30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

19 Mar 2023

Sunday morning shave here in Perth, WA.
    (Edit: Western Australia)

19 Mar 2023 1600-1 brdr.jpg

Growth: 1 day
    Lather Bowl: White
    Brush: Ever-Ready 200
    *** still not my favourite. I think I will relegate this to the storage bin for a while.
    Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
    Blade: Feather (3) !
    Face Prep: HWS x 3
    Pre shave: Proraso Green
    Cream/Soap: Cella
    ** lovely lather, thick and protective, even on the 3rd pass.
    Post Shave: Warm and cold water rinse
    Aftershave: Old Spice.
    Scent: Who is Elijah EdP

Passes:
    3 passes with touch ups: Same pattern as yesterday.

Results:
    Nicks: slight bleeder left side of chin, too much rotary buffing here, day 3 of Feather. Stopped on its own.

Great shave. First time I am BBS both ways right cheek.
    A few bits of stubble left under the chin and to the right of the AA, but that is just me.

The Rocket HD is another one of those razors that feels really safe. Overall, a really smooth shave. I probably used more pressure than I should have but I think the combination of the HD and the 3rd day of the Feather encouraged that. The Feather performed well on day 3, so much so I might take it to day 4.

A super way to start the Sunday.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice way to close out "Razorock Week-end". I can now see a mark at the bottom of the soap, but there's lots to go before I 3017 it. Cheeks&sideburns look and feel great, as does North Porcupine. I did get a small cut at South Central Porcupine(just over the jaw muscle). It doesn't hurt, it's just THERE. As I recall, I was going over the area too much, which probably is the reason for it. Once again, I could have done better down at Cactus Nation.I'll see about that tomorrow. No Knicks, polka-dots. The Tuscan Oud aftershave is nearing its end, but there's stil a few shaves worth left in it. Most Outstanding.

JACarbone, brit, ChrisB and 2 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

I look foreward to beginning the Zingari Man this week(tomorrow, to be exact). And good timing, as they sent me an e-mail Saturday asking for my review of it. Aaaah, a two-day wait for them can't be ALL bad.

JACarbone, ChrisB and Trigger like this.
  4. Paul Turner

I had an idea of possibly moving to Washington in the future. Where is Perth?

JACarbone, Trigger and ChrisB like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Marvelous Mühle shave Barry. Have a marvelous afternoon as well.

JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  6. Trigger

Congrats on getting BBS on the right cheek Chris! I have always gotten great shaves with Cella. It's easy to lather and it's very slick. Enjoy your day.

JACarbone and ChrisB like this.
  7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Joe. Have a marvelous day.

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  8. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Hi Paul, can't help you there it's a bit further than that I am afraid 》》》 I have updated my signature. There is a Perth in the UK somewhere but the one I live in is in Western Australia. GMT +8 hours.

9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

33BAD624-6BBE-48AC-A8BD-D1C622209E49.jpeg

SE Shave # 320 - Sample Soap Shave/March Mug Madness - Red Cabin in the Woods

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Shick - Injector Type J
    Blade: Persona Injector (1)
    Brush: Jayaruh 381 Badger/Boar
    Lather: Hub City Red Cabin in the Woods
    Aftershave: Floïd Genuine Vigoroso
    Additional Care:
    Omega Alum
    Dickenson’s Original Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Quick and efficient shave with the Schick Type J injector. I replaced the blade, which had only one use on it and gave me a less than adequate shave last weekend, with a new Persona injector blade. The result was a super smooth and comfortable shave. Of course, about ten minutes post shave two mysterious weepers decided to make their presence known on my upper lip. No big deal.

The sample soap of the Hub City Red Cabin I. The Woods is now finished. I will have to decide which sample will be placed in the Crabtree and Evelyn Soap scuttle next. Learning towards Los Jabones de Joserra Viriato. The scent noes for this soap is as follows: “Opening with a spicy note of Cardamom, blending in to a heart of Leather and Suede all resting on a woodsy base of Cedar, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Patchouli.”

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

Screwtape, ChrisB, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

OOps, that exlains the "WA".

ChrisB, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful R89 shave Barry.

palmolive fox, ChrisB and Trigger like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent Cella shave Chris. It does pair nicely with the Old Spice AS.

ChrisB and Trigger like this.
  13. Trigger

Wonderful shave Joe. I just hate those creepers. However, it's better than having a nick or worse. Enjoy St. Joseph Day and don't eat too many hot cross buns.

