I need a manly after shave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by wyoduster, Jul 28, 2020.

1. cswann1

cswann1 Member

I realize this is pretty worthless, but not completely.
    For many years I've been using Neutrogena Razor Defense Post Shave Balm. It's been very popular with the wet-shave community for a long time, but for some reason, this product was discontinued. Neutrogena still makes an ASB with sunblock, which I've never tried so I can't comment on it.
    The "not completely" worthless part is due to the fact that you can still get this from a couple of eBay sellers. I just bought 3 tubes at around $14/per which is about double what I used to pay in stores. When I like something, I stick with it, but sooner or later I'll have to find something new.
    IMHO it's worth the going price on eBay. It's got a great masculine scent, it sooths my skin very well, and within a minute or two of putting it on, my skin is dry to the touch. Also, it only takes a peanut sized application to cover my cheeks and neck.

2. cswann1

cswann1 Member

Per my post above, I'm going to have to find a new ASB. This looks promising, I think I'll give it a try.

OOf...just checked out and the shipping made this much less a good value. I'm pretty spoiled to Amazon prime free shipping. But if this turns out to be my new ASB, I have no problem buying in bulk to save on shipping costs.

Enrico likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd say Puros is a HEALTHY tobacco.

4. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

I'm the new guy here, and I'm stunned! I would have thought those old dime-store after shave/colognes like Brut, Old Spice, English Leather... would be sneered upon by today's "shaving snob" ;). I just smelled Pinaud Clubman SR for the first time out of the bottle, and found it to be pretty feminine with all the floral notes, and not much else. I'm actually going to try it on my face this afternoon before reaching a final verdict, though. Here I spend so much time on West Coast Shaving looking at foo-foo expensive after shaves, when all I have to do is go with the old stuff. But do you really want to smell like everyone else?

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Buy and enjoy what you like, but thankfully you don't need to spend a lot of money on anything to enjoy a great shaving experience. That goes for aftershaves as well. A lot of folks here favor the drug store offerings.

I recently finished a bottle of Stetson aftershave (included in a drug store Christmas gift set with a bottle of the cologne) for somewhere around $12-14. Pretty good stuff. I'll grab another set or two next Christmas and maybe even luck out and get 'em on clearance. :)

gorgo2 and Jim O like this.
  6. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

"Stetson"! I'd forgotten that one.
    Well, I gave the Pinaud Clubman PR a real try after shaving. I used a fairly liberal amount, too. The sting was a shock since I've never used an aftershave. But, the scent is quite different once you put it on your face. Excellent, I think. More than just floral notes, but I'm not experienced enough to identify the other scents. I like it. Now I have a bottle of Zingari Man "The Traditionalist" after-shave that I picked up cheap on the way to my mail box. I can see this can become an addiction.

wristwatchb likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

With scented aftershaves and cologne, less is more to those around you.

Jim O likes this.