for all the good wishes!

JACarbone, Trigger and Hembree like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.