JACarbone likes this.
  14. Trigger

March 19 SOTA

Good afternoon.
    Assured for Men by Dollar Tree razor
    Assured for Men DE Blade (2nd use)
    Rockwell Synthetic Brush
    Arko SS
    Pinaud-Clubman Classic AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 23 hrs

20230319_161220.jpg

It's time for my normal Sunday afternoon shave. I went the easy route and picked the Dollar Tree Razor. I can't believe this $1.29 razor gives a great shave.
    I chose Arko because the scent is presently non-existent and it provides a very slick lather. As an aside, I happen to like the Arko scent when it was new.
    Two passes without touch-ups or errors gave me a near BBS shave.. Alum was mostly silent and that Pinaud-Clubman Classic aftershave didn't burn. Take care.

15. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nice Danny. Which Yaqi razor head is that? Would you recommend it? I love AC razors.

16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

US $9.00 | YAQI Single Edge Chrome Color AC Safety Razor Head for Men
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLFuWhc

I would recommend it. The only problem is that you have to check your blade alignment when you load the blade. Once the alignment is right and you tighten the handle it stays locked in. For the price it is a fun head and you cannot go wrong. It handles really nice. I like the thin profile.

Yaqi offers it in a matte finish and a chrome.

Thanks and have a great day.

17. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Hi Joe @JACarbone, I see you and some others leave a cover on the scuttle, presumably with the soap puck still in there? Any old cover will do? (I haven't seen these scuttles with covers)

My bad Paul, I should have been clearer!

Thanks Joe, yes I enjoyed the Cella and will it near the front of my rotations.

The Fat Boys used to sell for USD 1.95 not so? Maybe this $1.29 razor will be sought after buy our grandsons in the years to come at inflated prices too! LOL.

18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Joe.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  19. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Date: 20 Mar 2023

20 Mar 2023 Conk HD F4.jpg

20 Mar Conk HD F4 large

Similar set up to y’day but different soap and brush

Growth: 16 hours (Also undertook shaving the back of my neck)
    Lather Bowl: white
    Brush: Puro Tasso Boar
    Razor 1: Gillette HD with Feather Day 4 !
    (Razor 2: R89 with Derby loaded in case the Feather was getting dull. Didn’t need it.)
    Face Prep: HWS 30 seconds x 3
    Pre shave: Proraso white, trying to finish this.
    Cream/Soap: Col Ichabod Conk Bay RuM. Pleasant enough scent but not great. Tolerable.
    Post Shave: Warm/Cold water rinse. Thayers’
    Aftershave: Old Spice to face and neck. Nice zinging, that’ll cleanse the pores.

3 Passes again. Beginning to divide my face map into distinct Zones, each of which needs its own strategy. I will map these out in a diagram when I have this down pat.

Touch ups: as needed with buffing in my challenging areas. **Riding the Cap**

Results:
    Lather: Man-0-Man does this stuff lather. First time I have used the Col Conk. I have had this sitting in a plastic tub for a while. I loaded it the same as I did with my MWF, loading the boar brush for ~40 seconds to get a thick proto-lather, then into the bowl adding drips of water to get rid of the bubbles, before I knew it the bowl was overflowing with enough lather for 5 shaves!

Face: I did feel some burning on face and lip areas, not sure if it is the Col Conk Bay rum? Sensitivity? Allergy?. Pleasant enough scent though.

Nicks: None
    Red spots: None
    Alum: not needed
    Another good shave.

Lessons of the Day:
    *** I found the Cap! Why after 4 months did it take me this long to "find the cap'? Was it the Gillette HD? Was it the lather?

Around the touchy areas, I tried gliding just the cap over the beard area and slowly introducing the blade. Up to now I may have been using too steep a blade to face angle. It’s an in-the-zone thing. Haven’t found that spot with my other razors yet. Have I been scraping too much?

Feather on Day 4 did well enough. Was never able to get a blade to go to day 4 before!
    Another successful day.

Residual stubble:
    Usual area around the AA but easier with my new found riding the cap. There is hope for this area :D
    Also the chin was much smoother this time round.

Have a great week ahead Gents.

20. Paul Turner

Fine shave this morning, with the opener of Zingari Man(The Explorer). I somewhat ruined "Opening Day" with 2 cuts and a Knick, all happening at various areas of South Porcupine Alley(chin). I do need to go softer there, that's a fact. Course when I wrote my review in the Zingari website, I didn't mention the "issues". A very nice shave everywhere else. More experimenting to do down at Cactus Nation(neck). 2 passes. The Vetiver aftershave calmed things down a bit. I can see myself using this from early Spring to throughout the summer (except for those hot&humid days- Might try it ONCE then). I do have other weapons in my arsenal for the heat&humidity It's expensive but the 5 oz. persuasion helps a bit. . Very Outstanding.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.