For the SE Gurus

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Windwalker, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

I was looking on Ebay and spotted these 2 razors, never heard of the company. I see that they were from Brooklyn. Is this yet another branch of the ASR Tree? The Junior (the top one) went for $73.00 and the Premier went for $53.00. Which was more than I could spare fight now. I tried to search for them but could not find anything on the company. The Junior is a name used by Gem/Ever Ready and could be a link to ASR, what say ye??

Attached Files:

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wow, didn't know what they were worth, but I had dropped one of those in the grab box when that was going around. I wonder who ended up with it...

attached is the only image I can find of my old Eagle Improved

Attached Files:

3. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Rodd, TM over at the other forum, posted some info on them. He says that the improved will not take a new SE blade. :(

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

The lever on mine came up and hit the blade rather than going behind to hold it in. I actually cut a blade back and it worked OK in it, but I am pretty sure it was intended for a wedge blade.

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

The eagle razor and a few others from this era used a special wedge or SE that actually clipped into the holder.

There is no way to modify it to make it work that I am aware of.

6. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

the eagle blade is much stockier than a SE blade with a THICK spine.

1969fatboy has mine; maybe he can post a picture.

7. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Wow, glad that I did not pursue one, I would have torqued to have won one and not be able to use it. :mad: