Upcoming surgery..........

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jimjo1031, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

It could be worse. (Enters Mr. Peabody's WayBack Machine)

I remember an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon about sixty years ago. After I was in the examining room, which that morning was the one across from the surgeon's secretary, there was a hubbub at her desk. We were told we had to reschedule.

The Doctor had a surgery scheduled after his morning appointments. Apparently the hospital had changed the time of the surgery and forgotten to notify the surgeon. They had started sedating the patient, preparatory to the operation and wondered where the surgeon was. Needless to say, he lead-footed over there, and we were sent home. That hospital has since closed it's doors.

BamaT and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

:shocked003:
    Sounds like your taste-buds are in a highly improbable location.
    :happy102:

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry Jim ....... that's not cool at all. Did they reschedule you for tomorrow?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

You got to treat like a game ..... you chug down a big glass ..... do the heebie jeebies and the shimmy and the shakes then take a big drink of something to cover the taste. Then don't forget to get ready to make tracks to the potty. :scared007:

In the grand scheme of things in life ...... it's no big deal.

:)

stuartganis and Paul Turner like this.
  5. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Sorry to hear about the mix up , but , As I said to you earlier in that other thread, I hope everything goes well , and here's to a speedy recovery...

6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Has to be another day.

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

So is the surgery going to be rescheduled? If so, I wish you the best, whenever it happens. Glad for you that you won't need a colostomy bag. I'm dealing with that right now & it's not fun. (If all goes well, I will be getting it reversed in late April.)

BamaT and Enrico like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I didn't know it could be reversed.

:signs002:

9. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Yes they can be. I knew someone that had one for a little while , the doctors had them use one so that the surgery area could heal before they would need to use it and then they reversed the surgery so that they don't need to use it anymore....

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That's exactly what happened in my case. I had a perforated intestine, so they removed the damaged area (about 6") and put me on a colostomy bag (yuck). The reason was that they felt the ends were too fragile to reattach right away. So they needed time to heal first. If all goes well, I will be rid of this nasty thing in about a month.

BamaT, jimjo1031, jaro and 1 other person like this.
  11. jimjo1031

I hate those things. I had to have one for my Mom because she had dementia.

BamaT likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@jimjo1031 just checking in. How are you? Have you had your surgery yet?

I had a colonoscopy (good result) and saw my surgeon today. My reversal surgery is scheduled for 4/21. I will be glad to get it over with.

13. jimjo1031

Rescheduled for April 24

BamaT, Queen of Blades and Sara-s like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@jimjo1031 I want to wish you a safe surgery and speedy recovery. I go in for my reversal surgery tomorrow. (So I am now on day 2 of the liquid diet/colon cleanse. I really miss solid food.)

BamaT, Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. jimjo1031

Thank you.

Sara-s likes this.
  16. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Still on a liquid diet for a couple of days post-surgery? Wishing you Good Luck and fast healing.

Like Mondays aren't miserable enough....
    Good luck with your surgery as well.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No, I am pre-surgery. It’s tomorrow. I will probably be on IV nutrition for a couple of days after.

jimjo1031, BamaT and PLANofMAN like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have a stubborn colon(one that refuses to accept that ugly stuff). I'll have an "office consultation" with my original gasterenterologist next month after 3-count em 3-more failed colonoscopies in the space of 2 months.

jimjo1031, Sara-s and BamaT like this.
  19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Prayers for you in surgery and for post op recovery.

jimjo1031 and Sara-s like this.
  20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Prayers for your surgery on 4/24, and for a great recovery.

jimjo1031 and Sara-s like this.