Best shave EVER!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by lferg, Feb 7, 2009.

1. lferg

lferg New Member

Friday morning I was running a bit behind so I didn't shave. I worked outside today so I took a shower and shave a few minutes ago. I normally use Derby blades or Peronna Reds, I have been using TSD soap. I have been unhappy with the TSD soap because I thought is was very lacking in lubrication. I have gotten some advice that TSD soap needs a bit more water than I am use to using. My wife shaved last night and I made her lather with her TSD and used more water than normal. It came out 10x better than before. So tonight I made some TSD lather and it came out great. ALSO I used a Feather blade for the first time. So it was a Merkur HD, Feather blade, and TSD Tea Tree soap.... This made for the absolute BEST, closest, and most comfortable shave of my LIFE!!!! Thank you TSD for all the advice, direction, and the soap! :happy108:::happy108

2. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Member

Sometimes I get the best shaves after I take 1 or 2 days off, a little more growth seems to help for some reason and the extra healing time for the face helps a lot.

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Congrats on a successful shave. Here's to many more! :happy088

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Congrats!

And yes, I find that I can get a better shave after I skip a day.

5. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

Sometimes I don't even have to skip a whole day... just if you usually shave in the morning then skip the morning shave and wait till the end of the day.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That's that ticket...:D

Fuzzy

7. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Isn't that what makes this whole wetshaving thing worth it?

Betcha that isn't nearly the only time you'll post your "best shave ever", either; they just keep coming!

8. lferg

lferg New Member

Just a quick Best Shave Ever update. I don't even have to shave for church this morning!

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Ahh... but will you anyway?

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I actually will shave with a very mild razor when i really do not need to sometimes. Just so I can shave.. can I get an AMEN?

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Amen!

Hey, its hard to develop technique when you can only shave when your beard is ready!