Wow -- I Didn't Expect This!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Feb 16, 2009.

1. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Krumholz pictures one of these and states that it is a "scarce" variation that has the G inside a D rather than a serial number and that it is probably a 1927/1928. He even puts a question mark after the dates. I have a no serial number 1927/1928 New Improved that does not have the G in D marking.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Mine does not either.

Fuzzy

3. chimes13

chimes13 New Member

I think the G in the D is somewhat random as to which razors it appears on. I wonder exactly what its purpose is. I have a Big Fellow, New Improved, old type and possible others that I can't think of at this moment that all have that stamp.

In keeping with the original theme of this post I guess I can point to this. I'm anxiously waiting its arrival to see if it's the real deal or not......

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Tom, I don't think that is a double ring. I asked the seller if it had one or two rings at the top and he said one. I even sent him the url to achims double ring. Whatever it is that looks like another ring appears to high anyways.

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

That is weird. it definitely looks like it has two rings, but they appear to be farther apart than the other double rings I have seen. :confused:

6. chimes13

chimes13 New Member

I think it does have two rings but I didn't notice the spacing till you mentioned it... Oh well it's probably another copy like one I already have. It was cheap enough to take a risk.