Irish Moos shave stick.........

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by rollsshaver, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Okay folks, I am trying to find another place to get a stick of Sir Irish Moos shave soap. Does anyone around her know where to get these sticks?

Rolls

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

You Know anybody in Germany? I heard from a fellow they are sometimes found in drug stores there along with Tabac shave sticks also.

3. rollsshaver

Not offhand........

But, there has to be a few guys on TSD from Germany......................

4. JimR

JimR Active Member

Indeed.
    I'd be down with this, if anyone found one.

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I believe it is now back in production, but apparently reforumulated.

6. PeterS

PeterS Member

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, the company behind Irisch Moos (and 4711 amongst others) has been bought by Mäurer & Wirtz, the company behind Tabac. They reformulated the stick an the cream and it's now available again in sizes of 100ml - just like Tabac. The thing is I have yet to see the new sticks in stores somewhere...

@Pete: I don't know the company but they do stock the new version of the stick at a decent price and they seem to ship to the USA ;)

8. JimR

JimR Active Member

For only 19 euros! :D

Now, how is it that the only non-European country the ship to is the USA? Why not Japan? Or Canada? Weird...

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

But they don't have a weight-limitation - the US-guys could make a bulk order and ship a stick or two on to you :D

10. JimR

JimR Active Member

You, sir, are BRILLIANT.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

12. rollsshaver

Do you know what changes were made when the new makers reformulated the sticks? I wonder if we could get ingredients lists from both the old and the new formulations for a comparison.

13. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Rolls,
    Wasnt it rumored that the B&B order is the old formula? Or you just looking to see the difference in the two? I am really looking forward to getting a hold of it.

14. rollsshaver

I am really just curious. Nine times out of ten these reformulations are bad. The companies are always taking steps to cut costs, and end up using sub-quality ingredients. And of course, sub-quality ingredients makes a sub-quality product.

To answer your question directly though, I only want to see the difference.

15. biomesh

biomesh New Member

Maurer & Wirtz started off as a soap company, so hopefully that explains tabac's performance and that the IM should be just as good of a performer.

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I think they took the original IM scent and scented the Tabac SS-base with it. So basically it's the Tabac SS with the Irisch Moos scent.

//edit: Nope, the old IM, the new IM and Tabac have slightly different formulations

17. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Old IM:
    Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Glycerine, Parfum, Stearic acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, C.I. 77891 Titanium Oxide

New IM:
    Aqua, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum Stearic Acid, Linalool, Potassium Hydroxide, Eugenol, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Cinnamal, CI 77891

However, the differences are only slight and for the most part are due to new laws regarding what has to be stated as ingredients. I can't make out any differences in the performance of the soaps...

18. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Is this stuff easily available to you Klaus. If so would there be interest in a group buy here? I'd be interested.

19. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

No, as I said before I have yet to see the new IM-stuff appear in stores. I would have to import it from Germany myself and then distribute it - paying twice for international shipping. The easiest and cheapest thing would be if someone bulk-ordered from the mentioned site and then distributed the sticks within America.

20. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

what does an Irish moos smell like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.