30 Day Rule/Focus; March 2023. All are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Yes, it just came in a day ago. I have 3, or is it 4? I can't remember..

JACarbone, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

March 29 SOTA
    Good afternoon.

Rockwell 6C (setting 4)
    Rockwell DE Blade (final use)
    MrEE Tuxedo Brush
    Stirling Triumph SS
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
    Stirling Alum Block
    Beard Growth: 24 hrs
    Dome Turf: 4 days

20230329_162602.jpg

I needed to do a headshave because it was long overdue. I don't usually go 4 days without shaving the dome. Started with a 2 pass face shave without any incidents and got a real close, comfortable shave. On to the headshave, 3 passes and I was smooth as silk. There wasn't any alum feedback anywhere. Applied the AV Ice Blue aftershave and there wasn't any burning. I finally retired the last of my 100 Rockwell blades. They are excellent blades if you are looking for a smooth and not so aggressive blade, However, $15 for 100 blades with average quality isn't worth it to me. However, they may be worth it to someone else. Bye-bye Rockwell blades. Take care guys.

ChrisB, JACarbone, Screwtape and 3 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Very nice shave, setup and pic Joe. JR brushes are the bomb.

JACarbone, ChrisB and Hembree like this.
  4. Trigger

Terrific shave Herm. Like I mentioned to Joe C., JR brushes are the bomb!

5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very nice Rockwell shave, Joe. I need to get mine out....it has been a while. :(

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  6. Trigger

Thanks Danny. I seem to remember you had two Rockwell razors and that you always like them.

JACarbone and Hembree like this.
  7. Hembree

ChrisB, JACarbone and Screwtape like this.
  8. Hembree

I do like them.

I have a 6C, 6S and a 6S set that is polished.

JACarbone, Screwtape and Trigger like this.
  9. Trigger

Ah yes, I forgot about the polished 6S.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    JACarbone and Hembree like this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks. You've got that right. My two favorite brushes any my last two of Jim's!

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I decided to choose Eight And Bob over Knitze 10(from the fragrances that video fella talked about yesterday). Knitze 10 is all leather with some...I can't believe I'm saying this-CLOVE mixed in. But the fact is they're both too expensive for me. The video man presumed all his listeners were millionaires, I'm sure. .

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

30th March 2023.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)
    Frankenrazor: Muhle R41 bottom plate with Yaqi Mellon top cap + Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL. /Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Another wonderful comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off on a high. The Frankenrazor set up is my favourite to date. I will pair it with various other blades to see if i get the same results.

The Proraso Sandalwood shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is superb leaving an excellent post-shave feel to my mature skin.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

13. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Thank you sir!

Thanks Joe!

JACarbone, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  14. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

30 March 2023

30 Mar 2023 border.jpg

30 Mar 2023

Had lunch and coffee with my eldest son, then came home for a lazy late afternoon shave.
    Growth: 34 hours.
    Lather Bowl: White, I do prefer lathering the MWF in a bowl.
    Brush: Old Vulfix Pure Badger. Dipped briefly in water, shaken dry
    Razor: Merkur Slant 37C. Very pleased with this purchase.
    Blade: Nacet (3) pushed this to a third day. Still Ok, not tugging but not as sharp. Binned this.
    Face Prep: Usual HWS x 30 secs 3.
    Pre shave: Proraso White rubbed in left to do its work while lathering.
    Soap: MWF. Loaded 20 CW 20 CCW 20 CW 20 CCW. Dribbling in water slowly. Very nice and thick for all three passes.
    Post Shave: Warm Water rinse. Cold water rinse. Thayers.
    Aftershave: none this late in the day >> off to do some exercises.

Passes: Definitely needed 3 passes, with touch ups to the usual trouble areas. Getting better around the chin and the top lip. Still rough stubble in the lower right side of neck. Oh well there is always another day, but for the rest a really smooth result.

(Also tackled the back of the neck below the hairline: this is tricky, going blind, no idea how you head-shavers do this!)

Plan for the end of the month: Might skip tomorrow and try again on the Weekend, perhaps try the slant with a fresh blade and see how we go!

Have a great Thursday guys. The weekend and the end of March loom ahead of us.

15. Hembree

20230330_064203.jpg
    Rockwell 6S - polished (plate 5).
    Astra SP blade (2).
    Razorock 400 Plissoft synthetic brush.
    Tabac shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion.

I decided to do a throw back shave. This was the razor that got me involved with the Shave Den. Joe @Trigger inspired me to bring out a Rockwell this morning.

I had actually forgot what a great little razor this is....three very nice passes.

How could I have a throw back without the Pinaud Clubman....oh yeah!

Happy Thursday everyone!

ChrisB, JACarbone, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Very nice shave this morning on Throwback Thursday with Bill Neumann Shave soap and After shave. Bill's Heartwood scent is my favorite. All of his specialize in being skin-friendly. No cuts, 1 Knick and no polka-dots. Tbe Knick was taken care of nicely by BN(sorry New Yorkers). Gone, that is. 2 passes. This is defimitely a "Tehnque Trumps Tools" shave company....if you don't use a good technique during the shave, you waste the power the soap prepares it(the shave)for. But overall, my skin feels great, smooth, clean. As Outstanding As It Gets. Let's see if I can get three of those grades with BN. One down, two to go.

17. Paul Turner

Aaaah, there goes Pete LePew, talkinabout himself.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  18. Trigger

Terrific Thursday shave Barry. Enjoy the rest of your day.

JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  19. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I'm just catching up on this week's posts, so a couple days late in posting this response...

Anyway, this is great advice, Joe.

I know my brother-in-law only buys one tube of shaving cream at a time, and then uses it all up before buying another. But I suspect he may be an alien from outerspace just pretending to be a human male wetshaver... Most of us here have a "stash" with enough product to last several years. So soap is cheap and there is no need to stint on it!

When I started with the 30DC, I mainly bowl lathered, and I tried to see how little product I could use to get a good lather, I would start by putting an almond-sized dollop of cream in the bowl to whip, then work that down in subsequent shaves to one the size of a very small pea. Very frugal -- and very stupid for someone with over 80 soaps and creams tucked away, especially when the 30+ creams have a short shelf life before drying up... Now I just concentrate on a nice lather and never mind how much soap or cream I use to get it.

ChrisB, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  20. Trigger

Wonderful shave, pic and setup Chris. I use the Braille method for headshaving. In your case, I would feel where the neckline starts and place the razor at that spot to shave downward. Repeat the process as you go along the edge of the neckline.

ChrisB and JACarbone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.