Bulk Order: Gillette 7o'clock Super Platinum

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shep, Jan 29, 2009.

1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

[slash]should [/slash][slash]I end up liking them, and depending on price, I could go for 10-20 packs, but again, it's not yet known, but if it helps....[/slash]

RPPs FTW!!!!
    :D

2. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Not really but thanks for stopping by.

:D

3. sol92258

[​IMG]

4. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Any other takers out there?

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

Too bad, I prefer the green PermaSharps...

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

10 packs for me

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Those come from the same supplier. If some people want those I can see what I can do.

Just throw it in this thread. example; 20 packs of Greens

8. Queen of Blades

Brings the estimate up to 145 Black and 20 Green.

9. JimR

JimR Active Member

Fair enough.

20 packs of greens!

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I want yellows. And somebody send me a green and black blade. I havent tried either yet.

11. Queen of Blades

Talk to Paul.

SEs (aka yellows) don't come from the same country as the SPs and PSs.

hehehe definitely past JoAnna's bedtime. :laugh042

12. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I have been doing a bit of research. It seems that more people prefer the yellow pack 7'oclocks to these. What can you guys throw into the mix here? What is your opinions of the two different blades?

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

right now the yellows seem more readily available, and can be purchased in bulk. That probably has a big thing to do with them being more popular. I love the yellows, my favorite blade right now, but I actually haven't used a black yet. I will try one tomorrow that Bong sent me and report.

14. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Well Rolls you know how blades effect everyone different so it's all w/ a grain of salt. But Bong sent me yellows, greens and a black. The yellow and green each gave me one good shave and a second lousy shave. Pulling and tugging and what not. As we've previously discussed, w/ stropping I got four nice shaves out the black. I did a bit of research into the Indian Gillette company producing these blades and indeed the black is their flagship blade. It's their top of the line, and I have to agree.

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

In My Opinion:

The black is very sharp, and smooth. Like Shep, I think it holds up well to multiple use.

The yellow is not as sharp as the black, but possibly a little smoother, forgiving.

Like they say, once you go black, you'll never go back! :D

I'm currently also trying out the Astra Superiors. I think they're very, very similar to the blacks. Super sharp and super smooth. It's a tough call.

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

hmm... For my face the yellows kicked astras out of the water. I found the Astras to perform similarly to Red Pack Personas, *which were my previous favorite* Hopefully I like blacks better.

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

That's funny, because I think the RPP is probably the worst blade out there. I had nothing but grief with that blade. Tugging, pulling, burn like you wouldn't believe. It all stopped once I stopped using that blade.

Interesting.

18. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Yeup, I call BurnWood. The Astras did me no good and I tossed it after 1 shave, but I know Rolls likes the Astras almost as much as he likes the Noxzema SC.

19. sol92258

RPPs and Astras are my top blades (Feathers would be, the cost factor dethrones it, though), nothing but awesome shaves. And I never have a great shave with Derbys, so definite personal unit_of_distance variance here.

20. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

A couple of people have compared these favorably to the Astra Superiors - I love the Astra Superiors, and they are currently my main blade. Can anybody else comment on how these black 7o'clocks compare to the Astras? If they are, indeed, similar, I would be interested.