Do the badgers die?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by gatto, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    There are other terms to use. Like animal welfare. "The welfare of the chickens".

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'll just add that the bible is the oldest source encouraging better treatment of animals. In fact, if it weren't for the bible, animal treatment today would likely be FAR worse. What bugs me in terms of animal treatment, is that those who tend to mistreat animals use the bible to say animals don't have rights, and then mistreat animals in a way that is VERY unbiblical.
    I eat meat, use various animal products, and don't plan to stop. OTOH, I also buy local as much as possible. Meat and vegetables from the local farmer's markets are WAY better than what I get at the grocery store, cost only a little more, and are far better for the world we live in (both environmentally and for the people).

3. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Like I said before I'm not trying to save the whole world, meat goes in a truck too, so does all the stuff I buy off of the internet, so do the items I sell through Avon, so do all the video games that eventually end up at my local game stop and then I use electricity to play them on my xbox while I sit in my heated house. :rolleyes: I do what I feel is right which includes trying to buy organic and local when it is available and not buying meat.

The commonly accepted term for laws that are passed to protect animals from people is animals rights, so that is the one I used.

edit: now that I re-read this I do sound a little annoyed in this, I'm not mad at all but I'm editing it just so nobody thinks I am.

4. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

This thread is totally an animal rights thread. If it were a "Brush" forum thread it would probably have ended with the first "yes" answer to the original question. Chatterbox! lol

P.S when you said "The welfare of the chickens" I chuckled at first (insert any Gary Larson [who happens to be an animal righ- er, welfare- supporter] chicken cartoon) then thought wait, how much is this going to cost me?

5. Queen of Blades

JayKay is not attacking you, Jen. No one said you have to prove anything or be sorry for anything.

It seems your emotions are getting the better of you in this thread. Perhaps a break from reading this stuff is needed.

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Yep... getting dangerously close to a break time in this thread. I'll keep an eye on it.

7. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Really? I'm not mad at all, I just think it's silly that he keeps saying how anything I could do is bad for the world :happy102

It isn't bothering me, a lot of people act like that as if vegetarians and vegans trying to prove something or save every living thing. Some of them are but I am definitely not one of those vegetarians.

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

First off, I would like to get one thing straight. We as humans are omnivores. We eat plant and animal matter. To be a peak health, you need to eat both. Full vegetarians need to take suplements and vitamins to make up for the nutrients that we get from eating meat.

Second, most meat comes from US that we eat. I would pick up an axe and slaughter a cow. If a cow could pick up an axe and slaughter me, go for it. Its evolution, we win.

This sounds like an animal rights thread. I wont kick a puppy but I'm not going to go hungry either. A mans got to eat. Nobodys saving the world. Everything dies eventually. End of thread?

9. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

JayKay, have you ever eaten puppy? Damn fine meal, IMO.

10. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

No reason to get angry, Honestly I think this thread can be closed. All I wanted to know was if badgers die in the brush making process and that has been answered a few times over.

Also there are only a few vitamins missing from plants B12 is the big one, and like you said it can be easily replaced with a pill.

11. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

:happy102 Rolls you are terrible

12. Queen of Blades

Just as one example; The use of "from stupid people" in this sentence shows a bit of emotion. It would have sufficed to omit that bit.

13. rollsshaver

JoAnna, unfortunately there really are alot of stupid people out there. I am one of them!!

14. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

I never said any of us are doing anything wrong here. I'll take it out if you want me to, I didn't mean it to attack anybody or even show any sort of emotion.

15. Queen of Blades

I won't dispute that statement.

@Jen. I'm not trying to correct your posts or anything like that. I'm just trying to explain why some people, myself included, may be construing your posts here as emotional or argumentative.

16. rollsshaver

JoAnna, unfortunately there really are alot of stupid people out there. I am one of them!!

17. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

It's ok, I edited it. I really honestly and not getting the least bit emotional about this but I just don't understand what jaykay was looking for with these. Usually people who say things like that are attempting to prove something

:rolleyes:

18. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

makes me think of Airplane! when Striker tells Elaine to watch the number three engine, it's running a little hot, and it has a flashing alarm which says "A Little Hot"

19. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

aww man you liked airplane :( that movie just didn't do it for me

20. Queen of Blades

Prove? Nah, he was trying to state his point. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.