SoS: April 2023

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Mar 31, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday morning’s Grand Freeze:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Rapira day 14
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Drakkar Noir EdT

God Almighty am I ever frozen stiff from this setup - the Glacial Obsidian soap did a helluva number with its POWERFUL menthol sensation and the beautiful black licorice scent filled my bathroom. Thirty seconds of loading resulted in such MAGNIFICENT lather that buried my face, my eyes started tearing almost instantly, but I just love the feeling, and the postshave care was superb. The Prep and the Osage Rub aka the Rubby Dubby Doo were a perfect finishing combination. This Rapira blade is pretty well kaput but it gave me one last hoorah with a fabulous three pass BBS shave that I really enjoyed!

Have a nice Sunday - be well and stay safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtspartan, Hembree, awk-m4 and 13 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Karve Christopher Bradley (D) Razor
    Bolzano Superinox Blade
    Yaqi w/ Maggard 70/30 Badger Boar Brush
    Victory Shaving "Tough Hombres" Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Old Spice Fresh Lime After Shave

Untitled.jpg

poppi, jtspartan, Hembree and 10 others like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sunday, April 30
    [​IMG]
    AoS Lavender~~Declaration Grooming B14~~dubl duck Goldedge~~SBST
    Have a great day!

poppi, jtspartan, Hembree and 10 others like this.
  4. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Sunday April 30, 2023
    Brush: Simpson CH2
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Tabac
    Razor: Henson AL13 +++
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

IMG_3195.jpg

5. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Slim / Wilkinson Sword blade
    Heritage Eveready 500E / Synthetic
    Razorock / Don Donato [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Primotenore, poppi, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  6. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Sunday Afternoon Shave 04.030.23
    RAZOR: Gillette '40s Brit FTB, RR Titanium HALO Handle
    BLADE: NOS Wilkinson Sword made in England
    BRUSH: Vtg. Rubberset 200-4, new 26mm boar knot
    LATHER: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, April 30th 2023

Razor : Schick J1 type injector, Mfg 1957-64, mild range, well built to last, I can shave quicker with a injector, quick clean up.
    Had a carefree shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (8) sharp & smooth, very sharp, great longevity, smooth's out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Emperor, sharp scent that is hard to describe + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Cola" 22mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)5 template 8.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] great shave with my Schick J1 injector with a Personna coated blade.

SOTD April 30 2023.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

stuartganis, poppi, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

-The-Sunday-Shave-
    r-3 super 84/platinum
    wcs lantern silvertip
    signature

[​IMG]

9. Joe Rouse

Joe Rouse Well-Known Member

#SOTD for April 30

I’m back home today and I decided to try out a soap that arrived while I was away. That soap is “Autism Strong” by Hoffmans Shave & Soap Company. This soap means something special to me as I have a son who is a high functioning autistic and I suspect I am on the autistic spectrum myself (although I have never officially been diagnosed). So when Robert announced this special release, I jumped on it.

Pre-shave was the PAA Cube. Hoffmans soaps are usually lather monsters but with the Cube it really becomes even more of a lather monster. Very slick and protective.

As for the scent, to my nose it is a very light soapy scent, definitely barbershop in nature, which I know Robert was shooting for. I like my scents to be stronger but the soap quality otherwise is fantastic.

Razor was the Razorine Flatboy with an Astra green blade. Brush was the dS Cosmetics 26 mm Badger-synth hybrid. No bowl today.

Postshave was PAA alum block with the leftover cream in the brush as a balm.

The shave was rough and I think the Flatboy may just be a bit too much for my face. For the month of May I plan to use one razor, most likely the Razorock German 37 slant, and we’ll see if that works better.

Hope everyone has a great day. And go Sacramento Kings. Let’s light that beam!

[​IMG]

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

April 30, 2023
    Henson AL-13
    Zenith B2 Boar
    Feather
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

11. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here my last Shave of April (30.04.2023)

F9741700-2771-4B22-9E8D-2E96D32984D1.jpeg
    Pre: PAA Cube // Razor: Henson AL13 ++ V1 // Blade: RK Stainless(1) // Soap: Soap Commander Vision // Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite // Aftershave: Cremo Cooling Post-Shave Balm

Very good shave. First try of the RK Stainless Blade. It is a good blade (at least in the Henson) without being very good nor very bad. Just middle of the road. But very gentle and forgiving.

The rest? Oh yeah…Vision smells fantastic and pairs nicely with the Aftershave Balm which is fantastic. Received it on Friday so today was it´s maiden voyage. The cooling sensation is just a tad below the green Proraso. It goes on very easy without being greasy or something else.

All in all a 7 / 10

Have a great time, enjoy your shaves and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

12. brit

brit in a box

monday
    #58/platinum
    simpson
    kaizen
    fine

20230430_121622_edited.jpg

13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

April 30th
    Occam’s DE ‘Scalloped Plate’ with
    Gillette Super Platinum ‘Russian Bkues’
    ‘17 30DC LE
    Stirling Gin & Tonic
    Myrsol Emulsion
    D77A86B1-4CE2-40E3-8069-7CED77EA7C1D.jpeg
    Awesome everything today. Have a great night all.

14. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Signature? The Club? May have to look this one up :).

brit likes this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May 1st 2023

Razor : Micromatic Clog Pruf, Peerless model- Mfg 1945, mid range, well designed and built to last many generations. This is one of favorite Micromatics of the 3 Micromatic base models that where produced for decades. Had a close comfortable no issues shave this morning with a historical excellent razor .
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade for handling.
    Soap : La Toja stick, very mild scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi " Artic sky" 24mm 3band silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Amici splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated Gem blade.

SOTD May1st 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

17. brit

brit in a box

it's an A&E product.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Oh OK, thanks for the advance notice.

brit likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Is your Old Spice a Shulton or P&G? Looks more like P&G, but I know Shulton had a Fresh Lime.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

This one is P&G. Haven't found a Shulton lime for a reasonable price to add to my collection.

Paul Turner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.